• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Castle Crashers Remastered coming to Switch and PS4

https://blog.thebehemoth.com/2019/0...-coming-to-nintendo-switch-and-playstation-4/

For those of you who are not familiar with Castle Crashers Remastered (CCR), here’s a quick rundown of what this version of the game has:
  • A multiplayer mini-game called “Back Off Barbarian” that’s frantic and weird.
  • Texture sizes of the game are five times the texture size of the original game
  • CCR runs at 60 frames per second. The original ran at 30 frames per second which feels kind of like a slideshow if you go back to it after trying this new one.
  • All previously released downloadable content like characters, weapons, and animal orbs are available in-game
  • Various performance updates and improvements to gameplay and online multiplayer

Last edited:

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Very cool.

Glad for new people to be able to play this game, it’s a blast.

Last edited:

jadedm17

I bet Limited Run Games or Super Rare Games will end up picking it up. Maybe Fangamer, since they don't ever run out of stock and Castle Crashers is highly popular.
Im voting SuperRare as my love for LimitedRun has dwindled once i realized how long their process takes comparitively speaking : SR games ill get days later, LR take weeks... my delayed copy of Fury took almost half a year.

A BestBuy LR release would be acceptable but SR or FG prefered.

Last edited:

Traianvs

A wonderful game, perfect in coop
And as a curiosity, here's a beautiful Castle Crashers murale I saw once in a Spanish town I don't remember

Edit: according to the geotag, it was in Ponferrada

1413297393125brjtw.jpg

Last edited:

HeresJohnny

Castle Crashers was awesome, but it really can't be made to look too much better than it does due to its artstyle, can it?

Codes 208

Castle Crashers was awesome, but it really can't be made to look too much better than it does due to its artstyle, can it?
It’s about as different as comparing a jpeg to a png due to the remaster using uncompressed sprites and artwork (kinda like Rayman Legends)

Also 60fps. (Though I have no idea if or how much of the switch version will see compressed.)

Thurible

Yay! It's good more people can experience this fun, silly, and somewhat crude game. If you are a fan of brawlers I would highly recommend it.

Top Bottom