• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capy & Double Fine release new Outrun-style racer on 3.5 inch floppies at PAX

CapyDisc-610x343.jpg

81hrZXa.jpg

http://www.edge-online.com/news/capy-fine-racing-gp-to-debut-at-pax-east/

Capy Fine Racing GP is a new racer starring Capy and Double Fine characters to be released on 3.5” floppy discs at PAX East, Capy co-founder Nathan Vella has told us.

Studios Capy and Double Fine are sharing a booth at the event, and have teamed up to develop the racer. “Ken [Yeung] and Vic [Nguyen] made a game called Capy Fine Racing GP, which is a little jokey – but still rad fun – OutRun-style racer staring Capy and Double Fine characters,” Vella told us.

“The game will be released on the 3.5″ floppies that come inside the Capy and Double Fine limited edition boxed bundle, AKA the retail version of the Steam bundle that we just launched which includes both studios’ Steam games. We only made 200 boxes, and even then some of the floppies might not work, but the people who buy them will be allowed and encouraged to share the game.”

It is not intended to be a ‘serious’ game, added Vella. “It’s just something we did for pure fun and loving the idea of doing cool shit with our friends, in the spirit of the Capy Double Fine PAX combo. While it’s totally a real game, it’s also not at all a real game.”

So if you buy this at PAX, please copy that floppy.

Tizoc

Wait hold up, there's a DF+Capy bundle on Steam atm, are they teaming up or did they merge or soemthing?

Hope it gets a digital release as well...but I'd sure as hell wanna buy that floppy.

-KRS-

huh that's pretty cool. I wonder how many people still have floppy drives though. I still do in my older stationary computers but I imagine most people haven't even seen a floppy drive in years. Great throwback though! And the game actually looks fun for what it is.

-KRS-

Whenever I get a new computer, I always get a floppy drive in it. I suspect more from habit than from any actual need for one these days.

Can you even buy floppy drives anymore? And do modern motherboards and PSUs even support them? Or are there SATA floppy drives today? That would be something haha.

Madao

Can you even buy floppy drives anymore? And do modern motherboards and PSUs even support them? Or are there SATA floppy drives today? That would be something haha.

you could get a USB floppy drive. they do exist and are recognized as a USB storage device. my dad bought one because some stupid government institution required floppy disks for some documents and he didn't want to fail delivering them since it was mandatory.

I'd have to guess no one going to PAX brought a 3.5inch floppy drive in their suitcase. So it might be a while before someone copies that floppy.

lord

first we started getting new music releases in cassettes, now we get new games on floppies, welcome to the new hipster world

Damn it, I was wondering what that was.
I saw two guys walking around with it earlier today

The floppy caught my eye of course, dat floppy

I want to play lol

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
This is so fucking cool. I love Double Fine with all my heart, Capy is mostly great to me though I didn't really get all into Sword & Sworcery. I will gut check any one of you for one of these floppies.

Come at me

Top Bottom