• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Captain Marvel 2

Please tell me this is fake. Was actually taking a liking to Larson after, well....

1077655229.png

....T H I S ;)

I don't get it either. People hate Captain Marvel due to feminism and her being a "mary sue" but love Wonder Woman. But if you ask me, Wonder Woman is a more feminist film making Steve Trevor look silly and Diane doesn't struggle with anything either.

eh

I personally like both film. Captain Marvel slightly more but the trench scene in WW is one of the best scenes in comic book films full stop.
For one, Gadot is not an emotionless b**** who goes up and starts complaining about "40 yeae old white men". Gadot actually likable.

Also she's a real life badass being an Israeli combat trainer.

Last edited:

oagboghi2

This whole thread is based on bullshit.

It's a fake article written by a no-name clickbait website called "Sausage Roll"

They only have 270 followers on Twitter:

They posted their fake clickbait and then edited IMDB to back it up. There's been no announcement of a Captan Marvel 2 writer as the movie isn't likely until 2023.
“Woo good news guys. The woman who has been writing the Captain Marvel comic book for years, and was a consultant on the first one, will have no impact on this movie.”

You’re pathetic need to immediately do damage control for a movie that isn’t out for years is funny 🙄😂

I don't get it either. People hate Captain Marvel due to feminism and her being a "mary sue" but love Wonder Woman. But if you ask me, Wonder Woman is a more feminist film making Steve Trevor look silly and Diane doesn't struggle with anything either.
sol_bad sol_bad cant see what everyone else does and he likes a Disney movie? What a shock

Last edited:
"Injustices that women working in geek culture suffer on a daily basis"

- The definitive female superhero flick

Ahahahahahahahahahaha-hahahahahahahaha-hahahahahahahaha!

I hope this turns out to be true.

Last edited:
S

slugbahr

Unconfirmed Member
I just thought it was kinda silly that in the middle of this enormous Final Boss Battle, every single female just happened to be on the same place at the perfect time
I know that not everyone had head protection, but if you did WHY THE FUCK would you take it off at that particular point in time during a massive battle to the death??
Also, if a group of heroes happened to congregate out in the open, wouldn't there be a few enemies around also, trying to beat the shit out of them?

Turnt

I look forward to the day your ego and agenda will take a back-seat to your (presumed) interest in discussing topics with others - as opposed to you gloating and dismissing them.

Maybe next thread, eh?

This just sounds like you are describing yourself. I’ve previously tried to engage you on your views to try and understand your perspective and you just deflected and resorted back to your catchphrase schtick.

This just sounds like you are describing yourself. I’ve previously tried to engage you on your views to try and understand your perspective and you just deflected and resorted back to your catchphrase schtick.
No, you projected your narrow view onto me and tried to bait me into your projection with deliberately leading questions.
I pointed this out to you and you lost interest when you couldn't manipulate the conversation to pigeonhole people the way you wanted to.

Turnt

No, you projected your narrow view onto me and tried to bait me into your projection with deliberately leading questions.
I pointed this out to you and you lost interest when you couldn't manipulate the conversation to pigeonhole people the way you wanted to.

Which of the questions were leading? Honestly I felt they were pretty straight forward and fair questions to ask to try and understand your view. Matt404au responded in a thoughtful way and we had a conversation that I feel shows I was acting in good faith and just trying to understand the perspective.

Which of the questions were leading? Honestly I felt they were pretty straight forward and fair questions to ask to try and understand your view. Matt404au responded in a thoughtful way and we had a conversation that I feel shows I was acting in good faith and just trying to understand the perspective.
You tried to misrepresent my position and narrow my focus, making your leading question amount to "Why do you hate transgender people?".
I clearly pointed this out and explained my position. You immediately lost interest.
Then sol_bad sol_bad jumped to try to weasel some gloating points by flip-flopping between accusations of me not saying enough ("You never explain your position") and me saying more than they cared for ("Word salad").

