• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom's Deep Down (PS4) is an online game, TGS debut [Reading-RPG, online required]

duckroll

http://www.d-down.jp/pc/

At the Capcom Online Games conference today they confirmed that Deep Down is an online game, and will be featured at TGS 2013 this year.

More specific info:

Siliconera said:
Capcom is about to reveal more about deep down, a PlayStation 4 game first teased during Sony’s hardware reveal. deep down is being developed by Capcom Online Games and as expected is an online enabled RPG that supports a large number of players. The game’s genre is a “memory reading RPG” or “reading RPG” as see in katakana. The teaser site also mentions deep down requires an internet connection and is an online exclusive similar to Dragon’s Dogma Quest.
Source: http://www.siliconera.com/2013/08/0...bled-multiplayer-ps4-rpg/#PDkeQdqSA7mRX9td.99

Amir0x

Banned
by 'online', do they mean only online like a MMORPG, or 'online' like Dragon's Dogma, where you could go up and have little pawns from your friends help you and stuff?

by 'online', do they mean only online like a MMORPG, or 'online' like Dragon's Dogma, where you could go up and have little pawns from your friends help you and stuff?

Maybe a mix of Dragon's Dogma and Monster Hunter, but hopefully it's more like Monster Hunter.

BHK3

Banned

From the BoF6 thread, probably MMO. I see this whole event being social and stuff so itd be weird if it was just a online dragons dogma and the other announcements are all social/facebook stuff.

duckroll

It's being revealed as a Capcom Online Games title, so probably full online.

ymmv

Banned
Online game? I could live with a an online enabled single player experience like Dragon's Dogma or Dark Souls ... Hopefully it's not multi player only or a co-op game...

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
If this is a full fledged online game then here's another fuck you to Capcom :D

Capcoms on a roll. One-two punched my face twice in less than 10 minutes now!

So deep down is now the official name? There's no working title listed next to it anymore, and they've obviously registered a domain for it.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
if it will be some sort of MMORPG only online, I will kill myself. Can't handle this and Breath of fire 6 smartphone edition...

Hindle

Banned
I hope this is a return to form for Capcom. The premise looks to be awesome enough so it could well be.

koorigashi

Neo Member

I hope it's like PSO2 where there's a hub and it's instance based. I will play the hell out of an instance based dungeon crawling ARPG MMO.

PS4 is filling out with titles I want to play!

...Too bad that so few of them are for launch... maybe I'll just get that version of Watch_Dogs? But I wanna see how the Wii U version looks...

Bah.

IvorB

I'm really hyped for this but only because Dragon's Dogma was so awesome. I guess it being online explains why it's not just Dragon's Dogma 2. I wonder if it's just Dragon's Dogma but with other people instead of pawns. That would be awesome. Or maybe other people and their pawns. Basically it need to be be some form of Dragon's Dogma to maintain my hype. Having the epic battles with other players would be awesome.

YT link for the new trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifYG4Z01UN8

Some pretty cool looking monsters/creatures.

Also, COG. - Capcom Online Gamies. I can only assume this means it's an MMORPG.

RFbPlbW.png

Jb

It's reassuring to know it's enough of a real game that they'll have stuff to show at TGS.
And that there will be stuff to look forward to at TGS.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
In the trailer, there's the Capcom Online Games logo, too.

Amir0x

Banned
It's being revealed as a Capcom Online Games title, so probably full online.

From the BoF6 thread, probably MMO. I see this whole event being social and stuff so itd be weird if it was just a online dragons dogma and the other announcements are all social/facebook stuff.

Thanks guys. Very interesting game to me so far.

Um, I tried to capture some of the screens in that two second flash ->

Some creepy looking ish, especially the last one with the weird bug guy.

Striek

Can't wait to see what it looks like graphically. The trailer is too hard to really gauge (though I'd wager nothing like the PS Meeting footage). The trailer reminded me heavily of Legend of Grimrock.
http://youtu.be/ifYG4Z01UN8

Here's a trailer. Only PS4 logo, so... maybe it's an exclusive title?

I imagine it just hasn't been announced for Xbox yet. When was the last exclusive PS console game from Capcom? I can only think of MHP3 HD and thats only because it wouldn't sell on X360 in Japan.

Um, no. No, I don't want to see your painting.

Also, the graphics looked worse than the previous trailer from what I could tell.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Will the real Bitores, please stand up?

Iij0Clt.png

i4ONbJq.jpg

Top Bottom