• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Castle Crashers Remastered launches September 17 for Switch, shortly after for PS4

Mista

Banned

The Switch version of Castle Crashers Remastered will launch via the Nintendo eShop on September 17 for $14.99, with the PlayStation 4 version to follow “shortly after,” developer The Behemoth announced.

The Behemoth said in a blog post:
“Although Castle Crashers Remastered has been around for quite some time, we haven’t brought a game to a Sony system since the PlayStation 3, or a Nintendo console since the GameCube,”
We’ve gone generations in between then and now, and while we’re beyond excited to be bringing Castle Crashers to modern consoles, making that leap has come with a number of difficult development challenges. Some of these challenges took us longer than expected to work through; in fact, the PlayStation 4 version of the game is still going through it’s final approval processes, which is why we are not yet confirming it’s exact launch date. However, we wanted to take our time to make sure that when we launch the game it is complete, polished, and the best quality it can be.”
Why doesn’t PlayStation 4 have a launch date yet? When will the game come out?

The PlayStation 4 version of Castle Crashers Remastered is currently in the final stages of its submission process, which is the very last step that needs to be completed before we can launch the game. We don’t want to announce an exact launch date until everything is 100 percent finalized, but as soon as we have this confirmation we’ll share that information with you. In a perfect world this would line up with the Switch release, but the reality is that we just aren’t sure if it will quite yet. Stay tuned, and we’ll let you know as soon as we can!

Where will I be able to buy Castle Crashers Remastered, and how much will it be?

Castle Crashers Remastered for Switch will be available to purchase digitally on the Nintendo E-shop for $14.99 USD when it hits stores on September 17, 2019. When the PS4 version of the game launches, you will be able to pick it up in the PlayStation Store for the same price.

What does the “Remastered” part mean?Why doesn’t PlayStation 4 have a launch date yet? When will the game come out?

The PlayStation 4 version of Castle Crashers Remastered is currently in the final stages of its submission process, which is the very last step that needs to be completed before we can launch the game. We don’t want to announce an exact launch date until everything is 100% finalized, but as soon as we have this confirmation we’ll share that information with you. In a perfect world this would line up with the Switch release, but the reality is that we just aren’t sure if it will quite yet. Stay tuned, and we’ll let you know as soon as we can!

Where will I be able to buy Castle Crashers Remastered, and how much will it be?

Castle Crashers Remastered for Switch will be available to purchase digitally on the Nintendo E-shop for $14.99 USD when it hits stores on September 17, 2019. When the PS4 version of the game launches, you will be able to pick it up in the PlayStation Store for the same price.

What does the “Remastered” part mean?

Remastered means the game includes all of the differences from the original:

The fast-paced and frantic mini-game “Back Off Barbarian” that you can play by yourself or with your friends
Texture sizes are five times greater than the original game, which means the game is five times more beautiful
60 frames per second gameplay! (The original ran at 30FPS which is not nearly as smooth)
All previously released downloadable content including characters, weapons, and animal orbs will be available to unlock in-game
Various performance updates and improvements to gameplay and online multiplayer
What special Nintendo Switch features are there? What about PlayStation 4?

The Switch features HD Rumble, Switch Online, and up to 4-player local Joy-Con support so you can use your Joy-Cons in any configuration to play with friends online, offline, on the big screen, or in the palm of your hand. On PS4, lightbars will be set ablaze with your character affinity color, and you can play online or offline with friends for up to 4-player chaos!

Is the game going to be cross-platform?

It’s not something we have in our plans. For now, you’ll have to stick to grouping up with friends on the same console, but between couch co-op and online play you should still have plenty of ways to connect!

Remastered means the game includes all of the differences from the original:

• The fast-paced and frantic mini-game “Back Off Barbarian” that you can play by yourself or with your friends.
  • Texture sizes are five times greater than the original game, which means the game is five times more beautiful.
  • 60 frames per second gameplay! (The original ran at 30 frames per second which is not nearly as smooth.)
  • All previously released downloadable content including characters, weapons, and animal orbs will be available to unlock in-game.
  • Various performance updates and improvements to gameplay and online multiplayer.
What special Nintendo Switch features are there? What about PlayStation 4?

The Switch features HD Rumble, Switch Online, and up to four-player local Joy-Con support so you can use your Joy-Cons in any configuration to play with friends online, offline, on the big screen, or in the palm of your hand.

On PlayStation 4, light bars will be set ablaze with your character affinity color, and you can play online or offline with friends for up to 4-player chaos!

Is the game going to be cross-platform?

It’s not something we have in our plans. For now, you’ll have to stick to grouping up with friends on the same console, but between couch co-op and online play you should still have plenty of ways to connect!
Gematsu

Mista

Banned
PS4 version coming on the 17th too

Castle-Crashers-PS4_09-13-19.jpg

Hotspurr

Banned
I don't know why, but I never really managed to get into this. Always felt like a cheap browser flash game. None of the designs were particularly interesting either and eventually it became quite boring. Holding out hope for Streets of Rage 4 being good.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I’ll probably get it once it goes on sale.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I wish they would either make an expansion or Castle Crashers 2.
Agreed. I've played through this game maybe 20 times now. It's fun, but it gets progressively less fun when you know where all the secrets are.

Micolash

Neo Member
I did enjoy Castle Crashers, but it just felt really unbalanced for solo play. I understand it's a game designed around co-op, but completing insane mode solo is an exercise in frustration rather than a satisfying challenge.

Top Bottom