• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom-Unity's Devil May Cry 4 SE Official Style Tournament - Final Round is a go!

Sesha

I was surprised there wasn't a thread for this. I'm a bit ashamed that I didn't know and that I hadn't already made one, considering I made one for the DmC DE Style Tournament.

Celebrating the release of Devil May Cry 4 Special Edition, Capcom and Capcom-Unity staff have organized an official Style Tournament, like they did with DmC Definitive Edition. Winners of each round will receive a JP copy of DMC4 SE, and the Grand Prize is the limited edition of DMC4 SE signed by the development team.

For those who are unfamiliar with what a Style Tournament is, Style Tournaments are typically fan-organized contests where contestants send in videos depicting stylish play, in an effort to see who can make the most stylish and creative displays of skill, often in the form of elaborate combos. Combo videos and Style Tournaments really took off with the advent of YouTube. Style Tournaments started with DMC3 and has mostly been focused around DMC3 and 4, but the concept has expanded to include other franchises such as Bayonetta, Ninja Gaiden, Vanquish, The Wonderful 101, God Hand, etc. With the share function of current gen consoles, making style and combo videos is now easier then ever.

For DMC4SE, Capcom-Unity laid out the Style Tournament as six rounds, the first five being for each of the five playable characters. In order: Nero, Dante, Trish, Lady, Vergil. The final round is a free-for-all round without rules, any character, location and difficulty are viable, and is essentially a combo video.

Here are the entries and winners for the previous rounds:

Here are the finalists. The final entries are all very strong. Among the finalists are GAF's very own GuardianE, BumbleebeeCody (as mariotaz) and Seyavesh (as hiimtab).

Voting closes tomorrow at noon (PT), so please vote for your favorite before then. Link to the voting poll is here. You have to be logged in to Capcom-Unity to vote. Get motivated!

Wow, GuardianE is in there as well? Cool!

I hope you win GE :)

Edit: I didn't realize BumbleebeeCody and Seyavesh were in it too! Good luck to both of you as well.

Walpurgis

Banned
Did this game even come out in Canada? I can't find it on Amazon, Best Buy or EB Games. I have never seen this with a game before. Meanwhile, DMC is everywhere. . .

Sera O

Banned
Did this game even come out in Canada? I can't find it on Amazon, Best Buy or EB Games. I have never seen this with a game before. Meanwhile, DMC is everywhere. . .

Yeah you can get the physical game as an import only. Videogamesplus.ca has the Asia version available for order. It should have English menus and English voice/subtitle options.

Walpurgis

Banned
The physical release is Japan & Asia only. Digital only elsewhere.
Oh. I must have missed that unintuitive piece of news. It's better than nothing, I suppose.
Yeah you can get the physical game as an import only. Videogamesplus.ca has the Asia version available for order. It should have English menus and English voice/subtitle options.
Thanks but I'll probably get it digital.

Sesha

Alright, the results of the final round are in. The winner is hiimtab, aka NeoGAF poster Seyavesh, and his crazy Trish with a whopping 43% of the votes!

3e741896b30822f78bcfc7092f7182fb.png

Massive congratulations to him, and also congratulations to BumblebeeCody/Mariotaz and GuardianE for winning the Vergil and Lady rounds respectively and for making the final round. With this, the Capcom-Unity Style Tournaments have come to a close. It's been a good couple of months for the DMC community and DMC-GAF. Hopefully we'll have another round of Style Tournaments when DMC5 launches.

Until next time. Be crazy to each other.

tumblr_mdhkqtTjaO1r6a22jo2_500.gif

Seyavesh

i'll be honest i was really hoping to get over 50% of the vote once i saw i was winning by a gross landslide for some reason i still don't get
it reached 50% at one point and then dropped rip

Top Bottom