• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate HD (3DS Port) Listed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yawnier

Banned
The demo for this game did not impress me at all, and judging from what Creamsugar or who else said in one of the NPD threads it sold extremely bad over here. Could be Konami trying to recoup any losses on it by putting it on other consoles to make more money, like Capcom and RE: Revelations.

Barakov

Gold Member
The demo for this game did not impress me at all, and judging from what Creamsugar or who else said in one of the NPD threads it sold extremely bad over here. Could be Konami trying to recoup any losses on it by putting it on other consoles to make more money, like Capcom and RE: Revelations.

This is most assuredly the case here.

Bedlam

Could be Konami trying to recoup any losses on it by putting it on other consoles to make more money, like Capcom and RE: Revelations.
More likely an HD version was always planned to begin with. A few months ago Cox accidently hinted at that in an interview:

He said: "We created everything in high definition - all the textures, all the levels, high-poly models, everything - and we kind of shrunk it all down into the 3DS.

"Then we lost bones from characters, you know, we dropped the resolution of the textures and everything to make it fit. At MercurySteam we have an HD version of the game sitting there in a computer somewhere."

Asked directly if the studio would consider an HD console version, Cox replied: "Absolutely, yeah. We would consider it."

"We want as many people to play it as possible. Obviously we have an exclusivity deal with Nintendo right now though and they've been very supportive of the product."

http://www.computerandvideogames.co...-would-absolutely-consider-mirror-of-fate-hd/

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
Fun game. As always, good production values and voice work from MS. First handheld Castlevania I was able (and happily) to complete since Dawn of Sorrow.

Though I don't know about an HD version, it's really lacking a key feature... the 3D usage on the 3DS version was phenomenal! I felt like I was playing in a diorama, with enemies and activities coming in from the back and foreground really well. Certainly made the castle feel more 'alive'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom