• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Captain Marvel 2

Nymphae

Banned
I'll bet the do bring her back, why not? She seems like exactly the kind of writer they want for this kind of project, and she already wrote the successful first one.

ManaByte

Gold Member
I'll bet the do bring her back, why not? She seems like exactly the kind of writer they want for this kind of project, and she already wrote the successful first one.

Because she's not a screen writer? She just wrote the first 12 issues of the Captain Marvel run the movies are based on.

ManaByte

Gold Member
Someone also fixed IMDB, correctly putting that the characters are just based on her comic. She's not writing the movie. Neither is Stan Lee.
rS0NgR5.png

Hinedorf

Banned
I welcome any change to Captain Marvel as it's one of the worst, most unoriginal, uninspiring Marvel movies to date. My hope is Black Widow is everything the first female Marvel move should've been.

Someone also fixed IMDB, correctly putting that the characters are just based on her comic. She's not writing the movie. Neither is Stan Lee.
rS0NgR5.png
Stan Lee writing Captain Marvel 2 or any MCU movie from this point on would definitely have fooled me. I sure hope we get more cameos by him at least until 2050 because by then he might be too old to write or make appearances.

Hinedorf

Banned
Oh cripes. Maybe I don't want to see the first movie after all....

If you haven't seen it, it was the most disappointing Marvel movie I've ever seen. Its like trying to do a female-version of the Guardians of the Galaxy template of including classic music in this case since in the 90's you'll hear ever TLC/Salt 'n Peppa hit to cliche nausea.

I guessed the plot twist within the first 10 minutes of the movie mainly because of how lazy and poorly written this movie is.

I would say Larson's performance in Infinity/Endgame was significantly more appealing than her stand alone mess.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Yeah there's a chance for Captain Marvel 2, it's pretty much set up to be a franchise.

iorek21

Considering this writer and the fact that Scott just left Doc Strange 2, I get the feeling that the MCU will lose momentum and make bad/mediocre movies until the X-Men show up

kunonabi

Considering this writer and the fact that Scott just left Doc Strange 2, I get the feeling that the MCU will lose momentum and make bad/mediocre movies until the X-Men show up

In all honesty despite the big box office returns the last couple films(Ant-Man and the Wasp, Marvel, and Endgame) have been pretty weak already.

Gargus

Banned
Ugh. I dozed off 2 times watching captain marvel. It was so by the numbers I thought it was boring. It felt very much like the movie had a checklist to go through titled "how to make a generic and sterile, inoffensive super hero movie".

The pro female shit while not too overbearing, still felt tacked on and forced a bit. It didn't feel organic or part of the movie. It didn't annoy me too badly but it just felt so unnecessary.

If you haven't seen it, it was the most disappointing Marvel movie I've ever seen. Its like trying to do a female-version of the Guardians of the Galaxy template of including classic music in this case since in the 90's you'll hear ever TLC/Salt 'n Peppa hit to cliche nausea.

I guessed the plot twist within the first 10 minutes of the movie mainly because of how lazy and poorly written this movie is.

I would say Larson's performance in Infinity/Endgame was significantly more appealing than her stand alone mess.
I haven't seen it and I've barely seen any scenes beyond what the trailers show. So I'd be going through a blind playthrough. My only reason for wanting to see it is because I like space Marvel and aliens and the stupid cat.

Hinedorf

Banned
Ugh. I dozed off 2 times watching captain marvel. It was so by the numbers I thought it was boring. It felt very much like the movie had a checklist to go through titled "how to make a generic and sterile, inoffensive super hero movie".

The pro female shit while not too overbearing, still felt tacked on and forced a bit. It didn't feel organic or part of the movie. It didn't annoy me too badly but it just felt so unnecessary.

100% agree with you in that it felt like it was on a forced checklist of plot points. It wasn't even woke or overindulgent like the women uniting in Endgame, it was just boring and soulless.

Hinedorf

Banned
I haven't seen it and I've barely seen any scenes beyond what the trailers show. So I'd be going through a blind playthrough. My only reason for wanting to see it is because I like space Marvel and aliens and the stupid cat.

Actually, the cat is the one reason to see the movie, while I wouldn't recommend the movie if you're a Marvel fan it's worth at least one watch through

Saw the first movie on a plane not sure I’ve seen a superhero movie with less of an arc. She is powerful at the start and later realizes she is actually more powerful than she thought. Wow compelling.
You just hate women.... /s

That sounds terrible. Ugh.

