• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow Collection Release Date + MoF HD on PC

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow Collection launches on 8th November 2013 for £30, Konami has announced.

That's for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360.

The Collection includes MercurySteam's already-released Castlevania games, and is designed to lead into the final chapter in the Dracula trilogy, Lords of Shadow 2, due out in February 2014.

Lords of Shadow Collection includes Lords of Shadow, plus its Reverie and Resurrection DLC chapters; Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate HD, the second chapter originally released for Nintendo 3DS now remade for PS3 and Xbox 360, and the Lords of Shadow 2 demo, in which you play as Dracula.

The compilation includes the original Lords of Shadow and a voucher code to download Mirror of Fate HD and the Lords of Shadow 2 demo and the DLC.

Source: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...s-of-shadow-collection-release-date-announced

Boxart:

CLOSCollection_PS3_Inlay_PEGI-1001x1152.jpg

Additionally, Dave Cox posted on twitter an image of MoF that looks to running on a Laptop with a small tease:

No comment :) pic.twitter.com/XYS7Qp1chk

BWIDFVnCAAA2vRq.jpg:large

https://twitter.com/CastlevaniaLOS/status/387875908347891712

Shahed

Good timing I was just looking into buying Lord of Shadow now, and would have gotten Mirror of Fate as well if it was good. Now I'll just get this instead when my backlog winds down a bit

Glass Rebel

rofl, Cox teasing as usual. Mirror of Fate wasn't that good but 60fps would at least improve the performance issues it had. Its scale was certainly impressive for a 3DS game.

Anyone played Reverie and Resurrection? Are they any good, I'm tempted to buy them. I didn't love LOS's gameplay, but I really enjoyed the story. If the DLC has nice story then I don't mind biting, I heard the 2nd one connects more to the sequels?

Yanikun

Banned
MoF is so good. One of my favorite games on the 3DS. I'm glad other people will be able to play it as well and realize that IGN's review was fanboy BS, although it would have been cool if more people had played it where it was intended to be played.

MoF HD is a downloadable game. A title like that will never have a physical release on a console as a standalone.

I think you misread his sadness. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think he was sad that the game wasn't included on the disc, which if Konami wanted to, could have easily been done.

CMSC

Neo Member
MoF is so good. One of my favorite games on the 3DS. I'm glad other people will be able to play it as well and realize that IGN's review was fanboy BS, although it would have been cool if more people had played it where it was intended to be played.

THIS!

MoF is a fun game. IGN's review was totally crap... The game has its flaws, but the package is not as bad as the reviewer said.

adamma666

I think you misread his sadness. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think he was sad that the game wasn't included on the disc, which if Konami wanted to, could have easily been done.

Yeah, this was what I meant. I was under the impression that the Collection would include the DLC and MoF HD on a disc, like it happened with other Game of the Year editions or re-releases. And there are a couple of XBLA games that saw a disc-release, so I guess I got something wrong.

Castlevania-Lords-Of-Shadow-Mirror-Of-Fate-HD.png

what a travesty of a logo :/ why couldn't they just call it Castlevania: Mirror of Fate, the double subtitle is just bad and they were too lazy to design it into the logo...

Category G

Neo Member
Anyone played Reverie and Resurrection? Are they any good, I'm tempted to buy them. I didn't love LOS's gameplay, but I really enjoyed the story. If the DLC has nice story then I don't mind biting, I heard the 2nd one connects more to the sequels?

Storywise they're quite good as you get to see a bit more about
Gabriel's transformation into Dracula
, content wise they're crap. The first DLC was basically just a bunch of platforming and puzzles (which I always found weak in the main game anyway), while the second DLC is for the most part one long, irritating boss fight. I played it on PC so the DLC was included anyway, but if you can get them for cheap and you just want a bit more story then they're probably worth a look.

Could anyone share impressions of the 3DS Mirror of Fate? Might pick it up if it's actually good. Bear in mind I'm a fan of the Iga games and the classics, but in no way resistant to change. Also, I haven't yet played Lords of Shadow.

wrowa

Well, Mirror of Fate wasn't the best-performing game on 3DS, but performance really wasn't its problem. It has some nice ideas, but in the end its design is just not very interesting.

I wonder how much they'll charge for it. Would be a good deal for $15 or $20.

Yazuka

Why couldn't they have included MOF HD on the disc? If they had done that I would have double dipped for the game. Now I can just buy the MOF HD from PSN. Was so hoping it would be on disc.

Morfeo

The Chuck Norris of Peace
I will get this even though Mirror of Fate seems like it sucks. Just need to own that complete Lords of Shadow-package :) So, any word on which version runs better? PS3 or 360?

Why didn't you just put the release date in the thread title?

I did initially but then I saw that tweet by Dave Cox and shoved that in instead. Couldn't fit both in due to character limit so I stuck with the PC thing.

US confirmed? I didn't see it mentioned in article.

Joystiq confirmed a North American release which is coming on November 5th:

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/10/09/castlevania-lords-of-shadow-collection-stakes-out-next-month/

ZenTzen

wow thats just lazy, just the original LOS with vouchers to download the rest of the content and LOS2 demo instead of it all being on the disc?

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Once I get a new laptop I'll probably get this. I doubt they have fixed LoS framerate on consoles.

Preordered the Steelbook Edition from zavvi today. I don't have the DLCs or Mirror of Fate and wanted to play it again for a long time now so this is a good investment for me.

This would be such a great buy if only all the DLC and MoF were on disc. I guess I could understand why they might not able to do that with the 360 version but I don't see why these companies insist on vouchers for these kinds of collection when it must be easy to just put them on the disc.

Top Bottom