• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom's Deep Down (PS4) is an online game, TGS debut [Reading-RPG, online required]

This Teaser is hopefully just a super early version, the game needs to look like it did at the PS4 reveal or I will be disappointed.

This Teaser is hopefully just a super early version, the game needs to look like it did at the PS4 reveal or I will be disappointed.
The original teaser is probably a really good indication of what's possible to do with next gen hardware but this one is probably a lot closer to what's going to be feasible at or around launch.

No developers right now have the time or money to make an entire game that looks like the Deep Down PS meeting trailer. Maybe it would it make sense once both consoles have decent numbers of systems in the wild.

Paskil

So is this Capcom basically lusting after Inafune
feels like it's borrowing a bit from Soul Sacrifice
?

The game feels like a PS2 from software game or something. The downgrade is massive in that trailer.

We're in an era where Capcom has no money anymore. No money for BoF console, no money for SFV, no money for AAA games..

pretty much/

This isn't the same game, it has to be the F2P companion game or something.

you know they could redeem themselves from this downgrade if this online-paywalled title is like $20 or something (or f2p funded by microtransactions).

pretty much/

you know they could redeem themselves from this downgrade if this online-paywalled title is like $20 or something (or f2p funded by microtransactions).

You are quoting posts referencing the old terrible quality trailer. This thread is from September 1st. The new one that just released from the Sony conf is waaaaay better and looks great.

I'm not sure how I feel about the whole future New York thing. We get enough of Future/Past with AC. I really would have preferred it to be strictly fantasy set a long time ago. The game does look fantastic, though. I'm going to definitely give it a shot. I hope that, since we have to pay for online now, that every (at least most) game will have a demo.

Top Bottom