• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom thinking out Switch support, talks about Capcom's future and IP revivals

dezzy8

Switch support will be determined based on how much an overpriced 20 year old game sells. Way to go capcom.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Maybe if they priced it reasonably, it could do well. Don't see that happening now. Should've been 15/20 tops.

HAHAAHAHAAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Seriously ?

I mean, there really are higher ups who thought "Guys, let's release a 3 times more expensive port of a 2008 remake of a 1992 game."

Eolz

Lol yeah sure.
Sounds just like Ono and his shitty methods to sell games, like Darkstalkers HD in the past.

Edit: I don't believe anyone at Capcom believes that.

@MUWANdo

Banned
They said this with the Wii too and nothing good really came of it despite many of their ports/low budget releases selling pretty well early on.

Nah, Capcom put genuine effort into Wii, even if it was misplaced at times (Chop 'til You Drop, wtf).

JlNX

Capcom logic!!
a13855527f18330fdb9a116b3dfae830.gif

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
It's an excessive hot take thread to make considering the statement was quite mild compared to stuff we've seen in the Wii era when games were literally called "test". I don't see anything good coming out of this.

Maligna

Banned
classic "Capcom"

flashes of Resident Evil Chronicles. If it does sell well they'll probaly rehash 2D Fighters on the system.

Classic Capcom for me was when they were one of the few prolific third party publishers for the Dreamcast.

Jawmuncher

This is the more important bit
-Capcom wants to resurrect old I.P, but doing so makes many problems crop up
Already going back on their word.

The switch thing is a non-issue. They're saying that to get more people to buy SF2. They already have at least another port of some kind for the switch in the oven. If capcom shows absolutely nothing for Switch at E3, then I'd worry

This is the more important bit
-Capcom wants to resurrect old I.P, but doing so makes many problems crop up
Already going back on their word.

The switch thing is a non-issue. They're saying that to get more people to buy SF2. They already have at least another port of some kind for the switch in the oven. If capcom shows absolutely nothing for Switch at E3, then I'd worry

When has this been talked about?

opricnik

Banned
"Notes the strict laws in Japan that make giving large pools of prize money at e-sporting events not possible
"

really

Tratorn

Great example of taking something out of context just to make a - sorry - dumb thread out of it. They don't mean that they won't support the Switch if the game doesn't do well.

The thing they want to analyze with SF II is, if this kind of experience is suited for the Switch audience.
Still not really a great way but a completely other thing then what people here make out of it.

RRockman

Banned
It's Their loss.

Even konami crapped out an actual new game that got even better with support post launch. But I guess theyes are fine enjoying unreasonable re releases and lofty expectations. Even porting USF4 Made more sense than SF2 but look at where we are now.

Simply dissapointing.

ksamedi

It seems to me hes saying that they will look at sf2 and decide on if they want to support the platform with more fighters and brawlers or otherwise consider a different strategy. Hes not saying they wont support Switch if sf2 fails. On the contrary, he says that he looks at his daughter as inspiraion and his daughter wants a Switch.

EDarkness

Lol, he can't be serious right?

Reminds me of their stupid "tests" during the Wii days. There's no way gamers can win this. They'd do better just saying they're not going to support the platform. Especially with a game like Street Fighter II as the test game. These guys are definitely on drugs.

Great example of taking something out of context just to make a - sorry - dumb thread out of it. They don't mean that they won't support the Switch if the game doesn't do well.

The thing they want to analyze with SF II is, if this kind of experience is suited for the Switch audience.
Still not really a great way but a completely other thing then what people here make out of it.

There have to be a variety of games available for them to determine that. If Street Fighter II sells great, what does that say exactly? NS owners are happy purchasing old arcade fighters at a high price? Just go back to the Wii days and look at the lessons learned there. They released Resident Evil 4 and it did great, but what did they end up making? Rail shooters and more rail shooters. Of course, they did do stuff like Zack and Wiki and Tatsunoko vs. Capcom, but people wanted more than rail shooters and the lesson they got from the success of their rail shooters was to provide more rail shooters.

Top Bottom