• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Faith (3DS)

HYDE

Banned
@kunonabi
Ha Ha Ha! No. Those games and the PS2 ones are utter shit.

Lords of Shadow regardless of anything it did wrong is the best 3dvania.

Boney

Banned
Has there ever been a case of a publisher buying an ip from a studio without getting the studio as well?

Gonna guess no

Foffy

Banned
2) You gotta be kidding about the N64 games, right? Right?

Remember he said 3D CV. Lords is a better 3D game, but CV64/LoD was a better game at keeping that Castlevania vibe all over the place. It had a pretty awesome castle, too. It's the other things that tamper with the game, like a stupid item collection segment and a pretty mediocre camera.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
I was so excited coming into this topic, a new Castlevania is one of the games I've been waiting for to appear on the 3DS as an excuse to get it.

But damn, by the Lords of Shadow people, I mean, I enjoyed Lords of Shadow and all but it never really hit that Castlevania spot that most of the series always has since Castlevania IV on the Snes, I want a igavania game not something that will probably tie into LoS2.

Still, I can hold out hopes for a Vita Castlevania at some point as I already have one, a Castlevania on that screen and hardware would be wonderful.

gryz

Banned
why do you all want a copy of a copy of a copy of a copy of a good game so much? the constant metroidvania rehashes on DS were getting a bit stale, none of them were even close to as good as SOTN. personally I like trying new games more than playing rehashes of a good 15 year old game. Can't you just play SOTN when you want that style of game?

LoS was interesting and still felt like "real" castlevania game to me, but i guess not all of us are fortunate enough to remember fighting dracula on the NES more than 20 years ago.

Also LOI on ps2 was pretty good too.

Desty

Banned
Agh, now I'll have to get a 3DS! It would be nice if it were from Iga but I'm desperate for some new Castlevania action from whatever source. I would much rather this be on the 360/PS3 though.

Thoraxes

My E3 wishlist item came true!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FINALLLLYY FUCK YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

I hope it's still sidescroller. IT BETTER BE SIDESCROLLER.

Great news. It wasn't the best Castlevania, but Dawn of Sorrow made me really glad about my DS phat purchase wayyyyy back in the day. I'm one of the ones who loved OoE, but how long ago was that? 5 years or something? More? Be nice to have some more castlevania up in here.

bon

why do you all want a copy of a copy of a copy of a copy of a good game so much? the constant metroidvania rehashes on DS were getting a bit stale, none of them were even close to as good as SOTN. personally I like trying new games more than playing rehashes of a good 15 year old game. Can't you just play SOTN when you want that style of game?

You say that as if Lords of Shadow is a really unique action game.

-Oath

Im a bit disappointed it doesnt seem to be a IGAvania but Konami flat out brainless (yet), if Mercury Steam is behind it Im sure it wont be radically different than the classic or DS entries.

Wallachia

bumping for this again that someone posted.. wth?? this is a reported LoS2 shot? or possibly 3DS?

enricalvarezy_414321.jpg

The Sorrows were better than SotN IMO, and were not copies.

Ahasverus

Ok, Iga's gone. Where did he go and what happened?
He went to develop 3rd rate games. After Harmony of Despair he made a new Dating Sim and a /thing/ called Leedmees or something like that. Oh and a Gradius clone (parody?) called Otomedius Excellent that included a female chibi belmont in diapers as playable character (ugh).

All of them flopped.

mmxzero

This is one of the announcements I had been waiting for but my hype deflated when I saw Mercury Steam, which seems common. I'll hold out hope that some thing good can come out of this.

LoS was interesting and still felt like "real" castlevania game to me, but i guess not all of us are fortunate enough to remember fighting dracula on the NES more than 20 years ago.

Your aloof tone is amusing. SOTN is a great game. OoE, DoS, and AoS surpassed it. LOS is a decent, enjoyable action game. Nothing more, nothing less in my opinion.

Yeah, I got burned out by playing the three GBA games, which I thought weren't that good anyway. The Metroidvania term is an insult to Metroid actually.

As far as I'm concerned, Rebirth is the best CV this gen.

IGA's gone for good.
Long live the new series!

Even if Iga is really "gone", they could still make the game in the vein of the ones he made.

