• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom: USF2 proved to be a smash hit

I'm not trying to push anything. I wasn't trying to attack the switch.
I'm just saying I buy games I know I'm going to like and play. I don't just buy games because "oh it's the only game available this week or two". I never understood that type of mentality. I work off a budget and if I can get a game a month with one small title a month I'm happy.

To me the Switch provides that every month and Nintendo is doing as much as they can. Maybe these third party devs should start announcing more games for it.

zelas

When wii users "passed" the re4 and umbrella chronicles tests they got... Another umbrella chronocls.. So... I'm not quite optimistic.
Capcom literally used the same "smash hit" words when talking about MH3U shipping 500k units. We saw how much support that turned into. Combine that with their previous comments where they said they wanted to provide games that were "appropriate" for the Switch audience as opposed to just providing games that are announced/available for other platforms. That was almost 9 months ago, I still haven't seen the Switch platform being added to announced games.

Jawmuncher

I bought a copy. Because I am a fool.
Thankfully I split it with a friend and it was only $20. I don't mind them doing more of this. But I pray they put more work into them.

Skilletor

Theres not much to play on the Switch right now so I'm not surprised that the game sold well. But as long as it tempts Capcom to keep supporting the switch then I'm fine with that.

People seem to say this when tons of titles are selling really well.

At what point will this stop being an excuse?

The Hermit

Capcom literally used the same "smash hit" words when talking about MH3U shipping 500k units. We saw how much support that turned into. Combine that with their previous comments where they said they wanted to provide games that were "appropriate" for the Switch audience as opposed to just providing games that are announced/available for other platforms. That was almost 9 months ago, I still haven't seen the Switch platform being added to announced games.

This really put everything in perspective.

ggx2ac

People seem to say this when tons of titles are selling really well.

At what point will this stop being an excuse?

When people say it for when Dragon Quest XI sells well on PS4 in Japan this week because Japanese gamers were definitely starving for games with what barely releases over there.

USF2 sold very well = Capcom didn't deserved this... I spit on buyers... Switch owners are buying everything.
USF2 bombed = Lol, Nintendo users don't support third partys games. Nintendo is doomed... Capcom test failed. You deserved the MH inferior version...Trolol.. etc etc.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free

Didnt know the Switch would be competing against two more popular consoles and a vastly more popular handheld. Because thats the situation the WiiU was in and thats why most gamers/pubs didnt bother even if they had small success stories like Capcom.

This news doesnt mean that every Capcom game from now on will be a Switch exclusive....but it also surely isnt a proof that we can just apply 1:1 what happend on WiiU.
USF2 sold very well = Capcom didn't deserved this... I spit on buyers... Switch owners are buying everything.
USF2 bombed = Lol, Nintendo users don't support third partys games. Nintendo is doomed... Capcom test failed. You deserved the MH inferior version...Trolol.. etc etc.

It sucks..but yeah its pretty much this.

In a shyamalan twist, the "test" was to port the games to other consoles, not for the Switch to get more Capcom games, thank you everyone who made this possible.

Dre3001

Good to see that USF2 sold well. Now can Capcom please bring some new and original titles to the Switch.

What is Suda 51 up to these days? Or maybe a reboot of viewtiful joe, Dino crisis, lost planet, etc.

Capcom is sitting on a goldmine of dormant franchises and yet it seems all they want to release nowadays are ports of old games.

I'm genuinely shocked, I haven't witnessed much fanfare for USF2 on social media/forums/sites/podcasts at all. Good for Capcom, I wonder what's coming next.

A similar update to SF3 (USF3?) would be really cool, I'd probably pay $40 for that.

lmao facts

If this leads to the inevitable RE4 port happening sooner, I'm all for it. And frankly I admit I'm a bit ashamed to say I'd happily pay $60 for that...

SF2 was likely done in order to port MTFramework which is used for MHXX and it lacks basically any original assets so it's probably super cheap and has part of its development cost covered in MHXX's port
Not to defend Capcom, but like most of their current gen portfolio consists of ports, outsourcing, and exclusives. I'm sure they'd be more all over the Switch if they could, but they're REALLY hurting right now.
Which was all the more reason to go on Switch.
MHXX should've been a Switch launch title, they killed its sales potential by releasing so late.
Or at leas SF2 should've been at launch with how little there was to it.

LordRaptor

SF2 was likely done in order to port MTFramework which is used for MHXX and it lacks basically any original assets so it's probably super cheap and has part of its development cost covered in MHXX's port

Capcom already announced they're porting the RE7 engine over awhile back, so it seems somewhat likely they will release a game made using that engine at some point too.

Top Bottom