• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom to announce new Resident Evil title ‘Project Resistance’ for PS4, Xbox One, and PC on September 9

I want this to be Resident Evil Outbreak but I don't expect that. My biggest hope is it takes as much possible from Outbreak because outbreak conceptually is the great concept on how to do RE with MP.

Aggelos

Save any possible tears (of joy) for when an official announcement comes along. So far we've been treated with rumours about this, that and what not.

Somebody claimed the following on 4chan the other day. Now the post's been deleted

Some Capcom leaks from a close source for you guys:

>Dead Rising 1, 2 and Off the Record are being ported to Switch, digital only as far as I know.

>Mega Man X9 in development, gonna be revealed by the end of this year and will be released early 2020 for every platform, mobile game will hint at the new game

>Devil May Cry 3 is coming to Switch too, no idea about 2

>Viewtiful Joe 1&2 getting remastered versions, 3 in development

>Devil May Cry V will get a new expansion, Gamescom announcement

>Resident Evil 3 Remake is considered to be teased at TGS or The Games Awards, summer 2020, revamped Mercenaries modes, bigger Racoons City and Carlos Oliveira background expanded.

>Monster Hunter S is the title for the new Monster Hunter exclusive title for Switch, they want to create an hybrid portable and home console experience with this game.

>More Onimusha games are being remastered and ported

>Resident Evil 8 and Dino Crisis remake are being in development for next gen, one is aimed to be a launch title for the consoles

>New Marvel vs Capcom is in development for current gen and next gen.

>Finally: Street Fighter V Arcade Edition is being ported to Switch and Xbox One, and 3 characters are getting revealed.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: Isa
Not bad! Seems pretty intriguing, the only thing that's a bit off to me is the protagonists, they seem out of place in RE...but I'll reserve further judgement until I see actual gameplay

Reactions: Isa

Gavin Stevens

Formerly 'o'dium'
Damn, RE3 and Dink Crisis? Sign me up

As for this... are they that blind to people wanting an online game like Outbreak? Seriously? Come owwwwnnnn...

Last edited:

Kronos9x

Looks bad.

This is why it pissed me off when people critiziced Operation Raccoon City. They put a lot of effort into it. Capcom is no Ubisoft. If something doesn't work, they simply put even less budget into it next time.

This is basically Umbrella Corps with an asymetric spin.

And also, all those clowns making youtube videos about MRX and turning RE2 into a nothing more than a joke, a meme, have a lot to do with this.

Last edited:

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
So is this going to be like RE Outbreak or yet another take on Friday the 13th gameplay / formula? If the latter.... I'm not interested.

GrayChild

Gold Member
And also, all those clowns making youtube videos about MRX and turning RE2 into a nothing more than a joke, a meme, have a lot to do with this.

I hope X gonna give it to them...

Meanwhile, I'll be patiently waiting for RE3make and RE8. No matter how unlikely, I also secretly hope this won't be the only RE game this TGS, Switch ports aside.

Geki-D

Banned
As for this... are they that blind to people wanting an online game like Outbreak? Seriously? Come owwwwnnnn...
I think people reasoning is:
-Capcom are listening to fans and remaking RE2
-RE2 Remake is actually good
-Capcom are no longer trash
-Capcom announce an MP RE game
-Capcom are no longer trash so this must be a new Outbreak
-But actually Capcom release the teaser confirming they are indeed still trash

Well they were real effing foolish then.
They were. I knew this wasn't going to be a game like Outbreak, the moment those pics of the characters leaked. From what I gather of the teaser, one player controls the monsters (spawns them has direct control) whilst the others survive. Like the director in L4D. This is pretty much RE L4D, as I expected.

Nickolaidas

Banned
So basically, it's an online game which takes assets from RE2make to the point where it looks like a MP mode which was cut from the game at the last minute and is now going to be sold as a standalone game.

If it has a story mode with AI controlled bots, I'm giving it a try. If it's online-only with human allies, I'll pass. I will never again buy a online-only game.

Isa

Gold Member
LoL at that guy wasting shotty cartridges before any action. Gotta scare away 'dem zambies with the 'ol pump-action reloading sounds. Not too keen on the style or what seems to be the game direction. I'd at least hope that other outfits and characters would be released. If it even lasts that long.

scalman

ohh wow just saw it now , so its worse case scenario i see , dumb 4 player coop shooter , you clean ones door then you go to next one and in end you meet Mr X the boss . cmon . how can it be exciting ?
but maybe it was made quick and cheap as spin off , not real RE game. so its ok. someone will play it, same as someone playing world war Z.

Last edited:

KàIRóS

That Trailer didn't say anything to me, I'll wait for the gameplay reveal at TGS, if it's the same concept as the Outbreak games of characters with different abilities trying to escape raccoon city I'm in.

dan76

It looks like cut dlc from REmake2. I dunno, it might be ok, depends on how many other creatures and environments there are, I mean, this can't be the whole game can it?

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I'm hopeful. That would be an awesome trailer if this was for a Disney land ride or some VR experience. Why do they have to break the mold?

1st move by Capcom: Releases a handful of amazing games.
2nd move by Capcom: What's next? Experimental game that might cripple our franchise.

Last edited:
Top Bottom