• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • The Politics forum has been nuked. Please do not bring political discussion to the rest of the site, or you will be removed. Thanks.

Opinion Game Dev Capcom says it’s ‘just started’ work on Resident Evil Village DLC

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
Dec 1, 2014
ibiza

During a live streamed E3 event, the publisher said: “By popular demand, development has just started on additional DLC for Resident Evil Village. More info later.”

normalguy09x

Mar 19, 2021
Good. If it's true that is. DLC should only be made after a game is released not before. If it's made before the game was released, then it should automatically be included in the game at no extra charge.

MiguelItUp

Feb 24, 2015
Eh, I don't entirely believe them, haha. Majority of the time DLC is included on the internal roadmap and projects overall budget. I wouldn't be surprised if by the time they were send submitting RE8 for cert, they already had other members working on the DLC.

Curious to know if we're gonna get one or multiples like RE7 though...

Valt7786

Mar 9, 2020
Remember all those screenshots of gameplay in the village, with Elena etc as possible playable character? Theres your "dlc".

peter42O

Aug 9, 2014
The Capcom leak from late last year showed DLC for RE 8 and a lot of other games and info. Thus far, that leak has been 100% accurate. So I don't know why Capcom would say that they just started work on it. Come on, no one is believing that especially since RE 7 had DLC.