• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Castle Crashers officially priced - 1200 Microsoft Points ($15)

Sean

Banned
Castle Crashers Pricing (from Dan Paladin)

Hello everyone on the internet!
The price for Castle Crashers will be 1,200 Microsoft points. This month’s only online multiplayer XLA game launches on Wednesday, August 27th, 2008, so get ready to grab some friends and prepare to smash stuff!

Domo arigato Mr. Roboto

Thank you

Love you

-dan

http://devblog.thebehemoth.com/?p=300

content.jpg

Countdown site with epic music (12 days!)

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
1200 for Castle Crashers ? :D

Braid should have been fucking 800. Glad i didnt buy it, will wait for pricedrop. Saved enough points for Castle Crashers!

WHOA.

I really thought it would be so much more with the 20 characters, all different, tons of different weapons, multiplayer, multiplayer modes, all the different animal orbs.

Holy shit, man. This is a steal.

Variable

To be honest, I think the prices are worth it on these past few arcade games. These are not simple ports like earlier arcade games. These are completely original games or games pretty much re engineered from the ground up. The price is fair for a game with high production values.

dr3upmushroom said:
No arguments here, I'm just wondering if this is going to be the new standard.

Why would it be? There's twice as many games (if not moreso, literally) that came out in the same timespan at 800.

Is 800 the new standard? (Actually I think it's just the standard.)

dejay

Banned
dr3upmushroom said:

Who knows? I doubt the shovelware stuff is going to be over 800. $10 is an attractive figure for an impulse buy, but going over that starts to make people play the demo one or two times more before committing. 1200 for a quality title isn't too much to ask - particularly when some people are devoting months and years of their lives to these titles.

sneaky77

dr3upmushroom said:

There is no "standard"

There is nothing wrong with PA's game pricing either, is a nice 8hr rpg original game. I enjoyed it a lot and never once thought i paid too much for it.

McBradders

NeoGAF: my new HOME
sneaky77 said:
There is nothing wrong with PA's game pricing either, is a nice 8hr rpg original game. I enjoyed it a lot and never once thought i paid too much for it.

I respectfully disagree here, but of course "value" is subjective with this kind of thing and I can certainly understand why you may feel that way.

sneaky77

Son of Godzilla said:
Is there some sort of official guarantee that this game will last at least as long as two movies, unlike certain other $15 activities?

Is there some sort of guarantee than when you pay $10 for a movie ticket, you are going to love the movie? What kind of analogies are this anyway? There is a demo.. if you don't feel is worth it then don't buy it.

itsinmyveins

Gets to pilot the crappy patrol labors
Ninja Kn1ght said:
This seems like a fair price for Castle Crashers, I didn't think the PA game was worth the price at all.

I doubt you will think it's fair if you find the game boring, though.

Walshicus

If Microsoft want to keep putting up XBLA games that are worth over 1200MSP on their service, more power to them.

Day one purchase - been looking forward to this for a very long time.

sneaky77 said:
There is no "standard"

I'm just thinking if games are going to be more expensive, like say Siren (Not just talking XBLA), will there be any rental option built into the current systems.

itsinmyveins

Gets to pilot the crappy patrol labors
dr3upmushroom said:
I'm just thinking if games are going to be more expensive, like say Siren (Not just talking XBLA), will there be any rental option built into the current systems.

Well, Siren is exactly like a game you'd buy in a store so actually it's cheaper.

FightyF

Banned
Son of Godzilla said:
Is there some sort of official guarantee that this game will last at least as long as two movies, unlike certain other $15 activities?

I can't think of any other $15 game that doesn't last as long as two movies...other than perhaps Lumines I don't know I never timed myself.

There was no way in Hell that Microsoft would allow this to be cheaper than Braid. Am mostly relieved it's not more expensive. Looks like XBLA officially has a new pricing tier.

FightyF said:
I can't think of any other $15 game that doesn't last as long as two movies...other than perhaps Lumines I don't know I never timed myself.

How did Braid not last longer than two movies though? What two movies was he thinking of exactly? That shit took me at least five hours.

Jim Sterling said:
There was no way in Hell that Microsoft would allow this to be cheaper than Braid. Am mostly relieved it's not more expensive. Looks like XBLA officially has a new pricing tier.

There have always been 1200 point games, since the beginning. This is not a new tier.

sneaky77

Xapati said:
Seems so and I'm not supporting it. Unlike in the US we don't get crazy deals on point cards here.

The prices are not bumping up... the content is simply getting better. When the system first launched everything was retro games with no updates or anything, just quick ports to slap in it, so u can give those away for cheap.. but when is original content that people are developing and spending a yr on it, like any other retail game, why should it be $5?

Troidal

Bionic Commando could have been 1200 MS Points if you ask me.

I hope it's a bit more friendlier than Alien Hominid in terms of difficulty. I like their art style and it's a side scroller!!

Jme

I would have paid more. Can't wait.

On the flip note - why did everyone cry when Braid was 1200, and everyone is cumming now that Castle Crashers is also? I fail to see the logic.

There have always been 1200 point games, since the beginning. This is not a new tier.
As far as I'm aware, the only other was Puzzle Quest, wasn't it? I could be wrong. That and PA Adventures seemed to be the only ones exceeding 800. What I'm saying is that it seems to have been now officially adopted as a regular tier.

handofg0d said:
I would have paid more. Can't wait.

On the flip note - why did everyone cry when Braid was 1200, and everyone is cumming now that Castle Crashers is also? I fail to see the logic.

Well CC was rumoured to be 1800 points plus It seems to have a lot of content and it's been in development for quite a long time so people assumed it might be pricier than most arcade games.

Wurm

Banned
Damn good price! Wish there was a way to just get 1000 points over here in the UK, as I have 200 left and am fed up of paying for way more than I need each time, especially when I have a free 1000 points on the way in September from that Dream Car thing.

Top Bottom