• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom Teases An Arcade Collection With Some Rare Gems

Bullet Club

Update

Games lineup:

1944 The Loop Master
Alien vs Predator
Armed Warriors
Capcom Sports Club
Captain Commando
Cyberbots Full Metal MAdness
Darkstalkers The Night Warriors
Eco Fighters
Final Fight
Ghouls 'n Ghosts
Gigawing
Megaman The Power Battle
Progear
Street Fighter 2 Hyper Fighting
Strider
Super Puzzle Fighter 2 Turbo

http://www.capcomhomearcade.com/home
capcom_box.png

capcom_how_it_works.png

Launches 25th Oct

Capcom Teases An Arcade Collection With Some Rare Gems

Could it be Switch-bound?

95BJ2MP.jpg

Not so long ago, Capcom surprised everyone with its Beat 'Em Up Bundle, a selection of famous scrolling fighting titles which included Final Fight and Knights of the Round. Now, it would appear that the company is following this collection up with a second compilation, this time focused on a broader range of titles.

Capcom has released a trailer which shows a series of arcade titles reflected in the controls of a coin-op cabinet. From the footage, we can make out Darkstalkers, a one-on-one fighter in the same style as Street Fighter II (which is also included in this trailer). There's also Aliens vs. Predator and Progear, two titles that have never seen the light of day outside of arcades, and Giga Wing, a shooter which was also ported to the Dreamcast.

Capcom's teasing an announcement tomorrow at 3PM, UK time.

Is this a new collection of games, or is Capcom planning on releasing these titles individually? Will they be coming to Switch? Let us know your thoughts with a comment.

Source: Nintendo Life

Last edited:
Although that version of street fighter may not be on CPS2, it looks like this is a CPS2 collection. CPS2 was used in arcades for a large amount of the golden 90s.

For those unfamiliar, the list of arcade system boards can be found here:

stranno

Any chance this might have Power Stone on it? I'm pretty sure that started in the arcade before it went to Dreamcast.
Yep, they were the classic Naomi to Dreamcast ports.

They are also available in Playstation Portable.

Crew 511A

I never thought we'd see a port of Aliens vs Predator. Just do a release of the Xmen/Marvel games from the Saturn and Dreamcast era, and I'd be a happy man.

Not sure why they're throwing Street Fighter 2 on here again though.

Edit: Because it's on a new plug and play system. Ugh. Hype level just plummeted.

Last edited:

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
If it’s a plug and play system, it might be nice with some hacks if the joysticks are decent.
Joysticks and buttons would be the easiest to replace.

I'm more interested in seeing how sturdy the case is and how spacious the interior is (for said modding). Could be a cool piece of kit.

McCheese

Its a joystick that plugs into the TV and comes with a bunch of CPS1/CPS2 games, it won't have C&D but will have Alien vs Predator, Captain Commando, Darkstalkers, Xmen, a few version of Street Fighter and of course, everyone's favourite, Quiz Nanairo Dreams.

Okay, maybe not Nanairo.

Last edited:

ISubZBR

Oh boy. I love giga wing.
I'm no good in shmups, but I love this games. The shield mecânica is really fun and make bullet hell sections playable.

Neve played Gw2 and 3

alienator

So let me get this straight, this rumor is about a 200$ plug'n'play arcadestick with games that are more niche and totally not appealing for today's crowd (but oldskool lovers will eat it up, like me :) ) , instead of a 19,99$ downloadable collection on ps4/xbx/switch ?

if so, pass. i have about a dozen fighsticks already in the house.. and not to mention the number of machines (consoles) already playing the full cps/1/2/3 collection with them.

That would be pretty dope if it was a plug and play like the NES/SNES classics. If it was well made and the joysticks and buttons felt premium I would pick it up in a heart beat.

Top Bottom