• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Captain Rainbow - Wii (First look trailer)

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
OgnodoD said:
WiiFolder.com (a site by a guy who talks regularly in ********** chat) has posted this video on wipido:

Ugh I really do hate him- Josh I think his name is.

Anyways, first Sailormoon Wii and now Rainbow Bright? All my dreams are coming true!

Speevy

Banned
Looks like a positively awful Flash-based superhero reject from Viewtiful Joe mixed with a deformed Birdetta.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
EARTH! FIRE! WIND! WATER! HEART!

GO PLANET!!

Surely I cannot be the only one who thinks this looks appealing. The transformation is awesome.

Milabrega

So this is what Nintendo's been keeping secret. The Next big Wii Game. Where your Mii is the secret identity of a super hero! Can anyone translate what birdo is saying .....

:lol OmG!

Teknoman

The hell?

AAAAAryA2LUAAAAAANUqbw.jpg

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
There really isn't a better time than this to post that lol wut picture, too bad I don't have it.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
the gibberish narration in that trailer is more annoying than TEN ISSUNS

still, it's nice that nintendo is making an original game. they do this so rarely that it's difficult to watch that trailer and believe that nintendo is responsible for it. though i guess birdo is in there as mario's proxy

edit: afaik the birdo transgender thing was invented by the people who wrote the american manual. nes manual writers invented a lot of things -- that profession has really declined

The several-word description in the other thread reminded me of Viewtiful Joe, and now so does the look (outside of the Birdo sections). Can't tell if it's set up like a Zelda game or what, though.

JSR

Well that was... weird. Based on the video, the game looks like a mix of Viewtiful Joe's style/premise (over-the-top superheroes, etc.) and Marvel Ultimate Alliance's gameplay. And why is there a squished-face Birdo in the video? So strange.

Also, is it just me, or does this remind anyone else of Chibi-Robo? Maybe it's Birdo's gibberish voice, but there is a definite Chibi-Robo vibe in that trailer.

The... fuck?
Can't wait until this comes out stateside so the mainstream media can start accusing Nintendo of pushing a homosexual agenda.

big_z

Zoramon089 said:
Birdo is a transexual, PERIOD, not just in Japan

but according to nintendo they changed birdo to a chick here in north america so that kids wouldnt cut off their dicks and dress in their moms clothes after playing SMB2.

The hell is Birdo doing in there?

Edit: From what I could gather from the incomprehensible trailer. It looks like Lost in Blue with Superpowers....and Birdo... am I close?

Polari

onegoodlogan said:
The... fuck?
Can't wait until this comes out stateside so the mainstream media can start accusing Nintendo of pushing a homosexual agenda.

It's called Captain Rainbow, includes Birdo and the main character flounces and wears a purple scarf. This is Tingle level of innuendo right here, folks.

big_z said:
but according to nintendo they changed birdo to a chick here in north america so that kids wouldnt cut off their dicks and dress in their moms clothes after playing SMB2.
Pffft. If they didn't want that, they wouldn't have made SMB2 Peach able to fly.

Milabrega

Hellsing321 said:
The hell is Birdo doing in there?

I think its safe to assume with the usage of Birdo and the Rainbow symbol, that Nintendo is trying to directly target the GLBT community with this game. Would this be the first console game in History to be directly marketed to that community?

Top Bottom