• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Castle of Illusion remake being deslisted?

Salsa

I doubt it wouldnt get renewed

it's a good game. certainly a lot better than that crap new Ducktales released around the same time

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Still available on Xbox 360 as well....

I am considering picking it up if it's getting delisted. Would be nice to get confirmation.

oldmario

there was a thread the other week from playstation japan about the game being delisted so i guess it's happening WW

Corpekata

Banned
Sega's listed as publisher and they don't seem to have any Diseny stuff going on so yeah, license is probably expiring.

NEO0MJ

Thanks for the heads up. I've been curious about this game for a long time and at that price I can't say no.

<Looks> Yeah, I already have it on Steam and PS3. I'm pretty sure the PS3 version was given away with Plus some time back. Remember, if you own the game one way or the other you'll still be able to download and play it after it's delisted.

Is it bc on xbox one?

No.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
I wish it were on sale on Xbox... I like my Sega stuff there. Phooey.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
I doubt it wouldnt get renewed

it's a good game. certainly a lot better than that crap new Ducktales released around the same time

w11WbIE.png

Big Nikus

Thanks OP, I totally forgot it was gonna be delisted.
I love the original. I already played the remake on the 360 but I need to play it again on PC.

HoodWinked

how do delisted games work on steam if you still have the key after its been delisted? can it still be redeemed or does it have to be redeemed before its delisted.

ekgrey

how do delisted games work on steam if you still have the key after its been delisted? can it still be redeemed or does it have to be redeemed before its delisted.

It can still be redeemed. I did it with Prey, thanks to a GAFfer with some old physical copies.

So...I have this game because it was a Playstation Plus game a while back. But I don't intend to renew PS+ when it expires. I can't buy the game because I'm a plus member for now; unless it's changed since I last looked, you can't buy games that you "own" on PS+. But when that expires, I won't have access to the game, and it'll be gone.

Am I out of luck? I suppose I should just buy it on 360.

edit: not on sale on xbox.com

Saiyan-Rox

I just got this an accidentally made agift link for the game.....clicked it and all I see in the box is this long string of code but no steam key :S

Khaz

I just got this an accidentally made agift link for the game.....clicked it and all I see in the box is this long string of code but no steam key :S

There may be a problem with the key generator. I claimed it for myself but got
KeyId: something-something-somethingGame Key: SOMETH-INGSOM(cropped).
The other game I got with it had its key generated fine.

I've sent them an e-mail.

Saiyan-Rox

There may be a problem with the key generator. I claimed it for myself but got
KeyId: something-something-somethingGame Key: SOMETH-INGSOM(cropped).
The other game I got with it had its key generated fine.

I sent them an e-mail.

Yep got the same

least it's not only me

Well, unless I'm missing another one, this is now a problem for the first delisted PS+ game.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/04/14/playstation-plus-castle-of-illusion-free-for-members/

This game was given out on PS+ two years ago. My PS+ doesn't expire for many months.

That means I'm unlikely to be able to purchase it on the PSN, which means that the game is essentially held HOSTAGE by the PS+ subscription.

Sony needs to fucking fix this. They're literally losing money.

So...I have this game because it was a Playstation Plus game a while back. But I don't intend to renew PS+ when it expires. I can't buy the game because I'm a plus member for now; unless it's changed since I last looked, you can't buy games that you "own" on PS+. But when that expires, I won't have access to the game, and it'll be gone.

Yup. This is fucking inexcusable

5taquitos

Yep, you'll only have access to it from now on if you have an active PS+ subscription, since you can't buy your PS+ games while you're subscribed.

Yep, you'll only have access to it from now on if you have an active PS+ subscription, since you can't buy your PS+ games while you're subscribed.

I might be wrong; last time my PS+ expired, I bought Resogun, Tokyo Jungle, and a couple of other games that I previously had on PS+. This might have been one of them, but I don't think so. Anyway, it's dumb. Let me give you my money, Sony!

Well, unless I'm missing another one, this is now a problem for the first delisted PS+ game.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/04/14/playstation-plus-castle-of-illusion-free-for-members/

This game was given out on PS+ two years ago. My PS+ doesn't expire for many months.

That means I'm unlikely to be able to purchase it on the PSN, which means that the game is essentially held HOSTAGE by the PS+ subscription.

Sony needs to fucking fix this. They're literally losing money.

Yup. This is fucking inexcusable

Stupid suggestion but does any retailer sell an activation code for PSN like Amazon or GameStop for this game?

Justinh

That kinda sucks. At least on Xbox One you can "buy a copy" of games that were given away as part of their subscription.
Once it's delisted on PSN, will I still be able to redownload it?

You should, unless there are some like... P.T. shenanigans occur. You'd likely be able to I'd wager.

Top Bottom