• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom to announce MH4 new details at Capcom Summer Jam: 30th June - 1st July

Alrus

So this year's MH game is likely to be MH4 uh...interesting.
Would like to see how Soul Sacrifice goes against MH4 then.

You mean in terms of sales? There will be no contest.

Frontier on the 360? I don't have a Japanese console. Portable 3rd HD on PS3? I was hoping for it to come to the US, but may import it one day.

It's never coming, Sony blocked Capcom from releasing it for some stupid reasons...

Hiltz

If Capcom is going to focus more on climbing and maneuvering around cliffs and stuff, then I hope the climbing speed turns out to be as fast as it looks in the MH4 trailer.

Tizoc

Pretty sure all the games we were expecting to be announced at Captivate will be announced at the Summer Jam.
...Jam...heh...

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
Meanwhile, at Capcom US ...

Sleeping-On-The-Job.jpg

At this point I'm not sure if I'd be happy about 3G localization anymore. If it would take them that long to bring over some port, how longs the wait for MH4 gonna be...

mclem

Oh boy, another game that will never leave Japan!

god dammit capcom

It's been speculated that one of the bargaining chips Nintendo used to *get* the MH series on their hardware was a promise to push it in hard in the west; I believe MHTri was the biggest-selling console entry in the west, wasn't it? Or am I misremembering?

To that end, I wouldn't necessarily write off all hope of a release outside Japan.

If Capcom intends to release MH4 in Japan by the end of the year, then the time is ripe to show up something more substantial than just a teaser, otherwise they shouldn't be too much in a hurry, since 3G is still selling well and they could still milk it a bit more with a budget edition in a few months.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
This will probably make me finally buy a 3DS when it gets here in 2020 while Capcom Japan shows off MonHun XG for the 4DS.

Can't wait to see how it's evolved since that early tech demo. Though it's only been less than a year.

Lol @ the port begging (I don't think that if it does get announced for other platforms it validates the attitude, no).

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
It's been speculated that one of the bargaining chips Nintendo used to *get* the MH series on their hardware was a promise to push it in hard in the west; I believe MHTri was the biggest-selling console entry in the west, wasn't it? Or am I misremembering?

To that end, I wouldn't necessarily write off all hope of a release outside Japan.

I'd still assume that to be the case.

We'll find out E3.

MightyKAC

When it comes to Monster Hunter I think we're beyond port begging and have taken to localization begging instead.

Takao

Banned
Spite Sony? After they just gave Capcom a money hat for SFxTK that probably helped push it into the black?

Right.

Yeah, because 4 exclusive characters in a fighting game no one cares about makes up for the PS3, and Vita being the only platforms without an exclusive game from Capcom.

Top Bottom