• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Castlevania Advance Collection shows up on AU Classification site

fart town usa

Gold Member
Just gonna remind all the haterz that the Castlevania GBA games are available on the Wii U eShop.

tom cruise laughing GIF

Pejo

Just gonna remind all the haterz that the Castlevania GBA games are available on the Wii U eShop.

tom cruise laughing GIF
It really is a shame how poorly Nintendo handles Virtual Console. If it was its own platform that you could keep/play games across multiple devices and generations, I would have invested heavily in some of the games. But nope, they want you to rebuy the same NES/SNES/GBA games over and over and over every time they release a new console. Such a stupid decision, to me at least. As it stands now, I never even think about buying that stuff.

NeoIkaruGAF

Gold Member
It really is a shame how poorly Nintendo handles Virtual Console. If it was its own platform that you could keep/play games across multiple devices and generations, I would have invested heavily in some of the games. But nope, they want you to rebuy the same NES/SNES/GBA games over and over and over every time they release a new console. Such a stupid decision, to me at least. As it stands now, I never even think about buying that stuff.
You don’t have to (can’t, actually) buy NES/SNES games again on the Switch.

Nintendo would probably have to pay rights again every time they re-release the games on a new service, especially third party games. Nobody is gonna pay 7.99 for a SNES game again in 2021, and the biggest third parties are now releasing their own collections anyway.

fart town usa

Gold Member
I agree. I had so many games off the Wii VC. Transferred them to the first Wii U I bought (huge mistake). Got another Wii U but unable to access any of those games. The Wii U VC is good but nowhere near the selection that the Wii had.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Naked Lunch

So basically the gba games
Nah not really.
The GBA ones are too easy to play - either on real GBA hardware or Gamecube GB Player (both of which I own) - or emulation.

The DS games are much harder to emulate because all of the baked in motion controls - only Dawn of Sorrow got a fanmade no motion controls patch that im aware of.
I dont have a DS and have no plans to ever get one.

Last edited:

TidusYuna

Nah not really.
The GBA ones are too easy to play - either on real GBA hardware or Gamecube GB Player (both of which I own) - or emulation.

The DS games are much harder to emulate because all of the baked in motion controls - only Dawn of Sorrow got a fanmade no motion controls patch that im aware of.
I dont have a DS and have no plans to ever get one.

You can play the DS games on 3ds or 2ds. But yea, the DS versions are pretty expensive at this point.

CamHostage

Taking them long enough.

Still seems weird to me that Konami put out those Castlevania and Contra Anniversary Collection packages 2 years ago and then was done again mining the vaults. The "Anniversary" wasn't even a necessary part of the title, they came out a year or two after the century-anniversaries of either franchise, so just call them "Konami Collection" and get some old games out again.

Last edited:
Top Bottom