Which would be better than "the new series" you seem so excited about, if by that you mean Lords of Shadow and any sequels to it. That game was good (even though the story sucked) but it's no SOTN.

Some Castlevania rumors:

We have gotten word from our trusty source Geno, that we can be expecting more Castlevania reveals at E3. As some of you may have seen Castlevania: Mirrors of Faith(3DS) got leaked earlier today, this news coincides with it. Castlevania: Mirrors of Faith will be shown with a Castlevania Lords of Shadows Sequel which is hinted for a PS3, Xbox 360, Vita, and Wii-U release. The Wii-U and 3DS Castlevania Titles are said to be Cross Compatible according to our source, which makes us ponder about the Cross Compatibly for Vita and PS3.The 3DS Version of Castlevania: Mirrors of Faith, will also feature Co-op play and will be a 2-D sidescrolling game. We will give you more details as unveilings follow

http://www.dualpixels.com/profiles/blogs/rumor-more-castlevania-games-getting-revealed-at-e3

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
A 2D side scroller with some neat 3D effects could make this awesome.

I'm really debating between getting a DSiXL for my DS gaming needs, but if this is as good as it sounds AND they localize Phoenix Wright vs Layton... I'm buying a damn 3DS.

MadOdorMachine

No additional functions
I miss the art direction and music from the Iga games. If Mercury Steam can get close to replicating that, then I'll be happy. The story from LoS wasn't really much different from past Iga games. The gameplay was by far the best the series has ever seen in 3D though. So, I think they're more than capable of pulling off something in 2D. I have a feeling it will be more action oriented than past games though. I'm actually really excited about it.

Linkup

3DS has been slow in get DS franchises/series on it but slow is better than never. Great news and certainly reassuring. Announce Contra and we are in business Konami.

Ahasverus

Yay! more rumors!
As some of you may have seen Castlevania: Mirrors of Faith(3DS) got leaked earlier today, this news coincides with it. Castlevania: Mirrors of Faith will be shown with a Castlevania Lords of Shadows Sequel which is hinted for a PS3, Xbox 360, Vita, and Wii-U release. The Wii-U and 3DS Castlevania Titles are said to be Cross Compatible according to our source, which makes us ponder about the Cross Compatibly for Vita and PS3.The 3DS Version of Castlevania: Mirrors of Faith, will also feature Co-op play and will be a 2-D sidescrolling game.

JudgeN

Some Castlevania rumors:

Quote:
We have gotten word from our trusty source Geno, that we can be expecting more Castlevania reveals at E3. As some of you may have seen Castlevania: Mirrors of Faith(3DS) got leaked earlier today, this news coincides with it. Castlevania: Mirrors of Faith will be shown with a Castlevania Lords of Shadows Sequel which is hinted for a PS3, Xbox 360, Vita, and Wii-U release. The Wii-U and 3DS Castlevania Titles are said to be Cross Compatible according to our source, which makes us ponder about the Cross Compatibly for Vita and PS3.The 3DS Version of Castlevania: Mirrors of Faith, will also feature Co-op play and will be a 2-D sidescrolling game. We will give you more details as unveilings follow

http://www.dualpixels.com/profiles/b...revealed-at-e3

Alright this is what I want to happen, I'm all for a 3DS game but give me my LoS sequel on consoles please.

rozay

Banned
That's why everyone bashes you everywhere. Your batlant fanboyism is sick.
it's best to just stick him on your ignore list and move on, Dave cox and his team can do no wrong in his eyes. it's a shame you can't do that on other castlevania boards.

I at least hope he's getting money from konami for his efforts hahaha

KevinCow

Banned
Hopefully it's 2D or 2.5D Metroidvania style, and not a crappy God of War clone like LoS.

God, that game was bad. It was like they specifically set out to make God of War as clunky and unfun as possible.

The same as playing one on any other controller except with a persistent map in the middle.

Like I said, the bulkier the controller, the worse I am at playing fast paced action titles. If you guys don't have that problem, that's awesome, but I definitely do. I tried playing DMC4 on the 360 controller and it was not a pleasant experience.

Same with the DMC HD Collection. I just couldn't do it. Thankfully I managed Bayonetta a bit better, but I would have definitely went for the PS3 version if it weren't such a sad piece of shit port.

Top Bottom