• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Castlevania: Harmony of Despair |OT|

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I'm honestly surprised like three randoms stuck around. It's a bit of a shame none of them died besides me being underequipped on Hard though. Can't really message them to go "yo, I'd like to go for that achievement so we don't have to bother with it ever again" since it seems like messaging them disconnected the entire room. Which was pretty WTF.

Dezner

Well beat Hard with Spyhunter and a few other people. Leaves getting Boned but it seems the randoms that joined want to do Chapter 10 hard, which... I don't own. Oops?

I haven't played in months, you need another sacrifice to help become Boned? :D

TheSeks

I haven't played in months, you need another sacrifice to help become Boned? :D

Got to have a full group to get the trophie I believe.

Correct. It's gotta be 5 dead and one alive. So 6 people needed. If it was you two and me. That'd be three. Leaving three others. Asking randoms seems to be hit and miss on staying. :/ It'd simply be: "die purposely, have someone with Sonic Boots/tricks go and beat the Chapter 1 normal boss. Done."

Dezner

Correct. It's gotta be 5 dead and one alive. So 6 people needed. If it was you two and me. That'd be three. Leaving three others. Asking randoms seems to be hit and miss on staying. :/ It'd simply be: "die purposely, have someone with Sonic Boots/tricks go and beat the Chapter 1 normal boss. Done."

I've got at least person on my list who might be willing to help out with numbers if you'd like. ^_^

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
My big problem is no mike. I can't coordinate for shit. On the flipside...yay max Charlotte. Happy dance!!!

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
From IGA's AMA on Reddit

IGA said:
Wow! A fan of Harmony of Despair makes me happy. I'm constantly looking at the backer comments on the Bloodstained page. The more sort of requests we get for multiplayer, the more we want to prioritize it. That being said, online is a very expensive undertaking so we'd have to find a good balance.

Edit. Shit sorry for two posts in a row. Didn't see I was last lol.

I'm hopping on but I'm not sure what I'm after tonight yet. I spent last night leveling up spells for Charlotte, but I should probably switch gears before I get sick of it.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Sorry if I've been skipping on my CV guys. Just had to level Charlotte up offline. Which is now done. Yay. Now she wrecks!

It's a shame they never gave her anything good in drops. Had a dream last night where they updated the game with 4 new chapters lol.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
YOU GUYS! It's confirmed. If Bloodstained hits 4M$ on KS, we are getting a built-in HoD sequel with multiple specially built chapters and bosses that drop rare loot.

Pledge people!

TheSeks

YOU GUYS! It's confirmed. If Bloodstained hits 4M$ on KS, we are getting a built-in HoD sequel with multiple specially built chapters and bosses that drop rare loot.

Pledge people!

Not gonna make it with 3 days left. Fundings finally lost steam, even the carrot of a prequel game on console/handhelds isn't going to get people to bite.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Not gonna make it with 3 days left. Fundings finally lost steam, even the carrot of a prequel game on console/handhelds isn't going to get people to bite.

I am scared it won't make it too, but remember that the Paypal money counts in the total and they are 100k$ in reserve from that.

Huh? Yesterday was a good funding day:

Time for a chart update. Yesterday had the 5th best day of the campaign, and I think it's only going upwards from here. The gap with Torment is closing at the moment, but Torment had only two days left at this point, while Bloodstained still has four days. I think there's a good chance Bloodstained will dethrone it as the most funded game Kickstarter.

iAVASR9.png

Crownjo

I hate to necro the topic but the game has returned in the form of a fan Unity port. It's not perfect but one guy from Japan is making it and I gotta say it's pretty damn good.

Online is free.
Up to 10 players can play online compared to 6 players on XBL/PSN.
Has Chapters 1 through 7 but has two new chapters 12 and 13.
Chapter 11 might come out in the summer. But due to someone in my Discord ripping all of chapter 8-11 it might come sooner.

Current roster of characters playable:

Soma Cruz
Alucard
Jonathan Morris
Charlotte Aulin
Shanoa
Albus
Julius Belmont
Richter Belmont
Maria Renard (Rondo of Blood)
Maria Renard (Symphony of the Night) [In the works right now.]
Old Axe Armor

Edit: I have made a Discord server and a Steam group just for the PC fan port. Also dear Castlevania Dungeon. I know you are reading this and uh can you help me sign up? Thanks.

For the Castlevania Dungeon forum this is the issue I am having.

An Error Has Occurred!
Sorry, but the administrator has blocked registration from proxies. Other causes of this error include using an intranet (school connections), registering on a cell phone, or using a browser that does not support compression or does not accept encoding.

Discord server: https://discord.gg/Ejm7aY

Steam group: https://steamcommunity.com/groups/castlevaniahd

Edit: Wow It seems the GameFAQs community is also aware of my post. To users from Castlevania Dungeon and GameFAQs please message me on YouTube or the Steam group if you want the updated link to the Discord server.

Last edited:
Top Bottom