• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom shares 2014 strategy, planning more online-only games a la Deep Down

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Via; http://www.capcom.co.jp/ir/english/data/pdf/explanation/2013/full/explanation_2013_full_03.pdf

capcom2014-1g1dfg.png

capcom2014-2wtca4.png

capcom2014-39kcee.png

capcom2014-4vuc85.png

Knurek

Breath of Fire 6, the latest version of this popular franchise.

Oh Capcom, that one felt like a gutpunch.

Coxy

"upgrade monetizing measures" is one way of putting "lets really fuck people as hard as we can"

Varth

Yea... uhm... sounds appealing : (((

It was Capcom that got me into gaming, basically. I'm at a loss of words to say how sad their state feels to me.

NewGame

Banned
They keep releasing crappy mobile Monster Hunter games. People don't play Monster Hunter for the brand, they play it for the gameplay. And the gameplay involves two directional sticks (sometimes three) along with at least 6 buttons.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Welp... nice knowin' ya, Capcom.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
They keep releasing crappy mobile Monster Hunter games. People don't play Monster Hunter for the brand, they play it for the gameplay. And the gameplay involves two directional sticks (sometimes three) along with at least 6 buttons.

They listed "Monster Hunter Hunting Quest" as a strong performer so someone is using their mobile titles.

Big0Bear

this plan sounds like the reason I stopped being a fan of theirs, not going to get much support from me in the near future

“Monster Hunter Mezeporuta Kaitakuki”

What is this? I'm aware of Frontier and the Tencent MMO but first time hearing about this.

Capcom is going keep-deep with the "mobilization" of console gaming. If they do it right it could be a turning point for gamer perceptions on the value of F2P. I just don't see Capcom being the company to do this right, though.

Unfortunate.

Step 1: regain Marvel license
Step 2: port UMVC3 to PS4/Xbone with new fighters and a Killer Instinct-style F2P option
Step 3: respect and profit

Nozem

Can someone post that NeoGAF quote from a few years ago, that was used in an internal Capcom presentation? I want to see what's changed.

Neifirst

I wish Nintendo could buy the Mega Man IP from Capcom. I want a new title with those Smash Bros. Wii U graphics!

I'm gonna be honest. If DMC5 was a true sequel to 4 but had DLC out the ass...I'd still buy it all.

That and Bayonetta are two franchises I'm just a sucker for.

Scum

Niro, what are the chances of a "high% DD/low% retail" Capcom in about a years' time? Seems like nearly everyone is slowing setting up for it...

So whore out everything they have? Yeah, good luck with that

Also
Mobile contents
Capcom brand: Centralize development operations, upgrade monetizing measures
Does this means what I think it means? Basically "focus on mobile, scam people harder"?

They catch a lot of hate but SF4 and RE5 were two of my favorite games last gen, UMVC3 is my favorite game to watch, and Dragon's Dogma is a title I put over 100 hours into. You guys hate em but I don't see what they're doing so wrong. No other publisher put out that many games that in so many different franchises that I enjoyed. The closest is EA solely because of BioWare.

Keep on truckin I say.

monome

Capcom hates itself.

Tho I understand it's a big company and most of its execs are crying rivers of bitterness at GungHo's earnings, unless they have some directors with a clear vision of what to do, they should follow suit with the Dead Rising 3 example, and try and get the console makers co-publish some of their IPs exclusively.

With no vision, its best to please a company that shares its own with you.

-MD-

Just throw everything on Steam already so I can buy it all, past and future titles.

Resident Evil, Dino Crisis, Dragons Dogma. Everything.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
So whore out everything they have? Yeah, good luck with that

Also

Does this means what I think it means? Basically "focus on mobile, scam people harder"?

They're moving their mobile development primarily in house to try and improve quality.

They're also trying to monetize the games more effectively, yes.

Lernaean

Banned
I actually liked the part where they plan to develop internally for knowhow.
I also am possitive on upgraded DLC to extend a game's life.

...but some other plans, ugh.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Monetize their games effectively.......
I hope that doesn't affect their mobile ported game or I will bail out completely.

By this do you mean games ported to mobile or games ported from mobile?

Though I guess it doesn't really matter too much since they intend to monetize heavily on all platforms...

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
That's probably what investors want to hear.

Personally, though, I just think it's sad to see what this company has become.

Xav

What happened to just making plain old videogames? It seemed to have worked pretty well from 1983 up until Capcom decided to start being idiots.

Top Bottom