• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow E3 Trailer

Barakov said:
Really fantastic trailer. It's nice to see what we're getting story-wise from this. I don't care if you call it Belmont of War or whatever, this looks like it's going to be pretty damn good.

I was really disappointed with God of War III so there's no possible way I could think this is worse.

Amazing stuff. Do want. Great music, terrific VA, insane production values. What's not to like? All I need now is some neat gameplay footage from Konami's presser tomorrow and I'll be a happy man.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I'm starting to realize that gaffers don't know what the word bland actually means.

Desi

Sickboy007 said:
Made me interested but the main character is very bland.
Will agree on that. I believe they should have made him black. Iga would feel at peace.

They could at least made him a redhead. This brown hair thing is really starting to get to me.

My most anticipated game. I love, love, love Castlevania, and I'm so glad to see Konami really put the budget into bringing it back to the forefront. Love the prospect of a big 3D CV with great production values and environments.

Aww I guess the old LoS thread is dead now and this will become the new one? oh well :)

"Poor Carmilla. Before tonight is over you will cry Bloody Tears"

I usually rag on video game dialogue but that's pretty good. Also, 2min. in....Saggy, Flappy man boobs...EWWWWW.

Sold, day one, sales +1, hype, etc. I love it. It's going to be the DMC game of this generation for me, I can feel it.

I like the enemy designs, a lot. The environments look fantastic, the graphics are good overall, voice acting is top notch, no lame dialogue, wow, this is all Castlevania and more.

I just want to see a bit of gameplay and then comes the media blackout. I am ready.

So very pretty yet so very un-Castlevania to me. Any demo footage of the game out there showing off platforming, action, etc...and not just a collections of bosses and cutscenes?

7Th

thetrin said:
I'm starting to realize that gaffers don't know what the word bland actually means.

It does nothing to visually distinguish itself from everything else; to me, it looks bland because it looks like any random fantasy/horror game.

luxarific

Nork unification denier
Robert Carlyle and Patrick Stewart, nom, nom, nom, nom, nom. The game could consist of stick figures, and it would still be day one for me. :lol

luxarific said:
Robert Carlyle and Patrick Stewart, nom, nom, nom, nom, nom. The game could consist of stick figures, and it would still be day one for me. :lol

Don't forget Jason Isaacs, who will surely turn in the best voice performance.

LowParry

If you don't believe me in this being the next true Castlevania, die on stake. :lol

Can't wait to see some gameplay now! Hopefully we get some tomorrow after the Konami conference.

luxarific

Nork unification denier
brandonh83 said:
Don't forget Jason Isaacs, who will surely turn in the best voice performance.

Well, Robert Carlyle made Hitler slightly human/sympathetic to me*, so I'll have to take that under advisement. :lol

*Disclaimer: I hate Nazis, Hitler, racism, white power, etc., etc. That said, Robert Carlyle is a damn good actor and the only reason I'm still watching Stargate Universe. :lol

BeeDog

Game looks fuck-awesome. Damn, I'm hyped beyond belief when it comes to many games this E3, so good.

Cool that they're showing off the PS3 version in the clip above. Seems like it's running solid.

Retro

Hmmm.... Richard Ridings as Cornell (@3:38)... I wonder...

Nah... :lol

Looks sharp, still not convinced but I'm willing to give Mercury Stream enough whip to hang themselves with. Getting burned by Castlevania, especially 3-D ones, is old hat for me.

LowParry

Combat looks solid. All that's left really is the music in game and would like to seem some of the platforming aspects of the game. I've been sold since they showed the trailer but damn...they got my purchase hands down. Fall 2010. Probably October around Halloween.

BlueWord

Looks fantastic. I'm really anticipating this. Kojima's touch has worked wonders for this franchise, though I do hope we haven't seen the end of the Igavania.

That video finally gave the world what I felt like it was missing, character.

Moved up a tier in my hype meter, still not at the top though. Gotta see some combat for that.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
luxarific said:
Game has great voice acting all around. D':

Mmmm... The combat looked alright. a lot better than i was expecting. A little on the GoW side but that's not a bad thing. The atmosphere and graphics are great. can't wait to see more.

Hellion

Kinda wish the whip would dangle off the cross when in attack mode, Then retract when not.

Will keep a eye on this...

Top Bottom