• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CAPCPOM [Update: We're in dinasaur cuntry now, Hagger. Prepare for assualt!]

This all makes me wonder whether Capcom is THAT slack when it comes to proofreading or whether we are just fishing for examples that happen to be from Capcom games. It really does seem to be the case that they have the most box-art fuck-ups, but in-game stuff probably isn't worse than the average publisher. Surely?
Have you ever seen another company spell its own name wrong? Or the actual title of one of its games right on the case art for said game?

Fraeon

Have you ever seen another company spell its own name wrong? Or the actual title of one of its games right on the case art for said game?

George Broussard of 3D Realms fame wrote his own name wrong... in his own game:

pharaohs-tomb_21.png

Liamario

Banned
These spelling mistakes can't be errors at this point. They are probably trying to weasel their way out of it, by making it look like it was all intentional.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Before we laugh... might it be the case that "Grand Open" is actually a Japanese saying?

(A shitload of Japanese is pseudo-English for those who don't know)

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Maybe they picked the wrong font size and decided that "n" wasn't important enough so they excised it. I personally would have preferred "coming, son", but this is Capcpom.

Just... oh my gosh... :lol

Rapstah

This has been going on for longer than we though, says The Cutting Room Floor:

This is an unused piece of graphics in the Commando arcade game from 1985.

commandoarccopyrightmajyt.png

COPCOM. In 1985, Capcom was influential enough to actually fix it, though.

Top Bottom