• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Castle Crashers teased for Nintendo Switch and PS4

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR

(The Behemoth is the developer of Castle Crashers)

---

I'd be down for a souped-up 2.0 version.

The colors match the four characters, in case anyone isn't sure why this appears to be a tease for Castle Crashers specifically:

maxresdefault.jpg

Last edited:

Codes 208

On one hand: fuck yes I love castle crashers.

On the other hand: Where the FUCK is castle crashers 2?!

Last edited:

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
On one hand: fuck yes I love castle crashers.

On the other hand: Where the FUCK is castle crashers 2?!
Maybe they'll pull a [Japanese dev] and later announce "The sales of Castle Crashers Deluxe will indicate fan interest in a Castle Crashers 2".

That seems to be the way of things nowadays.

Codes 208

Maybe they'll pull a [Japanese dev] and later announce "The sales of Castle Crashers Deluxe will indicate fan interest in a Castle Crashers 2".

That seems to be the way of things nowadays.
This isn’t even the first deluxe edition though. Castle Crashers: Remastered came out on xbo/pc back in 2015

Nymphae

Banned
Jesus christ, they're still selling that thing?? I played that on lab computers for free when I was in high school when it was a web game. Good for them lol.

I remember this coming out for Xbox 360 as an arcade game on the store....2006? Dont tell me Nintendo is gonna make people pay $30 for this lol.

Jigsaah

Gold Member
If it is I feel like a switch tease wouldn’t be their go-to considering their relationship with MS.

It could have fell through. I mean I haven't seen anything from Behemoth in a bit. I could have missed some games though. Still I feel like castle crashers was really successful so why wouldn't Microsoft jump on a sequel?

Codes 208

It could have fell through. I mean I haven't seen anything from Behemoth in a bit. I could have missed some games though. Still I feel like castle crashers was really successful so why wouldn't Microsoft jump on a sequel?
Well if you think of it, if it fell through one would think CC:R would’ve already on other systems rather being exclusive to Xbox and steam

I could see them announcing both at the same time or something though. Maybe at pax?

Last edited:

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
I would really love an announcement of that orange joy con.
Hey, now there's a slick idea. I doubt Nintendo would do it for this game, but they have enough of a boner for their own GCN legacy that I could see a 'Spice Orange' joycon coming out, paired with a new 3D Donkey Kong or something.

Thurible

YES!
Hope this is Castle Crashers 2. I like pretty much all the games Behemoth comes up with.
I hope so! Though I highly doubt they would put a teaser for the sequel up on the switch. I think a sequel announcement wouldn't be console specific. :(

Jigsaah

Gold Member
YES!

I hope so! Though I highly doubt they would put a teaser for the sequel up on the switch. I think a sequel announcement wouldn't be console specific. :(

Hmm good point...but I can't imagine there being a teaser for the switch either with it just being the original game either. It's like why tease it...how awesome do you think you are exactly?

Caayn

After all these years. Announcement for Castle Crashers 2 inbound soon?

One things for certain that whatever this announcement is it'll be multiplatform.

Last edited:

JangoRain

At this point it’s probably the remaster that came out on Xbox One years ago..however

What if they showed these teases for the other consoles to make us think that, then they show an xbox controller mock up and it’s really a sequel!

Top Bottom