• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Casio Loopy Appreciation Thread

tearsofash

R2L8vbp.png

The Casio Loopy was created in late 1995 and was released in Japan only. Its demographic was primarily for 8-12 year old girls. It came with a thermal printer so you could print stickers of your in game screenshots. A mouse was available for those who wanted more finesse, as well as an accessory called Magical Shoppe that let you hook up A/V cables so you could pretty up video screenshots and print them out as well.

I had purchased one of these consoles in either 2008 or 2009, but sold it in 2015 when I had moved to a much smaller space. I was thinking about it today about how much I missed doodling on it.

Most of the games were Otome games, dating sims, or creative studio suites. I owned copies of Anime Land, WanWan Aijo Monogatari, Dream Change: Kokin-chan's Fashion Party, Lupiton's Wonder Pallete, and HARIHARI Seal Paradise.

Screenshots from Anime Land (forgive the obsenity, I thought there was some irony in cute anime girls saying lewd things)

Screenshot from WanWan Aijo Monogatari

Here is a full games list I pulled from Wikipedia.
Anime Land (あにめらんど Animerando)
Bow-wow Puppy Love Story (わんわん愛情物語 Wanwan Aijō Monogatari)
Dream Change: Kokin-chan's Fashion Party (ドリームチェンジ 小金ちゃんのファッションパーティー Dorīmuchenji Kokinchanno Fasshonpātī)
HARIHARI Seal Paradise (HARIHARIシールパラダイス HARIHARI Shīru Paradaisu)
I Want a Room in Loopy Town! (ルーピータウンのおへやがほしい! Rūpī Taun no O-heya ga Hoshii!)
Little Romance (リトルロマンス Ritoru Romansu)
Lupiton's Wonder Palette (ルピトンのワンダーパレット Rupiton no Wandāparetto)
Chakra-kun's Charm Paradise (チャクラくんのおまじないパラダイス Chakurakun no Omajinai Paradaisu)
Caricature Artist (似顔絵アーティスト Nigaoe Ātisuto)
PC Collection (パソコン・コレクション Pasokon Korekushon)
Magical Shop (マジカルショップ Majikaru Shoppu)

Weird to think that this thing had the same processor as the 32x. Does anyone else own one of these systems? Would be nice to see more screenshots from games since they are pretty rare. Also, if anyone ever owned Magical Shop, I'd be really interested in how that actually works in function.

Toad.T

Banned
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=727678 said:
Sorry to the both of you that wanted to seriously discuss the Casio Loopy

so where's the other one

Owning this is one of my dream goals. Just to say that I own one.

Fat4all

Banned
Having an accessory that let you capture screenshots from TV shows and turn them into stickers is so 90's Japan.

s_mirage

Weird to think that this thing had the same processor as the 32x.

It didn't. Wikipedia seems to be wrong and Ashens made the same mistake. By all accounts the Loopy was powered by an SH-1, the 32x by twin SH-2s.

The machine looks like an interesting curio but too niche for me to think about buying, especially since shipping prices from Japan are a killer.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Pretty bad library. And this is pretty popular online lately, not sure why. Bandai Playdia thread in a couple of months.

See them in hardoff sometimes

NFFtH7I.jpg

Celine

First time realizing the two hearts in the console box cover are actually an L and a P.
Mind blown.

However if I really wanted a "useless" console I would go for a PC-FX (which actually have a few interesting games albeit all in japanese).

Celine

Not useless, then.
"useless" isn't the right term (maybe "disposable").
I mean a console you really don't need but want because of its exotic aura.

EDIT:
Oh and usually these exotic consoles and especially the games aren't cheap to buy so the incentive is even lower.

Sho Nuff

Banned
I saw one of these at the Portland Retro Game Expo, it was boss as fuck

Don't remember seeing any of these during my old shopping days living in Japan, but maybe I wasn't aware of something as amazing as a sticker console

Top Bottom