• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin preorder bonus.

Soul4ger

Is this old news? If so, ignore. But I just found out, and I thought it was awesome. If you preorder PoR in GameStop or EB, there's a bonus: a 20th Anniversary Compilation CD of Castlevania music. Konami's CD bonuses are great. :)

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
OH SHIT! Vampire Killer & Bloody Tears should be there right? If so, PRE-ORDER GET!

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
anyone knows what songs are going to be there?

anyway this is ****ing sweet!

I work at EB and haven't heard anything about it. I'm off today though, so it might've just got announced in the emails. Freaking awesome if true.

Jiggy

That's fantastic, yet... it's EB and Gamestop.

Do you get the CD when you pick up the game or pay for the preorder? I've gotta hope for the latter here.
Or that the preorder bonus later extends to other stores. >_>

Neomoto

Serieus question: Can I (from the Netherlands) pre-order and import the game with that awesome bonus cd? Or do you have to live in America (and have to get it at EB or Gamestop yourself?).

Snaku

Banned
Was just checking ebgames' website for confirmation, and I noticed they're taking pre-orders for a reprint of Dawn of Sorrow. If you haven't picked the game up yet, now's your chance.

Sagitario

I hope someone rips it... I doubt this pre-order bonus will be available where I live... :(

Snaku said:
Was just checking ebgames' website for confirmation, and I noticed they're taking pre-orders for a reprint of Dawn of Sorrow. If you haven't picked the game up yet, now's your chance.

Nice... it definitely deserves more sales :) ...

Aurora

Neomoto said:
Serieus question: Can I (from the Netherlands) pre-order and import the game with that awesome bonus cd? Or do you have to live in America (and have to get it at EB or Gamestop yourself?).
2nded.

jgkspsx

First non-cutout game I've bought in a while (or will buy for a while) from the evil empire. I can't say no to soundtracks, especially Castlevania ones.

bumpkin

Oh hell yeah it's a sweet incentive. I actually wasn't going to reserve the game, but once they told me about the soundtrack, I plunked down a deposit. It will go next to my SotN soundtrack with pride.

Soul4ger

You get the CD as soon as they get it in. It doesn't hurt to preorder, so you guarantee that the home office SENDS one of the bonuses to your store. Sometimes, if there aren't any orders, they don't bother to send the stuff 'cause it just gets thrown out. But they don't have the CDs in yet.

Symytry

Gigglepoo said:
Wait a second... when was Castlevania delayed until December? Bah!

Castlevania isn't the only date that changed...

Contact moved up a week to Oct 17th
Yggdra Union has moved into Nov 14th
Super Robot Taisen is now Nov 21st

Everything is so goddamn compressed its ridiculous. Atlus might as well just delay those GBA titles until spring now.

Soul4ger

Seriously, if you're choosing, willingly, to release a medium to small-scale title in November at some point, you clearly hate yourself.

luffeN

Neomoto said:

IIRC i couldnt order anything form there, i live in austria.. so i dont think they will ship to europe, but i could be wrong

Jiggy

Soul4ger said:
You get the CD as soon as they get it in. It doesn't hurt to preorder, so you guarantee that the home office SENDS one of the bonuses to your store. Sometimes, if there aren't any orders, they don't bother to send the stuff 'cause it just gets thrown out. But they don't have the CDs in yet.
Excellent. Then I'll preorder from EB/Gamestop, but actually buy the game at Best Buy so I don't have to support EB/GS and their markups in any way.

Symytry

Soul4ger said:
Seriously, if you're choosing, willingly, to release a medium to small-scale title in November at some point, you clearly hate yourself.

Super Robot Taisen and Yggdra union aren't even on the scale. They'll sell maybe 1000 copies each.

Sold!

Edit: I just tried preordering it from EBGames.com but they're refusing my credit card, it used to work in the past (sometimes), aarrgh! I want the soundtrack CD :(

I'm happy about the pushed back date, it'll come out right around finals week.

I mean, of course, I can wait until after finals for Christmas break to play it =)

firex

damn. I preordered this months ago before any announcement was made, solely because I figured it'd be hard to find if I didn't. I hope I get one of these CDs!

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Whoa, I didn't know about this! Awesome news, totally preordering, even if it's an extra $5.00

On a related note, can anyone suggest why the "main content" portion of EB and GS' websites won't load on any of my browsers (Firefox or IE 7)? They both only show the left, right, and top frames, but not the main content that's supposed to show in the middle.

Main pages, direct pages, miscellaneous product pages. Nothing shows up. I even tried disabling NoScript in FF. Of course, I have no such extension in IE, so I didn't think that was it regardless.

Do they charge your account as soon as you pre-order, or when the item(s) ship? I've ordered before, but never pre-ordered.

Top Bottom