• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capture the WORST screenshots of otherwise gorgeous games!

mtosh

Banned
someone needs to put a face on a piece of toast.

OtW3k34.png

nOoblet16

The problem with the dog is the same problem with all the XIII games, Crystal Tools engine. That engine can't do polygons well, which is why even the main characters don't get more than 7-8k polygons, that's 6th Gen console territory, and I think they did a damn good job to create character models that good looking with barely any polygons.

Crystal tools was a nightmare, shit documentation, tons of problems, would start chugging with even 10k poly characters, couldn't do alpha transparencies (they managed to get it in XIII-2 but at the cost of framerate) and last of all it caused a lot of money..is the reason why FFXVI was never released when it was Versus XIII (underwent engine changes, then platform changes)

This thread is hilarious, but c'mon, the Uncharted pic and Lightning Returns' dog were quoted to exhaustion while many other equally hilarious screens were outlooked or left behind because of the attention both got.. I laughed first, but was really necessary every single user to quote it? I found very funny but got annoyed by some many quotes and references for it. OP should be changed to "Hilarious Uncharted and Lightning Returns pics" instead.

Top Bottom