• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CastleVania Moonnight Rhapsody announced for Mobile from Konami & Shengqu Games

KOMANI

KOMANI
Leaked Testing Footage
"Moonnight Rhapsody" is a horizontal version of the real-time action mobile online game with a 19th century fantasy overhead Europe as the background. The player will play the role of Ives, a member of the Demon Hunter Guild. He received a guild mission to enter the monster castle to explore. With Leah the magician from the mage tower, and the brothers and sisters of Fidel and Flori from the hunter family. The four people cooperated and marched into the depths of the castle, rescued the trapped companions, defeated powerful enemies, saw through the conspiracy of monsters, and finally defeated the devil and his many servants, completed their mission, and regained peace for mankind.
Currently "Moonnight Rhapsody" is still under development and is expected to open for testing in 2020. Mobile phone users can make reservations through the official reservation station and WeChat and Weibo.

·About "Moonnight Rhapsody"

"Moonnight Rhapsody" is the latest work of a horizontal version of the adventure mobile game that inherits the world view of the Castlevania series and is independently developed by Shengqu Games and KONAMI. The game tells the story of many hunters in Europe in the middle and late nineteenth century, defeating the resurrected devil, destroying the evil castle, and achieving peace and development for mankind. "Moonnight Rhapsody" inherits the essence of Castlevania and is more in line with the operating habits of mobile phone users. It is a horizontal action game that can freely change combat weapons, freely choose heroes, and freely explore the world map.”

edit: first impressions from 7 months ago https://mmoculture.com/2019/12/code...pired-by-castlevania-is-actually-really-good/
A few gameplay elements really intrigued me during my time trying out the game. The whole map essentially takes place within the castle, with a “seamless big map” touted as one of Codename C’s main features. Basically, some areas of the map are locked until you reach the requirements, and players have to use the various teleport machines to head back and open up new areas. I can’t remember if Grimoire of Souls had a mini-map, but here it is helpful to watch out for suspicious areas which might contain treasure chests!

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

So, they shutdown the previous Castlevania mobile game to focus on this one more so? Maybe they felt more confident about it?

Man, who knows. Konami just fucking sucks, lmao.

Kamina

Golden Boy
Give it up guys, Konami doest care about Videogames anymore. They focus on Patchinko and Mobile crap.

DGrayson

Mod Team and Bat Team
Staff Member
"Historic and formerly revered Japanese/American company partners with chinese company to develop a mobile version of a previous flagship title, fans collectively yawn/are outraged".

Should just be a copy/paste thread title at this point.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
"Historic and formerly revered Japanese/American company partners with chinese company to develop a mobile version of a previous flagship title, fans collectively yawn/are outraged".

Should just be a copy/paste thread title at this point.
tbh i really really don't get bothered by this.
but every damn time konami does anything people lose their shit

where is my diablo mobile game?

Last edited:
I actually like the way castlevania: Moonnight Rhapsody Looks but I'm not into mobile games. I would've loved to see this release on consoles and PC.

CHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYNA!!!!

XMkyFAZ.jpg

Anyhow give me a break, Konami. Oh well, Bloodstained is the new Castlevania and I'm happy there and imo so I hope Iga goes milking that and I'll continue to support.

KOMANI

KOMANI
I actually like the way castlevania: Moonnight Rhapsody Looks but I'm not into mobile games. I would've loved to see this release on consoles and PC.
Im now seeing it marketed as Moonlight Rhapsody. Moon Night might have been a translation hiccup.

From what I’ve read, this project started last year without Konami. It was a CV clone. Instead of shutting it down, Konami lent them the CV license. It does look better than GOS. Best of luck.

Fbh

Didn't they cancel or shut down the last mobile Castlevania before it was even made available in most of the world?

this is quite different than the Grimoire of Souls, the other mobile game that's gonna get shut down in couple months.

GoS is just a bunch of short time attack dungeons that get repetitive super quickly because of the need to farm upgrade materials. There is lack of one big map so exploration and backtracking is non existent.

Watching the video, this looks like more closer to an actual Castlevania game, with a big map to explore, and NPCs that you can interact. There's even a minimap. I notice that the UI shows 3 types of objectives: story, exploration, and NPC quests.

Fucking Konami have to make this an mobile game

KOMANI

KOMANI
this is quite different than the Grimoire of Souls, the other mobile game that's gonna get shut down in couple months.

GoS is just a bunch of short time attack dungeons that get repetitive super quickly because of the need to farm upgrade materials. There is lack of one big map so exploration and backtracking is non existent.

Watching the video, this looks like more closer to an actual Castlevania game, with a big map to explore, and NPCs that you can interact. There's even a minimap. I notice that the UI shows 3 types of objectives: story, exploration, and NPC quests.

Fucking Konami have to make this an mobile game
It started off as a mobile game by Shengqu Games without Konami. They just lent them the license sometime this year.

Barakov

Gold Member
Leaked Testing Footage
"Moonnight Rhapsody" is a horizontal version of the real-time action mobile online game with a 19th century fantasy overhead Europe as the background. The player will play the role of Ives, a member of the Demon Hunter Guild. He received a guild mission to enter the monster castle to explore. With Leah the magician from the mage tower, and the brothers and sisters of Fidel and Flori from the hunter family. The four people cooperated and marched into the depths of the castle, rescued the trapped companions, defeated powerful enemies, saw through the conspiracy of monsters, and finally defeated the devil and his many servants, completed their mission, and regained peace for mankind.
Currently "Moonnight Rhapsody" is still under development and is expected to open for testing in 2020. Mobile phone users can make reservations through the official reservation station and WeChat and Weibo.

·About "Moonnight Rhapsody"

"Moonnight Rhapsody" is the latest work of a horizontal version of the adventure mobile game that inherits the world view of the Castlevania series and is independently developed by Shengqu Games and KONAMI. The game tells the story of many hunters in Europe in the middle and late nineteenth century, defeating the resurrected devil, destroying the evil castle, and achieving peace and development for mankind. "Moonnight Rhapsody" inherits the essence of Castlevania and is more in line with the operating habits of mobile phone users. It is a horizontal action game that can freely change combat weapons, freely choose heroes, and freely explore the world map.”

edit: first impressions from 7 months ago https://mmoculture.com/2019/12/code...pired-by-castlevania-is-actually-really-good/
No thanks. I'll stick to Bloodstained and the old games.

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
For a mobile game it looks really good and fun. I'll probably buy it for my iPad. But I wish they'd just license the IP out so we could have new current gen titles already.

Im now seeing it marketed as Moonlight Rhapsody. Moon Night might have been a translation hiccup.

From what I’ve read, this project started last year without Konami. It was a CV clone. Instead of shutting it down, Konami lent them the CV license. It does look better than GOS. Best of luck.
This is the first time I heard of the game. It was nice of Konami to not force the devs to shut the game down. The game looks good as both a Castlevania game and a Castlevania inspired game.

Is this the leak O Osiris talked about back then when we were still waiting for reveals? Phil bringing back Castlevania...man..the bullshit rumors we heard were much better than anything we got. (both sides)

Last edited:

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
New Castlevania game:
ed838c4ca9c54d07bebffda4bdc05637.gif

Chinese Mobile:
giphy.gif

to easily use a dpad
2D sidescrollers on mobile make sense, if it were a 3D action adventure type of game I'd understand. But with how much mobile graphics are evolving (they can run UE4 nowadays) and how they're the most popular gaming platforms... I don't know why people are upset.

Top Bottom