• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Captain America Eyes Return To The MCU As Chris Evans Nears Deal To Reprise Role In Future Marvel Project

ManaByte

Gold Member

In a move that is sure to rock the Marvel Cinematic Universe, sources tell Deadline that Chris Evans is cleaning the dust off his Captain America attire as he expected reprise the role in the MCU in some form. Still vague if deal as completely closed but insiders say its headed in that direction for Evans to return as Steve Rogers aka Captain America in at least one Marvel property with the door open for a second film. Sources add it’s unlikely to be a new Captain America installment and more likely to be like what Robert Downey Jr. did after Iron Man 3, appearing in films like Captain America: Civil War and Spider-Man: Homecoming.

Jethalal

Banned
Let's go. Captain America is probably the most improved upon character in the movies. His comics are kinda meh. I love Captain America. Glad he's back. Could they bring Hydra-Cap from Multiverse and lead that into Secret Invasion or Civil War 2. Really interested to see what they will do with him. The civil war comparison makes me think it's not going to be Old Man Cap.

ManaByte

Gold Member
DOWDPCAP001.jpg

dave_d

But one of the things I liked about EndGame was that defeating Thanos had weight because it was so costly. The Avengers lost Ironman, Cap, Black Widow, and Vision and arguably the old Hulk and Thor because Thanos was such a serious threat. I hope they don't try to undo that, it would cheapen it.

Amiga

Chris Evans is reportedly returning to the role of Captain America after he was largely thought to be finished with it after Avengers: Endgame. The actor is in talks with Marvel Studios to finish a deal which would see him suit up once again. It is unknown whether or not the deal between Evans and Marvel Studios has closed, yet. Evans is expected to return in at least one Marvel property with the deal leaving thee door open for him to appear in another movie later. The report points to Evans reprising the role in a supporting capacity, not a standalone Captain Ameroica movie, in the vein of how Robert Downey Jr. played Iron Man in Captain America: Civil War.

But one of the things I liked about EndGame was that defeating Thanos had weight because it was so costly. The Avengers lost Ironman, Cap, Black Widow, and Vision and arguably the old Hulk and Thor because Thanos was such a serious threat. I hope they don't try to undo that, it would cheapen it.
Precisely. I didn't think they had the cajones to level their entire OG cast. I thought it was fantastic.

buizel

Banned

They are 100% going to undo it and no one will care too much.

bitbydeath

Caps exit had nothing to do with Thanos though.

T8SC

Phase 4 might fail, quick moneyhat the old actors so we can continue to flog this boring, predictable, safe, bullshit franchise even more.

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion
Not surprising. Evans loves the role from what I hear and is friends with most of the cast off screen. Also the precedent is set for being able to revert someone's age= so he could be brought back without him being ancient.

I'm personally hoping we see some kind of series of his adventures in the past. Maybe he is disguised as a different hero or even a secret agent of some kind.

Not surprising. Evans loves the role from what I hear and is friends with most of the cast off screen. Also the precedent is set for being able to revert someone's age= so he could be brought back without him being ancient.

I'm personally hoping we see some kind of series of his adventures in the past. Maybe he is disguised as a different hero or even a secret agent of some kind.

If they do anything of that nature I hope it's simply him and Agent Carter going on adventures in the time when he was returning all the stones.

jason10mm

Gold Member
They will offer him to direct in return for some cap flashbacks or something. I just cant see evans as cap going forward.

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion
If they do anything of that nature I hope it's simply him and Agent Carter going on adventures in the time when he was returning all the stones.
That is exactly what I had in mind. It would be an easy win for them. Everyone would watch that.

Mana you have failed this forum. How dare you get our hopes up.

source.gif

Last edited:

xrnzaaas

Wait what? They're thinking about bringing back a straight white male character to the MCU? How dare they!

Last edited:

sol_bad

Rumor is, Deadpool will be the new cameo gag

It's a shame that absolutely no other Marvel writers have been in the public eye apart from Stan Lee. There are so many good writers that have bee through their offices. Chris Claremont for example could make cameos, sure Stan Lee helped create the X-Men but Claremont is the X-Men, or at least he was for 20 years.

Dacon

Banned
Let's go. Captain America is probably the most improved upon character in the movies. His comics are kinda meh. I love Captain America. Glad he's back. Could they bring Hydra-Cap from Multiverse and lead that into Secret Invasion or Civil War 2. Really interested to see what they will do with him. The civil war comparison makes me think it's not going to be Old Man Cap.

Yeah Cap's been lame in the comes for the 2010s, but he used to do some super fun crazy shit like cutting tanks in half with his shield and punching sabertooth tigers.

Old school Cap was a fucking beast.

Jethalal

Banned
Yeah Cap's been lame in the comes for the 2010s, but he used to do some super fun crazy shit like cutting tanks in half with his shield and punching sabertooth tigers.

Old school Cap was a fucking beast.
Yeah. In the recent comics I've read he acts like a derp and parody of himself. His old costume doesn't looks too good either, glad they changed it in the MCU for modern times.

sol_bad

60's Cap is pretty shit, that's for sure. Constantly day dreaming and crying over Bucky and Rick. Dude doesn't even have super strength or a Vibranium/Adamantium shield yet. I can't remember what metal his shield is in the comics.
The Ed Brubaker run seems to be the best run for Cap and I'm so damn happy the omnibu are getting reprinted next year.
I liked the Rick Remender run from 2013 when he went to Dimension Z, nice art by John Romita Jr too. Also getting an omnibus next year.
^___^

Top Bottom