• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cartoons that were good yet canceled

Status
Not open for further replies.

CiSTM

Banned
I'm gonna miss KotH :(
8ziceq.jpg

Well at least there is still some hope that it will continue on ABC.

MNC

Did one of these posts just say The Thick had a LIVE ACTION FILM!? THAT HAS TO BE CORNY ENOUGH TO BE AWESOME.

Was Spawn on HBO actually cancelled or....?

Otherwise, most everything has already been said. Better not to get into the anime cut short side of things, else ye be in for a world of regrets.

The other DQ anime is Abel no Yuusha.

MTV's Spider-Man.

It lasted one season. I actually watched it every Friday (despite Friday being my "go out" night). Ended on a cliffhanger too.

Also, Megas XLR deserved to die. You could tell that the writers had no idea where to take the show.

Gagaman said:
Holy crap, now there's something I that just creeped back out from the back of my brain, thanks for that little nostalgia trip.

yeah same here i remember that show but havent thought about it forever. good job mammothtank

Hive

Banned
The first TMNT series was canceled even after they previewed for a '97 season~

It was still a good cartoon with sagas, however, the sentai craze (mixed with aging fanbase) really hurt ratings..

It came back in a different form with the series we have now

critch

Banned
DARKWING FUCKING DUCK.

Cancelled so they could concentrate on making "A Goofy Movie", just as they were bringing back the Tim Curry voiced "Taurus Bulba".

It was the deathknell for Disney animation. From there we got crap like Bonkers, then everything moved to the Disney Channel. Though Aladdin and the Hercules cartoon were quite good, and the Buzz Lightyear thing, DW was the last great 'Disney Afternoon' , and they should have made it a movie like they did with Goof Troop and the criminally underrated Ducktales: Treasure of the Lost Lamp.

rezuth said:
SamuraiJack.jpg

Thankfully there is a movie coming :)

This x100,000,000,000 I loved watching this show. I bought the DVD's when they came out and watched it all over again.

From my childhood:

Mighty Orbots (sp)

Koomaster

Zoe said:
It's not like they ever gave specifics or spelled it out. You could go either way.
Which is what they did.

In actuality, maybe Transgendered would be a better term. It was never specified on the show, they just switched genders when they transformed. Although I think female was their 'natural' gender, and the Starlights male gender was the disguise they used on Earth.

Cipherr

wackojackosnose said:
drawn-together-bg4jpg.jpg

Drawn Together

So so crude.

WOW wtf is that lol. Is that a real cartoon?

In any case I vote Dexters lab and PPG. Not sure if either of those were cancelled. But they are the only animated shows I have seen an episode of in the last 10 years or so, and I enjoyed them so I guess those are my choices.

Davey Cakes

HamPster PamPster said:
At this point everything that needs to be said probably has been said, but I'll throw one more on the pile

Dilbert

The best thing UPN ever did (well this and 7 Days)
This. Most definitely this. My God that show was hilarious.

The Critic was also great.

mrnorush said:
this ended.. and continued on a sequel Beast Machines.
Beast Machines took things in the wrong direction, sadly.

bengraven

Zoe said:
Post #4

To be honest, I want more JTHM or Squee.

I was so furious to have not seen it I was in a mindless rage.

I agree, a Squee cartoon or JTHM stop motion film has been my obsession for years.

I had a huge geek crush on the goth chick in Downtown.

BigAT

I can't believe I forgot this but:

kb3zbl.jpg

Batman: The Animated Series

Incredibly dark cartoon that I loved as a kid, and really still do enjoy watching to this day. I know it changed names and existed in one form or another for a while, but to me the original first couple of seasons were the best and some of the stuff that spun off it (The New Batman Adventures, etc.) just didn't measure up to the original.

Zoe

subzero9285 said:
The Mysterious Cities Of Gold.

There should have been a second series.

Supposedly there are sequels coming, but it doesn't sound like it will be an anime production anymore.

Link Man

Banned
I don't know if Daria fits due to its having 5 seasons, but seeing as it still hasn't had a DVD release, that's sort of like being canceled. So, that's my pick. Such a great show.

Combine

Banned
Gotta agree with JayDub's picks. (ExoSquad and Gargoyles)

ExoSquad was way ahead of its time. Got a way with a lot of things that simply didn't happen in regular cartoons. It sucks that it didn't get a chance to finish.

Gargoyles was also great, but I felt it's potential was seriously hampered by Disney and especially all the bad campy humor they insisted on inserting into it.

Man, I wish both could get remade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom