• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom to unveil new game, 'Project Palm' (Reveal Coming August 2nd) [Up: Unveiled!]

I-hate-u

Shit!
"Palm" has nothing to do with DMC and I can't find any possible way to relate it to it

Oh wait...

BoJ6nG.gif

VERGIL USED HIS "PALM" TO FLIP HIS HAIR!!!!
DMC5 CONFIRMED!

NH0zEjj.gif

Izcarielo

Banned
What is Capcom doing appart from RE7? Are they doing that bad financially to only have been able to release one half assed game (SFV)??

What is it with Japanese publishers and hype-train teasers for FuckingNothing.gif all the time?

Like, in the west? You get a teaser, you know Shit Just Got Real.

SCB3

What is Capcom doing appart from RE7? Are they doing that bad financially to only have been able to release one half assed game (SFV)??

Not doing great, hence why Sony paid for a lot of SFV and Microsoft for Dead Rising 4

Right now they have out soon:

RE7
SFV DLC
Dead Rising 4
Dead Rising 1, 2, off the record remastered

Sesha

People want games from a Capcom that no longer exists.

That's not really it. I mean, I'm actually somewhat optimistic about Capcom's future output. Dead Rising 4, RE7, RE2 Remake are coming. DMC5 will probably be announced within a year. But this was less than nothing. We've already had two major announcements just recently, which had rumors and info from Capcom's financial reports suggesting them. There was no reason to get excited about this.

Released since 2014:

Strider
RE HD
Sengoku Basara 4
Dragon's Dogma Online
Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
DmC DE
DMC4 SE
Sengoku Basara 4 Sumeragi
RE Revelations 2
Monster Hunter Generations/Cross
Dragon's Dogma PC Remaster
RE 0 HD
Street Fighter V
Ace Attorney 6
Umbrella Corps
RE456 PS4/X1 remasters

Upcoming:

SFV DLC
MH Stories
Dead Rising 4
Resident Evil 7
Resident Evil 2 Remake
Dead Rising 1, 2 & Off the Record PS4/X1/PC remasters

MIA:

Deep Down

The rumors about Capcom's financials are insubstantiated. They're doing way better financially now than 2-3 years ago, and their stock is the highest it's been since 2008. The problem is they don't want to take big risks after so many major titles have underperformed.

Was hoping it would be something I was interested in, assumed it was a mobil game, yet am still disappointed. Oh, well. Maybe next time.

orochi91

LMAO

I had a feeling it was mobile, hence the palm teaser.
What is it with Japanese publishers and hype-train teasers for FuckingNothing.gif all the time?

Like, in the west? You get a teaser, you know Shit Just Got Real.
It may seem like nothing to us, but for a country that loves mobile gaming as much as Japan does, this teaser/reveal was probably pretty hype-worthy for them.

Izcarielo

Banned
That's not really it. I mean, I'm actually somewhat optimistic about Capcom's future output. Dead Rising 4, RE7, RE2 Remake are coming. DMC5 will probably be announced within a year. But this was less than nothing. We've already had two major announcements just recently, which had rumors and info from Capcom's financial reports suggesting them. There was no reason to get excited about this.

Released since 2014:

Strider
RE HD
Sengoku Basara 4
Dragon's Dogma Online
Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
DmC DE
DMC4 SE
Sengoku Basara 4 Sumeragi
RE Revelations 2
Monster Hunter Generations/Cross
Dragon's Dogma PC Remaster
RE 0 HD
Street Fighter V
Ace Attorney 6
Umbrella Corps
RE456 PS4/X1 remasters

Upcoming:

SFV DLC
MH Stories
Dead Rising 4
Resident Evil 7
Resident Evil 2 Remake
Dead Rising 1, 2 & Off the Record PS4/X1/PC remasters

MIA:

Deep Down

The rumors about Capcom's financials are insubstantiated. They're doing way better financially now than 2-3 years ago, and their stock is the highest it's been since 2008. The problem is they don't want to take big risks after so many major titles have underperformed.

Allright, so they just dont want to take risks like Konami I guess.
Thanks for the info.

Sesha

Allright, so they just dont want to take risks like Konami I guess.
Thanks for the info.

More or less. Although unlike Konami they do still take some risks and at least seem like they care. They're also generally being good at responding to fan feedback and adressing problems when they arrive. Like RE2 Remake being greenlit after RE HD did so well; Ghost Trick on iOS was updated after no longer being compatible with newer versions; Mega Man Legacy Collection was patched when some versions were really bad; Ace Attorney had its Western release announced the same day as the initial announcement so fans didn't need to ask for it in uncertainty. And so on. It's not perfect, though. The SFV situation is still far from ideal, DMC4SE needs a patch especially on PC to add options for the added graphical effects, and DmC Definitive Edition didn't get a PC port.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Capcom just aren't gonna be around at all in 5 years time are they :(

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Dating sim with pretty boy Criminal Leon.

I can dig it. Too bad like Ace Attorney Capcom won't bring it west-side.

A Japanese company opens a teaser site for project palm and people think it's for something OTHER than a Mobile game? You all deserve your fate.

Top Bottom