• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom survey wants to know if you would buy another Resident Evil Remake

Aranea

After the successful release of Resident Evil 2 Remake Capcom threw Resident Evil 3 Remake our way. If you think Capcom is done with Remakes, you’re wrong. In a recent survey, Capcom asked its fans if they would like to play another Resident Evil Remake.

On its official Asian website publisher and developer Capcom asked its fans if they would like to buy another Remake if the studio ever makes one? The question was thrown as part of a survey for Resident Evil fans.

After the successful release of Resident Evil 2 Remake Capcom threw Resident Evil 3 Remake our way. If you think Capcom is done with Remakes, you’re wrong. In a recent survey, Capcom asked its fans if they would like to play another Resident Evil Remake.

On its official Asian website publisher and developer Capcom asked its fans if they would like to buy another Remake if the studio ever makes one? The question was thrown as part of a survey for Resident Evil fans.

REmake CVX if you absolutely have to go on with remakes, but remaking re4 would be an useless waste of resources ffs, the game still play better than half of the modern games

Honestly, having a re4make instead of Dino crisis, onimusha, or cvx ( Who is nearly unplayable today due to heavy structure, controls and backtracking over the roof, and many gamers still haven' t played it) would be the most stupid thing ever

brian0057

Banned
Resident Evil 1 is a top 3 game of all-time for me. If I had my way, they'd remake this game every generation.
I wouldn't.
Resident Evil Remake is so good that you absolutely have no reason to play the original game outside of nostalgia.
It's the superior remake above 2 and 3 and one of the best horror games ever made.
Just do an RE4 and re-release it every console generation.

Don't touch RE4 or Remake. It's just plain insulting, fix a shit game like Code Veronica then do RE8.

Do please touch RE4, Capcom.
Remove everything after the first half of castle and the game goes from great to legendary.

Last edited:

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Code Veronica need a Remake
51849511_395517011205638_8072411936437829632_o.jpg

Completely rewrite that muthafucker.
And then do RE4
No, not a Remake but completely Redo it, different Story, different characters
No village people with parasites

Last edited:

Jesb

CV the 2nd nest game in the series IMO. Please. RE4 would be nice too. They should leave the rest.

Aion002

Meh... I think it's time for a RE8 and a Revelations 3.

Remakes and Remasters are cool when the series is kinda forgotten and after REVII and Remake 2 this is definitely not the case. The remake of 3 already pushed too far on the milking... It's time to bring something new.

Last edited:

RSB

Banned
I would love another actual REmake, unfortunately, Capcom has made it abundantly clear they don't want to make more RE games in the classic style.

I guess Code Veronica could benefit a lot from a complete reimagining, but after the (disappointing) reimaginings of RE2 and 3, I don't exactly feel like I need another one. Though I would definitely play it.

What I would really love is a re-release of the classic trilogy on current consoles and Steam. Preferably with some improvements, like quick turn on all three games and (the option to play with) AI enhanced backgrounds.

STARSBarry

Gold Member
look I'm a huge resident evil fan, but if you want to avoid giving us all the Barry Burton experience every fan deserves and just remake stuff, Megaman Legends 1 & 2 are a thing still, also Lost Planet 2 needs a remake so a whole generation of gamers can experience the greatest coop adventure ever created.... and then abandoned in favour of the worst sequel known to man.

Last edited:

Bartski

Gold Member
would love to see a PS5 Zero or CV, rewritten for less horrible characterization and decent voice acting

I loved Re2make and I’m currently having a blast with Re3. I finished the original code Veronica but would welcome that and wouldn’t mind zero either.

-Troid-

Banned
I think they should chill. They've remade the old trilogy already and really the only super-dated looking one left is Code Veronica. Personally I'm not a fan of CV and I think it's a bit too silly to fit in to the current remake style/tone. I don't think I'd bother with it even if they did remake it.

The only way an RE4 remake would work is if it only redid the graphics. They'd still have to retain the stop and shoot aiming for it to work. The melee system would be way less useful if you could create space even while aiming and I think it would hurt the flow of the game.

But really from the Gamecube onwards the RE games still hold up graphically so I really don't see the need for any remakes.

Last edited:

Doom85

Code Veronica. Then remake 0 but have the partner system more akin to the partner system of Revelations 2, rework the story (especially the villain, the hell is Final Fantasy doing in RE?!), make the enemies better (maybe not so many animals, some were just ridiculous-looking) and definitely lose the shitty dropping items garbage that made 0 easily have the highest amount of backtracking in any RE game for such a dumb reason, just have item boxes or give the characters more reasonable inventory spaces (the "oh, but you get more slots than 1!" is such nonsense as you still have weapons on both characters plus some weapons take two slots).

Leave 4 and 5 alone (and sure, 6 could use a LOT of improvement but it's way too modern), there's not much a remake could do with them IMHO. These remakes work better with PS1/64 era games or earlier, MAYBE early PS2/GC era games. RE 4 came out at the end of the Gamecube's life. The graphics hold up great.

Last edited:

Gavin Stevens

Formerly 'o'dium'
Could they remake RE3 so it’s more like the original...?

But otherwise, I would rather they did RE:CV over RE4 to be fair!

kunonabi

I said nope due to how RE3 turned out. Admittedly, a remake of CV cant be worse than the original but I just really dont feel like supporting these efforts anymore.

brian0057

Banned
You can do that yourself. Just hit the power button after that point.
I do. But that doesn't mean the latter half of the game is bereft of good ideas.
The regenerators and Iron Maidens are some truly horrifying foes and the lab would work just as well if it were moved to the castle instead of that goddamned island.
Imagine an REmake 4 where the village was at least twice as long, the castle half as long with the previously mentioned added to it, no island whatsoever, and with the gameplay of REmake 2.

Resident Evil 4 is not perfect and people need to stop pretending it is. Its focus on action over horror was one of the main reasons why the horror genre went to shit in the 2000's. Dead Space is a better RE4 than RE4 because at least maintains the horror atmosphere throughout the whole game instead of turning into Gears of War... (the series would do that in later entries but I digress).

Last edited:

ExpandKong

Banned
RE4 is The Perfect Game and never needs to be remade.

Code Veronica could certainly use a remake but I honestly thought the crazy story was pretty charming. Lots of enemy variety too. Worry that some of that would be lost in a remake, especially looking at RE2 and 3 remakes.

This might be a crazy thought but hear me out...what if we just make new games for a while?

Kacho

I’d rather they just focus on new games.

No interest in CV, like at all.

RE4 still holds up. I wouldn’t want a modernized version of that.

dan76

Hell yes. REmake 1, CV and 4 all in the same style as RE2 and RE3make. Day one! Oh, and Dinocrisis whilst you're at it.

Top Bottom