When bad actors insist they are innocent and virtuous, it's typically in response to having their less-than-innocent and less-than-virtuous antics exposed for what they are.
As it is, you leapt into this thread with little more than "No u" and are now performing the 'insistence' part of the performance.

I'm not responsible for other people acting in bad faith, assuming and misrepresenting the position of others or employing leading questions to manipulate them into engaging in disingenuous arguments. If you believe such behaviour is your idea of 'good faith' then we have very little to say to each other.

Turnt

You tried to misrepresent my position and narrow my focus, making your leading question amount to "Why do you hate transgender people?".
I clearly pointed this out and explained my position. You immediately lost interest.
Then sol_bad sol_bad jumped to try to weasel some gloating points by flip-flopping between accusations of me not saying enough ("You never explain your position") and me saying more than they cared for ("Word salad").

When bad actors insist they are innocent and virtuous, it's typically in response to having their less-than-innocent and less-than-virtuous antics exposed for what they are.
As it is, you leapt into this thread with little more than "No u" and are now performing the 'insistence' part of the performance.

I'm not responsible for other people acting in bad faith, assuming and misrepresenting the position of others or employing leading questions to manipulate them into engaging in disingenuous arguments. If you believe such behaviour is your idea of 'good faith' then we have very little to say to each other.

Which of my questions did that? It genuinely wasn’t my intention so please let me know. I didn’t feel like you explained your position well and my questions were me trying to understand that. When you didn’t answer them I shifted to talking with Matt404au about it since he was responding more directly.

Last edited:
Your questions were leading and designed to project your views onto me rather than understand my position.
I explained my position, which didn't fit into the narrowness of your leading questions.

That you can't grasp this after its been explained to you multiple times shows that you are either unwilling or unable grasp that not everyone is ready to be put into the little boxes you feel they belong to.

I've explained myself fully, more than once.
We're done here.

Turnt

Your questions were leading and designed to project your views onto me rather than understand my position.
I explained my position, which didn't fit into the narrowness of your leading questions.

That you can't grasp this after its been explained to you multiple times shows that you are either unwilling or unable grasp that not everyone is ready to be put into the little boxes you feel they belong to.

I've explained myself fully, more than once.
We're done here.

I've asked you to point out which questions are leading and you haven't. I had asked you to clarify points and you won't. If my questions were so leading then how was someone else able to engage with them without me screeching "gotcha!"? If you believe in something then you should be able to have it questioned.

For what it's worth, no I don't think you hate trans people. I never meant to convey that and if that's how it came across then I'm truly sorry.

He's a pontificator. Leave it at that.

I'm not particularly interested in just calling someone names and dismissing them. I really did want to engage with him.

I've asked you to point out which questions are leading and you haven't. I had asked you to clarify points and you won't. If my questions were so leading then how was someone else able to engage with them without me screeching "gotcha!"? If you believe in something then you should be able to have it questioned.

For what it's worth, no I don't think you hate trans people. I never meant to convey that and if that's how it came across then I'm truly sorry.

I'm not particularly interested in just calling someone names and dismissing them. I really did want to engage with him.

That's how it starts out, just saving you the headache. Good luck.

Meh, I thought CM was alright. Much MUCH better than Thor Ragnorok, what a piece of shit that film was.

Brie is alright. People say she's bland or uncharismatic, I like her, she seems a little goofy and not up herself. Of all the Hollywood tarts, I reckon she would be the best one to have a pint with.

Different strokes for different folks I guess.

kunonabi

I just thought it was kinda silly that in the middle of this enormous Final Boss Battle, every single female just happened to be on the same place at the perfect time

The whole thing is silly. It's been established that Carol is so fast and strong that nothing could really stop her from getting to her destination if she really wanted to. The support was entirely unnecessary. Of course the whole thing breaks down if you think about it. Once the van is destroyed all they need to do is have Carol fly off into space and have her chuck the gauntlet into a sun or embed it in the core of some random planet until the fight is over.

Meh, I thought CM was alright. Much MUCH better than Thor Ragnorok, what a piece of shit that film was.

Brie is alright. People say she's bland or uncharismatic, I like her, she seems a little goofy and not up herself. Of all the Hollywood tarts, I reckon she would be the best one to have a pint with.

Different strokes for different folks I guess.
Meh I might have agreed with you if it weren't for her attitude and behavior as a person.

The opposite would be Marie Kelly Tran who also got a lot of hate but seems like a real sweetheart irl.

sol_bad

Which of my questions did that? It genuinely wasn’t my intention so please let me know. I didn’t feel like you explained your position well and my questions were me trying to understand that. When you didn’t answer them I shifted to talking with Matt404au about it since he was responding more directly.

Catman is not worth your time and energy. He point blank ignores the topic and questions on hand and uses word salad that really means nothing. And then he'll say he has already explained himself, won't rephrase his answer in a less word salady way and call you dumb.

It's his schtick. To try and feel like he is above other people.

Durask

As a very liberal person myself, I never understood the liberal "Islam activists" - such as the writer in the OP. I am not a bigot, I do not dislike people for whatever religion they found themselves born into (which is typically the case for most people), but Islam itself and Islamic societies are ultra conservative. They even treat women as if the world barely progressed past medieval times. I do not understand my fellow liberals who support it.

It's completely asinine to declare that you fight against the injustices women face, and then in the same breadth champion the one religion that is by far the most oppressive towards women.

My understanding of the party line is that:

1. Islam = "people of color"
2. Racist.

Isn't it funny how those who constantly want to control narrative and tone of any conversation they step into are the first to signal their virtue, the first to claim they can't see what others can see, the first to argue their empathy and the first to talk shit about those that don't subscribe to their agenda.

Whilst you may feel empowered by your mutual back-slapping, you are convincing noone of your faux-sincerety efforts when you jump into a thread merely to dismiss the thread, to ignore what has been explained (multiple times) and to resort to lengthy diatribes that amount to "No u".

But, please, continue your playground-level antics.
These are not the rapier-wit, air-tight, effortlessly-cunning master-strokes you are prematurely rewarding yourselves BIG BRAIN points for.
But, as I mentioned earlier, if you were able to drop the ego and the agenda, you might see yourselves for the bad actors you have been called out as.

After refusing to engage sincerely, childish petulance does nothing for the burning remains of your credibility.

I'll see the usual suspects in the next thread.
Where you will do exactly the same as you always do.
To the same ends.

Last edited:

Flintty

We can only hope CM2 is this:

For two and a half hours

That was truly awful, took me right out of the film with a jolt. Most of the female characters are fucking awesome - they didn’t need that scene to put them on a pedestal.

Similar to the end of Cap Marvel. I liked the film but the ‘fight men who push me down’ shit just felt out of place. I’m ok with these messages being in the films if they feel natural. But both examples above felt contrived and awkward.

She said that she isn't interested in what an old white man has to say about A Wrinkle in Time at an awards show aimed at women in the industry. That hurt some mens fragile egos.
Men like RandomMecha who called her out (and got attacked by Bries nutty fans in Twitter as a result) or other women tired of Brie?

Substitute "white" with any other race and she wouldn't have a job.

Please spare us the "fragile men" bs as an excuse for being a b****.

HarryKS

there was jsut something off about the first captain marvel. her acting wasnt the best but that wasnt it. it was the editing or the pacing or... something. i dont fucking know but it jsut felt off, like different than every other marvel movie for som reason.

hoping the second one is better

It's a bad movie, that's all.

The actors were bad, the script was inadequate, the pandering was too light and actually half-assed, the bad guys were very, very strange.

sol_bad

Men like RandomMecha who called her out (and got attacked by Bries nutty fans in Twitter as a result) or other women tired of Brie?

Substitute "white" with any other race and she wouldn't have a job.

Please spare us the "fragile men" bs as an excuse for being a b****.

No. They really are fragile.
Men were whinging about Brie based on an women's centric article from a women's centric website about a women's centric awards show. What the eff man even bothers to read websites aimed at women unless they are looking for something to be angry about.

