• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom's Svensson on AA Investigations 2 localization

They also asked him about the recent spelling errors.

So Capcom has had some spelling errors pop up recently. Of course everyone remembers the Resident Evil: Revelations typo. Then there was an error on the Asura’s Wrath promotional box. Capcom also misspelled the name of the company in the Steel Battalion trailer. What’s going on here? How does this keep happening?

For Resident Evil: Revelations, I can’t even tell you how many people looked at that package and approved it. Nintendo of America, Nintendo Japan, ESRB, I don’t know how many people internally, and our guys in Japan. I can’t come up with an excuse for it. It just happened. We’re not happy about it.

There are new processes that were put in place that involve people outside the company. We’ve redefined who has final say over packaging. I’m cautiously optimistic we won’t be seeing this happen again. It’s embarrassing. I can’t really sugarcoat it.

There are only about 90,000 units that have the misprint. If you’ve got it and it’s shrink-wrapped, that’s a new special edition, that’s our new strategy. [laughs]

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
The fan translation is apparently up to the third case with regards to the actual translation work.

Fans do what Capcowon't.

I'll wait for the fan translation, fuck you Capcom. :|

Oh boy, hope it might still be coming.

At least, they outright stated they wouldn't be bringing out Sengoku Basara 3: Utage so I can happily spend a lot of moneyimport it. :[

dont-believe-his-lies.jpg

Just release on Android, Iphone like the HD version of the trilogy and Ghost Trick.
And advertise it seriously, people wont buy a game that they dont know that exist.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
I generally think this guy is pretty sincere, I'm sure he's lobbying for the game to hit the eShop. I doubt it will happen, being Capcom and all, but it might be possible. The fact that the Layton crossover is coming might give them an extra incentive.

Nyoro SF

Where's the fan translation being completed at? I want to keep up with their progress so I don't feel like I am waiting for an eternity :(

Maybe people should just stop asking him.
I think we should ask him even more. Capcom always says they want people to tell them what they want. Well, I want AAI2 officially in English.

I really think if it wasn't going to happen, they would of said so by now. (It's been almost a year.) But instead he keeps saying to be patient. I think that's a positive sign.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
what the fuck
what's the point of that quote?

well...i won't say NEVER, but you can't predict the future.

might as well not have answered.

Welp, looks like they are not even trying it. And not a single question about Monster Hunter, so sad.

Also, "only about 90,000 units that have the misprint", so they shipped 90k day one? We had reports of a new shipment a few days after the release date. That's nice.

hGg3Fl.jpg

what the fuck
what's the point of that quote?

well...i won't say NEVER, but you can't predict the future.

might as well not have answered.

Sven usually will say no, straight up, if there is zero chance, like he did with Sengoku Basara 3 Utage.

I think they are trying to get this going. He's had so many opportunities to say that it's not coming, and he never has.

Anth0ny

When Operation Rainfall was in effect, Nintendo said never and then they lied.

Well, technically...

NOA said:
"Thank you for your enthusiasm," said the non-publisher. "We promised an update, so here it is. We never say 'never,' but we can confirm that there are no plans to bring these three games to the Americas at this time. Thanks so much for your passion, and for being such great fans!"

Xater

Sven usually will say no, straight up, if there is zero chance, like he did with Sengoku Basara 3.

I think they are trying to get this going. He's had so many opportunities to say that it's not coming, and he never has.

But Sengoku Basara came out...

Top Bottom