• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom's Senior Product Manager parts ways with Capcom after 10 years

CO_Andy

Matt Dahlgren, Capcom's senior product manager, just announced he's leaving the company after a decade --

EventHabs said:
The majority of the current fighting game community probably knows Matt Dahlgren as the guy that hands out giant checks to the winners at Capcom Cup, but his run with the major video game company spanned nearly a decade.

That run has reached its conclusion as the Senior Product Manager at Capcom on the fighting game brands is now moving on to other things as he and Capcom are parting ways.

Dahlgren was in charge of marketing campaigns for Street Fighter 5, Street Fighter X Tekken, Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom 3, Resident Evil 5: Gold Edition and assisted in the marketing campaigns for Ultra Street Fighter II: The Final Challengers and Capcom's best selling game of all time: Resident Evil 5.
Linky
maxresdefault.jpg

The community outreach on the fighting side was amazing back then.

Tripon

Matt Dahlgren always seemed to give 100% of his effort running the Capcom Pro Tour.

He also apparently helped start Melee's and Smash in general competitive tournaments.

Deeke[VRZ];250979822 said:
RE5 was capcom's best selling game of all time? Lord help us.

Although theres been better Resident evil games. Playing it Co-op with my cousin all way was some of the best moments i've had in gaming.

kirblar

Gonna go out a limb and guess he wasn't in charge of the MvC:I marketing.

Good luck to him w/ his next job.

Anne

I actually did interviews and talked with him a couple of times during the later SF4 and pre-SFV hype cycle of stuff. He really sold the CPT and other things and was always super on point when talking to him. Sucks to see him move on from this, but I hope his skills go on to a better company honestly.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Is this a meme to upset Jawmuncher? I don't understand how 1 out of 3 mainline games being bad makes it a bad franchise.

if anything is a meme is Munch's obcession with a mediocre clone of another franchise, the bizarre part being, both franchises are from the same Publisher.

Dino Crisis is like those random ass shit clones of popular games we had all the time in the 90s, but its from Capcom so some people pretend it matters.

Its like if BIO Freaks was published...by...Midwa- wait >_>

Top Bottom