As far as powerful Marvel women go, I loved Hela. One of my favorite MCU villains. That was justified and done right.

Captain Marvel just sounds so drab especially what everyone else is telling me.

Last edited:

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
As a very liberal person myself, I never understood the liberal "Islam activists" - such as the writer in the OP. I am not a bigot, I do not dislike people for whatever religion they found themselves born into (which is typically the case for most people), but Islam itself and Islamic societies are ultra conservative. They even treat women as if the world barely progressed past medieval times. I do not understand my fellow liberals who support it.

It's completely asinine to declare that you fight against the injustices women face, and then in the same breadth champion the one religion that is by far the most oppressive towards women.

Last edited:
As a very liberal person myself, I never understood the liberal "Islam activists" - such as the writer in the OP. I am not a bigot, I do not dislike people for whatever religion they found themselves born into (which is typically the case for most people), but Islam itself and Islamic societies are ultra conservative. They even treat women as if the world barely progressed past medieval times. I do not understand my fellow liberals who support it.

It's completely asinine to declare that you fight against the injustices women face, and then in the same breadth champion the one religion that is by far the most oppressive towards women.
It's because most followers are not white. And because they feel like white people/Americans/conservatives are oppressing them.

Don't ever try to comprehend far left beliefs. You'll just wrack your brain over the inconsistencies and outright hypocrisy.

Fwiw though obviously not all adherents are bad. Some legit good ones out there who are for lack of a better term 'true liberals' and hate the actual misogyny, abuse, etc of much of the Middle East.

iorek21

In all honesty despite the big box office returns the last couple films(Ant-Man and the Wasp, Marvel, and Endgame) have been pretty weak already.

Yeah, Endgame got all that praise because of nostalgia and for being the conclusion of a 10 year story arc, but it was serviceable at best. Infinity War was a WAY stronger movie.

sol_bad

Saw the first movie on a plane not sure I’ve seen a superhero movie with less of an arc. She is powerful at the start and later realizes she is actually more powerful than she thought. Wow compelling.

Good to see you missed the point of her character.

Also, thisthread and it's reactions. Doesn't surprise me in the slightest. The exact same but opposite of reeeera. Over reactions about a lie without any fact checking. You guys do realise it's easy to check these things on the internet yeah?

Ah, there's the gloater.

Don't worry sol_bad sol_bad , there's more than enough genuine examples of this toxic slippery-slope behaviour for you to deny existing (and there'll be more in the future too).
For someone who so readily dismisses every viewpoint and argument that doesn't fit their own 'nothing to see here' efforts, it really does show how lacking in integrity you must be to come into a thread like this and crow about things. Very convenient of you to overlook your legacy of dishonest engagement and come here to strut around.

I look forward to the day your ego and agenda will take a back-seat to your (presumed) interest in discussing topics with others - as opposed to you gloating and dismissing them.

Maybe next thread, eh?

This woman is going to ruin the MCU with her idiotic and irrational stances. Sadly, I probably will never see many more MCU movies if this is the track that they are going to glide along.

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
This woman is going to ruin the MCU with her idiotic and irrational stances. Sadly, I probably will never see many more MCU movies if this is the track that they are going to glide along.

She's only working on one movie. I think you're overreacting. You can merely not watch Captain Marvel 2.

Ironbunny

True or not I would have loved to see that movie. Even if the movie would have been shit the conversation and battle around it would have been fun to watch. :messenger_beaming:

sol_bad

I don’t get it. Captain Marvel was fine.

I would argue it is right in the middle of the Marvel films.

Nothing to bitch s
about. What are some of you on about.

I don't get it either. People hate Captain Marvel due to feminism and her being a "mary sue" but love Wonder Woman. But if you ask me, Wonder Woman is a more feminist film making Steve Trevor look silly and Diane doesn't struggle with anything either.

eh

I personally like both film. Captain Marvel slightly more but the trench scene in WW is one of the best scenes in comic book films full stop.

ManaByte

Gold Member
I don't get it either. People hate Captain Marvel due to feminism and her being a "mary sue" but love Wonder Woman. But if you ask me, Wonder Woman is a more feminist film making Steve Trevor look silly and Diane doesn't struggle with anything either.

eh

I personally like both film. Captain Marvel slightly more but the trench scene in WW is one of the best scenes in comic book films full stop.

Oh people hate WW. Just look at all of the idiots calling Gal Gadot a baby killer just because she was a personal trainer who never saw combat in the IDF.

Top Bottom