Men were whinging about Brie based on an women's centric article from a women's centric website about a women's centric awards show. What the eff man even bothers to read websites aimed at women unless they are looking for something to be angry about.
No you don't get off scott free like that.

She could have simply said people, but brought race and gender (and age) into it.

Stop making excuses for crap like this especially when there are women complaining and probably dudes that aren't white.

Last edited:

MetalAlien

Banned
She was trying really hard to piss off men, and it worked.... congrats?

sol_bad

In an event that was aired and she knew would go public.

You sure like making excuses.

As far as I am aware it doesn't air on TV.

Tickets for this year’s ceremony went on sale at 11:00am on Monday 7 October and are now SOLD OUT.

For updates on this year’s winnners after the ceremony, please check back here or follow #WFTVAwards on Twitter for live updates throughout the ceremony.

MetalAlien

Banned

Tickets for this year’s ceremony went on sale at 11:00am on Monday 7 October and are now SOLD OUT.

For updates on this year’s winnners after the ceremony, please check back here or follow #WFTVAwards on Twitter for live updates throughout the ceremony.
Let's pretend for a moment she didn't count on men seeing that. Then she is still guilty of some fem-circle jerk echo chamber fart sniffing celebration.

It was filmed and was all over Youtube.

It can be said it was not a private event.

Is still does not excuse her either way.

Last edited:

Azurro

Banned

"No. Those black people really are fragile.
Blacks were whinging about an asian person making fun and complaining about n***ers based on an asian's centric article from an asian's centric website about an asian's centric awards show. What the eff black man even bothers to read websites aimed at asian people unless they are looking for something to be angry about."

Look at that Sol, you just said prejudice is cool as long as it's done in the right forum. It's ok for actual KKK members fine to make racist/sexist/whateverist comments about any person of colour as long as they keep it in a KKK forum, according to you at least.

sol_bad

It was filmed and was all over Youtube.

It can be said it was not a private event.

Is still does not excuse her either way.

It doesn't excuse men for being arseholes to her either just because of her own personal opinion. Yet men are still arseholes to her because of their own personal opinions.

Azurro Azurro I wouldn't care if a man said he didn't care about a women's opinion either.

Last edited:
It doesn't excuse men for being arseholes to her either just because of her own personal opinion. Yet men are still arseholes to her because of their own personal opinions.

Azurro Azurro I would care if a man said he didn't care about a women's opinion either.
PEOPLE are assholes to her or perhaps a few of them are just criticizing her.

Tired of your excuses and "but.... but...."

And if she just said "whiny people" I doubt there would have been nearly as much of an uproar.

sol_bad

PEOPLE are assholes to her or perhaps a few of them are just criticizing her.

Tired of your excuses and "but.... but...."

And if she just said "whiny people" I doubt there would have been nearly as much of an uproar.

Sorry, but if these sentences trigger someone than that person is fragile.

“I don’t want to hear what a white man has to say about ‘A Wrinkle in Time.’ I want to hear what a woman of color, a biracial woman has to say about the film. I want to hear what teenagers think about the film.”

If you make a movie that is a love letter to women of color, there is a chance that a woman of color does not have access to review and critique your film,” she said, while revealing plans to roll out an opt-in program that will provide studios with access to underrepresented journalists and critics. “Do not say the talent is not there, because it is.”

Sorry, but if these sentences trigger someone than that person is fragile.

“I don’t want to hear what a white man has to say about ‘A Wrinkle in Time.’ I want to hear what a woman of color, a biracial woman has to say about the film. I want to hear what teenagers think about the film.”

If you make a movie that is a love letter to women of color, there is a chance that a woman of color does not have access to review and critique your film,” she said, while revealing plans to roll out an opt-in program that will provide studios with access to underrepresented journalists and critics. “Do not say the talent is not there, because it is.”
"40 year old white dudes" she said

It stil doesn't make it right but keep excusing the rhetoric.

Top Bottom