• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom teasing Dragon's Dogma? [Update: Teaser Pictures/Screenshots]

Status
Not open for further replies.

duckroll

http://www.capcom.co.jp/DD/

DD? Check.
Shadow of a dragon? Check
"Dragon's Dogma" trademark registered by Capcom? Check

This is it folks. It has to be BREATH OF FIRE VI!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I might ban myself if it's not. :(

SmithnCo said:
So this is pretty much the "dragon":

fjihI.jpg

Not much in the swf file besides that.

BoFVI.. would complete this gen. Hooly shit I am going to try and not get too excited before the inevitable disappointment.

TreIII

Breath of Fire? It would certainly be nice...but can current-era Capcom even deliver on such a game, even if they actually wanted to do it?

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Well it's about time if it is. Although I remember finding BoF III incredibly slow and boring, looking at screenshots of it now I adore the style. Maybe I was too stupid to "get" it.

TreIII said:
Breath of Fire? It would certainly be nice...but can current-era Capcom even deliver on such a game, even if they actually wanted to do it?
They would out-source it to whoever developed Hellgate: London or something.

Syril

Alextended said:
Well it's about time if it is. Although I remember finding BoF III incredibly slow and boring, looking at screenshots of it now I adore the style. Maybe I was too stupid to "get" it.

No, that's because the battles were filled with animations that took forever to play out.

ezekial45

Banned
It is certainly possible that it could be BoF. Inafune is out of the picture now, and from what i understand he was very adamant about not having another game.

Traumnovelle said:
It better be like Dragon Quarter.

Hmm.. I liked DQ, but I don't know if I would want another game like it. The worst aspect about that game was the world. Oh god it was utterly repetitive and generic. Other than the area with the giant dragon, I can't think of a single place in the game that I admired.

Yuterald

omg...if this ends up being revealed as a new BoF game...I'm telling you, the shit that I would take the moment I hear of this will propel me into space.

This better not be a turd of an announcement. I'll keep my expectations low, although I can't stop my avatar buddy, Fou-Lu, from commencing a Raging Emperor's Banquet if Capcom doesn't announce this as a new BoF game.

probably never going to happen =(

Tucah

you speak so well
I have accepted I will never get a new Breath of Fire, I refuse to get my hopes up.

I can't.

Eccocid

iif it is a new BoF game i want it to be like Dragon Quarter with survival elements!
I hate old BoF games.They are so sloooooooooooooooooow

A new BoF would certainly fit those statements Capcom made not too long ago about revisiting some of their older IPs. But as someone said above, you really have to wonder if present day Capcom could do a new BoF game and not screw it up.

AzureJericho said:
God, just what were they thinking with that new Dante design? Even totally out of context like this it's just... Whyyyyy
Err...he's beat up in the promo pic, right?

Maybe he cleans up nicely?

:(

Dragons? Capcom? I don't know about anything mentioned in this thread, but seems like it could be of interest to me. I'll keep my eyes on this.

I find it funny how Dragon Quarter Ryu appears frailer compared to the others. If you played the game you'd know that is quite the contrary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom