• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Catholic Church's Peter's Pence charity only gives 10% towards the poor, the rest all goes to paying for the Vatican's administrative budget deficit

giphy.gif

I thought it was common knowledge that Catholic church is a scam.
People need to look up to me. I don't give anything to the church nor any donations to any institution.
I don't help anybody and don't expect people to help me.
I know I'm gonna burn in hell and I'm fine with it.

That is why I never give money to any charity organizations. If I have, I will walk myself to the closest charity and give away clothes I dont use anymore or if I see someone struggling, Id buy them some food. Most of these charity organizers live in big houses with fancy cars. Wonder how that happened? /s

Grinchy

Banned
I thought it was common knowledge that Catholic church is a scam.
People need to look up to me. I don't give anything to the church nor any donations to any institution.
I don't help anybody and don't expect people to help me.
I know I'm gonna burn in hell and I'm fine with it.
Helping people and caring about them is way more satisfying when it's real, and not some requirement for getting into the cloud holodeck after you die.

Continue seeing the truth about scam religions, but doing good things because you want to is pretty nice!

Well Catholics were never Christians in the first place at any point, but this is not surprising.

I mean the whole vatican/branches are falling apart with all these convictions with drugs and kids. Nothing is really being done about it so it's getting worse. The pope is completely inconsistent so that doesn't help things.

Catholics were the first Christians. for 1500 years after Christ there was only the Catholic church.

"And I tell you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of Hades will not overcome it."-Matthew 16:18

Christ founded the Catholic church with Peter as the first pope, and all other denominations are protestants who make up whatever they want about what the Bible means after the fact completely divorced from history. If Catholics are not Christians no one is.

"If god wants the pope to be rich and fuck my children, who am I to argue?"

This is not most Catholics. The fact that some Catholics, even those in positions of power do wrong does not mean that the Churches teachings are. We are all sinners. Additionally, you have a lot of kid fucking happening in public schools in protestant churches. The stats I've seen show it happens less in Catholic churches than all other organizations that have been studied. It is a problem, it does need to be addressed, but to pretend we don't care about it or we like these bad things is uncharitable to say the least. But bashing Catholics is oh so popular among edgetheists and Protestants who know nothing of the early Church history or Christianity in a historical context.

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
If you've ever been to European or South American cathedrals it's easy to understand why. They're ridiculously expensive. The ones in Lima are loaded with tens of millions in gold plundered from Incan temples of the sun.

As an American I didn't think about it too much as much catholic churches are more modest but walking in the one next to the palace in Lima it's like God damn and they built it hundreds of years ago when most buildings surrounding it were shacks. Giving to the poor my ass.

I wouldn't be surprised if non profit brands like Newman's Own gives a higher percentage lol.

Last edited:

Despera

Banned
It's a business.
Stagnant as of late though.

People just want to believe anything. Recently some guy with a few dumbass followers somehow became the next messiah where I live. The shit he says... And people cry and donate on demand.

Smarter dumbasses go on social media and get suckered into boosting virtue signals.

I feel like this stuff should've died a long time ago.

Bolivar687

Banned
Trojita Trojita 's thread title is fake misinformation. This investigation is about Peter's Pence, not the Catholic Church's giving to the poor in totality.

The Catholic Church is incontrovertibly the largest provider of education, health care, relief efforts and all around human services, not just in the world today, but in all of human history. The friars around the corner from me live in abject poverty while running a homeless shelter, a school for immigrants, and handing out food and water to homeless on the street every week.

If you’ve ever known a devout catholic you know they are totally ok with this.

I call horseshit. I have never heard a single traditionalist ever say anything good about the hierarchy's financial initiatives, least of all Peter's Pence.

ZombieTech

Neo Member
Sadly, and not defending this charity in any sense of the word, this is how most organized charities are and have been called out as such over the decades. Administrative, payroll, and stuff-their-pocket overhead fees. (Honestly, dunno if it's true or false about this particular charity, but it has been the case with so many others.)

It's why I've always believed in more direct impact.

Want to help animals? Go to local animal shelters and/or veterinarians and ask how you can help.

Want to help the homeless? Either go to local shelters and ask them how you can help or offer to volunteer. Alternatively (and I speak this from having worked in a traveling homeless shelter that set up in churches, as lead staff and admin, for five years, four of those years I was homeless myself) you can get pre-paid food gift cards like Subway, McDonalds, etc and give one to a homeless person when you encounter them, as well as blankets or pillows. Try to avoid cash or grocery/retail gift cards as they can help to possibly feed habits that potentially got them there in the first place.

Can also volunteer at soup kitchens and food banks (something I also do on occasion).

Want to make positive changes in your community? Write a letter to your congress-person(s) and don't just be angry but instead frame out a responsible and reasonable thinking perspective of why your suggestions make sense.

In this modern day we've become too ensnared in slacktivism and not actual activism. Be the change you want to see in the world... don't just say it, virtue-signal it, wish for it, or demand or wait for others to do it (like how most "raising awareness" is often sticking a flag in something and waiting for someone else to fix it)... instead, get out there and humbly do something to make the change a reality. :)

Last edited:

highrider

Banned
Trojita Trojita 's thread title is fake misinformation. This investigation is about Peter's Pence, not the Catholic Church's giving to the poor in totality.

The Catholic Church is incontrovertibly the largest provider of education, health care, relief efforts and all around human services, not just in the world today, but in all of human history. The friars around the corner from me live in abject poverty while running a homeless shelter, a school for immigrants, and handing out food and water to homeless on the street every week.

I call horseshit. I have never heard a single traditionalist ever say anything good about the hierarchy's financial initiatives, least of all Peter's Pence.

Yeah I would contend that The Vatican is probably the number one tourist destination for the devout catholic. To me that is very obvious support. As far as The Catholic Church as a whole...

Teslerum

Pretty much. THAT SAID we're still not great when it comes to actually utilizing said money. There's still waaaaaaaaay too much hoarding going on in certain places. We also have withdrawn from certain more *dangerous* missions.

Nondenomintional organization have sprung into that opening like for example Cru or AVC but theres still a lot to do. There also needs to be a larger amount of courage around again in the west for standing in for a christian's principles. I've met several converted muslims over the years. People that were symbolicaly buried by their family and have to fear death if they preach and help build communities in their home countries. Yet, they go back there without a single doubt. In comparison we often ignore a lot of necessary charity work in the west because A: Somebody could not like it or B: (even worse) it could inconvienience us.

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
Well, yea. Just look at the Catholic Church. Surprised it wasn't 99.999999999999% to overhead, stupid hats, and gold.

-Minsc-

Speaking of charities in general. I understand the need for skilled individuals to be fairly paid to manage them. The amount put toward overhead administration can easily be debated.

I go to a local church which meets in a movie theatre. Since they serve coffee and treats I typically give a buck or two. It's a public space where I'm guaranteed to meet a regular crowd of which I can socialize with. If I learn about and actually come to know Christ then that'll be cool. For the time being I'm going to hold off on giving any real amount of money. Instead, I'll see what volunteer opportunities they provide to help those in need and potentially put my time toward those. Over time, if I see they are largely about feeding the higher ups then I'll move on to some place different.

lol what?

They believe that Jesus died for our sins etc etc so why wouldn't that make them Christians?

The Devil also believes that as well, if you actually people actually read the darn book they would know what Christian actually meant and where the name came from in the first place. The catholic church is literally phony, 90+% of their doctrine has nothing to do with the Bible, they are the ones that have caused massive damaged with graven images and fake depictions, they are the ones that popularized the fake holidays that have no backing by scripture for their own benefits, they are the ones that ignored scriptural guidance and put the Pope in an unlawful position with tons of power, they are the ones that satirize elements like destroying demons by having an a cross around their neck thrown at it after praying to it (which is idolatry) or throwing teh "holy water" to destroy demons. They have unbiblical church ranks and nuns still don't make sense to this day, they have also influences 80+% of the protestants doctrine despite them being "protestants" most of those "denominations" (which aren't supposed to exist) still share the same doctrines 80+% of the time. They are the ones that removed books out of the scriptures. So much more.

They literally should just be some cult with their own book instead of the book they constantly ignore, and because the average person is dumb (no offense) people will believe anything the "pastors" or "claimed scholars" say yet the "scholars" apparently read the whole book multiple times but happen to either be too dumb to comprehend or intentionally ignore parts of it.

This notion everyone can become a christian by "believing in Christ and his death for sins" is not backed up and is garbage and contradicts multiple passages, that's never been what and why Christians came to be, people usually make things up, that's why you have so many desperate people giving pastors money to justify their actions, some of them atheist bible scholars, they'll say "oh we are under grace you ca do whatever you want" or "as long as you ask for forgiveness (regardless of sincerity) you'll be forgiven" which is nonsense, many Catholics and Protestants will usually try to justify bad deeds by making up passages or taking words out of context, because they want their audience to still give them money and will usually say "oh that's the old testament" so that people believe they can do whatever, yet keep the tithing law which is from the old testament, which is also being used incorrectly. It's funny.

But so much damage for so long was prophesied, only 1/3 is going to make it in the end. Also explains why so much strange and weird shit is happening and enveloping much of the world atm. Man is not expected to let go of what they are used to, it's easier just to ask for justification while blaspheming Christ.

Catholics were the first Christians. for 1500 years after Christ there was only the Catholic church.

"And I tell you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of Hades will not overcome it."-Matthew 16:18

Christ founded the Catholic church with Peter as the first pope, and all other denominations are protestants who make up whatever they want about what the Bible means after the fact completely divorced from history. If Catholics are not Christians no one is.

Please tell me where in any scripture did Jesus use the word catholic? He didn't, not it wasn't the first "church" and no Peter was not the pope, the Catholic church "decided" that he was the pope" and based their doctrine not based on any scripture in the bible that the Catholic church started there, I'm sure there's a made up defense for the delusion Jesus was born in Dec.25th as well, but that's not backed by scripture, which regardless of the calendar you use wasn't in December, and we never got a day, so it's all made up. Just like the belief that only one church is blessed,t he church that constantly ignores scripture and does the opposite of what Peter did multiple ties. Strange ain't it?

Again there's a reason why 2/3rds aren't making it. Man's tradition is too important they must justify their changes through lies. So things will continue to get worse until people realize that, and most won't. Hence why the pope are pastors in other churches are often considered "infallible" which is as Biden would say "malarkey".

Peter never even WENT to Rome, so we just got a European Based Catholic Church out of thins air. Peter also directly disagrees with being the head of the church (he says Christ) while also never talking about the palpacy or pope position when teaching about church structure.

1 Corinthians 10:1-4 ...'Moreover, brethren, I would not that ye should be ignorant, how that all our fathers were under the cloud, and all passed through the sea; And were all baptized unto Moses in the cloud and in the sea; And did all eat the same spiritual meat; And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ.'

Even the "old testament" (another there are no separate testaments and weren't any until much later in Europe) also mentions who the "rock" is.

Also this:

"Thus saith the LORD, Learn not the way of the heathen, and be not dismayed at the signs of heaven; for the heathen are dismayed at them. 3* For the customs of the people are vain: for one cutteth a tree out of the forest, the work of the hands of the workman, with the axe. 4* They deck it with silver and with gold; they fasten it with nails and with hammers, that it move not. 5 They are upright as the palm tree, but speak not: they must needs be borne, because they cannot go. Be not afraid of them; for they cannot do evil, neither also is it in them to do good."

But I suspect that men will continue to ignore such things and will pretend my post doesn't matter because they are so used to their routine trith has no relevance, so please expect more deaths, more sexual ills in the "catholic" and "Protestant" churches, more lying and manipulation for money, and this weird believe anyone can be a Christian at any time with no sincerity, which would of course include the Transgenders and drag queens trying to brainwash kids and get them on hormone at an early age getting irreversible side-effects. Such a theory basically calls those Chirstians as well which doesn't make sense based on those actions.

Things will get worse and people will cling learning no lessons, it doesn't take much effort to actually read though, maybe some of this weird stuff may slow down or stop if people who believe in the Scriptures actually tried to follow at least 10% of the book, barely no one can even do that.

Like I said this was already foretold, 2/3rds gotta go.

Gargus

Banned
NEVER I mean EVER donate money to anything except to directly to the organization itself. Like if you see a charity even for say something like st judes hospital for kids do not give them even a penny of that money, instead give it directly to st judes hospital yourself. Even something as like a walk for cancer, or a 10k run for autism or whatever shouldn't ever be done.

People do not understand anytime you do something like that only a small portion of the money actually goes to the charity itself. They will say "we raised over 2 million are for the homeless!!!!!" But they dont tell you that they have to pay organizers, the people who were directors of the even, tshirts, cups, drinks, food, space/tent rental, TV and print advertising for the event, transportation of people and equipment, and so on all come out of that 2 million dollars first. The motto of "nothing is free" is 100% true, everything has to be paid for one way or another.

And the church is like any other organization, they survive on money and their job is to get it. Just because you're a church doesn't mean you aren't crooked and greedy. If you believe the church is pure and holy and only has the goodwill of the world in its heart then I have some ocean front property I'll sell you in Ohio dirt cheap.

Want to help the poor then donate clothes, money or food to your local homeless shelter or free store foodbank and fuck God and his merry band of phonies because they dont need to be a middle man so they can skim their cut.

Bolivar687

Banned
The Devil also believes that as well, if you actually people actually read the darn book they would know what Christian actually meant and where the name came from in the first place. The catholic church is literally phony, 90+% of their doctrine has nothing to do with the Bible, they are the ones that have caused massive damaged with graven images and fake depictions, they are the ones that popularized the fake holidays that have no backing by scripture for their own benefits, they are the ones that ignored scriptural guidance and put the Pope in an unlawful position with tons of power, they are the ones that satirize elements like destroying demons by having an a cross around their neck thrown at it after praying to it (which is idolatry) or throwing teh "holy water" to destroy demons. They have unbiblical church ranks and nuns still don't make sense to this day, they have also influences 80+% of the protestants doctrine despite them being "protestants" most of those "denominations" (which aren't supposed to exist) still share the same doctrines 80+% of the time. They are the ones that removed books out of the scriptures. So much more.

They literally should just be some cult with their own book instead of the book they constantly ignore, and because the average person is dumb (no offense) people will believe anything the "pastors" or "claimed scholars" say yet the "scholars" apparently read the whole book multiple times but happen to either be too dumb to comprehend or intentionally ignore parts of it.

This notion everyone can become a christian by "believing in Christ and his death for sins" is not backed up and is garbage and contradicts multiple passages, that's never been what and why Christians came to be, people usually make things up, that's why you have so many desperate people giving pastors money to justify their actions, some of them atheist bible scholars, they'll say "oh we are under grace you ca do whatever you want" or "as long as you ask for forgiveness (regardless of sincerity) you'll be forgiven" which is nonsense, many Catholics and Protestants will usually try to justify bad deeds by making up passages or taking words out of context, because they want their audience to still give them money and will usually say "oh that's the old testament" so that people believe they can do whatever, yet keep the tithing law which is from the old testament, which is also being used incorrectly. It's funny.

But so much damage for so long was prophesied, only 1/3 is going to make it in the end. Also explains why so much strange and weird shit is happening and enveloping much of the world atm. Man is not expected to let go of what they are used to, it's easier just to ask for justification while blaspheming Christ.

Please tell me where in any scripture did Jesus use the word catholic? He didn't, not it wasn't the first "church" and no Peter was not the pope, the Catholic church "decided" that he was the pope" and based their doctrine not based on any scripture in the bible that the Catholic church started there, I'm sure there's a made up defense for the delusion Jesus was born in Dec.25th as well, but that's not backed by scripture, which regardless of the calendar you use wasn't in December, and we never got a day, so it's all made up. Just like the belief that only one church is blessed,t he church that constantly ignores scripture and does the opposite of what Peter did multiple ties. Strange ain't it?

Again there's a reason why 2/3rds aren't making it. Man's tradition is too important they must justify their changes through lies. So things will continue to get worse until people realize that, and most won't. Hence why the pope are pastors in other churches are often considered "infallible" which is as Biden would say "malarkey".

Peter never even WENT to Rome, so we just got a European Based Catholic Church out of thins air. Peter also directly disagrees with being the head of the church (he says Christ) while also never talking about the palpacy or pope position when teaching about church structure.

Even the "old testament" (another there are no separate testaments and weren't any until much later in Europe) also mentions who the "rock" is.

Also this:

"Thus saith the LORD, Learn not the way of the heathen, and be not dismayed at the signs of heaven; for the heathen are dismayed at them. 3* For the customs of the people are vain: for one cutteth a tree out of the forest, the work of the hands of the workman, with the axe. 4* They deck it with silver and with gold; they fasten it with nails and with hammers, that it move not. 5 They are upright as the palm tree, but speak not: they must needs be borne, because they cannot go. Be not afraid of them; for they cannot do evil, neither also is it in them to do good."

But I suspect that men will continue to ignore such things and will pretend my post doesn't matter because they are so used to their routine trith has no relevance, so please expect more deaths, more sexual ills in the "catholic" and "Protestant" churches, more lying and manipulation for money, and this weird believe anyone can be a Christian at any time with no sincerity, which would of course include the Transgenders and drag queens trying to brainwash kids and get them on hormone at an early age getting irreversible side-effects. Such a theory basically calls those Chirstians as well which doesn't make sense based on those actions.

Things will get worse and people will cling learning no lessons, it doesn't take much effort to actually read though, maybe some of this weird stuff may slow down or stop if people who believe in the Scriptures actually tried to follow at least 10% of the book, barely no one can even do that.

Sax, is that you?

Yeah I would contend that The Vatican is probably the number one tourist destination for the devout catholic. To me that is very obvious support. As far as The Catholic Church as a whole...

Your logic does not work. Pilgrimages to the first Christian communities does not denote support for Peter's Pence.

Pretty much. THAT SAID we're still not great when it comes to actually utilizing said money. There's still waaaaaaaaay too much hoarding going on in certain places. We also have withdrawn from certain more *dangerous* missions.

Nondenomintional organization have sprung into that opening like for example Cru or AVC but theres still a lot to do. There also needs to be a larger amount of courage around again in the west for standing in for a christian's principles. I've met several converted muslims over the years. People that were symbolicaly buried by their family and have to fear death if they preach and help build communities in their home countries. Yet, they go back there without a single doubt. In comparison we often ignore a lot of necessary charity work in the west because A: Somebody could not like it or B: (even worse) it could inconvienience us.

Regarding the first part, that's why I believe corporal works of mercy should be done entirely at the local level, due to my contrast above of my local friars against Peter's Pence. The Pope should serve solely to confirm his brothers in the faith and correct errors. I'm okay with pilgrimages to Fatima and stuff like World Youth Day, because that visibility was a great counter against secularism in the time of JPII. But all this other stuff has to stop, because it only gets in the way of his true role, the defense of the faith.

I also agree we need to be much more on fire with our faith. So much about the new mass does not inspire and too many of the bishops are not willing to teach but only to placate and pander. We need to return to Benedict XVI's project of purifying a smaller Church that can organically evangelize and grow.

'Charitable Organizations' will always have a much higher overhead than individual charities, which all have overheads of their own. Charities are just like government, best when small and local. Understand that charity and volunteerism are two vastly different things, people who work at non-profits as their full time profession still need to get paid if you want these organizations to exist in the first place.

You're alright Catholics, I understand the cost of doing business. That last statement was not a slight, there is no way the Catholic Church could operate without those funds.

Teslerum

Sax, is that you?

Your logic does not work. Pilgrimages to the first Christian communities does not denote support for Peter's Pence.

Regarding the first part, that's why I believe corporal works of mercy should be done entirely at the local level,

Yes and no. It needs to start and be focused at a local level. That's true. And I can actually assure you that every successful (as in actually accomplishes something) international christian project is fully aware of this. Because it let's you see what you effectivly can do for people and it lets you work with locals and have them lead and execute said projects without falling into the abyss of power (trying to start your own little kingdom). And most of all this is support, nothing else . Every international project you begin should in the end be carried by locals, both on a personal level and financially. We're all one church, and we do need to support each other in what we are lacking. Emphasis on lacking.

Wait a part of that was wrong, Your work needs to start in your own family.

Last edited:

#Phonepunk#

Banned
At least is 10% and helps a bit, it could be 0%.....
this is a point i brought up earlier. Marvel makes billions of dollars and donates very little. people need to look at things in perspective. you say the word religion and they lose their minds. look at the facts. look at profit, how much people make, how much they donate.

for instance Disney is considered a progressive company. wouldn't you think their charity giving is higher than the mean old Catholic Church?

their revenue for 2018 was 59.43 billion U.S. dollars.

how much did they give in charity in 2018? "more than $332.8 million"

that is not even 1 percent of yearly revenue!

so, perspective!!!

Last edited:

dionysus

Yaldog
This is just Peter's pence, it goes directly to the Vatican. There are thousands of Catholic charities, many of them with some of the lowest administrative costs in the business. This is a miniscule total of total Catholic charity work.

Peters Pence doesn't even come close to the largest US based Catholic charities, which are St. Jude's, Catholic Charities USA, Catholic Medical Mission Board, and Catholic Relief Services.

Last edited:

Rest

All these years later I still chuckle at what a fucking moron that guy is.
this is a point i brought up earlier. Marvel makes billions of dollars and donates very little. people need to look at things in perspective. you say the word religion and they lose their minds. look at the facts. look at profit, how much people make, how much they donate.

for instance Disney is considered a progressive company. wouldn't you think their charity giving is higher than the mean old Catholic Church?

their revenue for 2018 was 59.43 billion U.S. dollars.
You keep saying that, and it keeps being an idiotic comparison. Marvel is not a non profit. It isn't a charity. It is a business and doesn't pretend to be anything other than an entity to make it's owners money. The same is true of Disney. The Catholic church claims to be a non profit and a charity. Quit making inane comparisons.

Also this:

The word Catholic was used by the Romans to describe them, because it was unusual that they had a universal teaching among such a disparate group of peoples. This word was used in letters as early as 110 AD. The word Pope is basically slang, yes the exact words Catholic and Pope weren't used, these were words later used to describe particular things that were in existence in the New Testament.

It sounds like you don't believe in the Bible, or if you do you won't go into detail about what denomination you are. Can I ask when you think the Catholic church appeared in history and how it came about? Also, how is it that it came about that apparently it appeared way after the fact out of thin air, and tomorrow night in India, Africa, in Europe, in Asia, and in the Americas the same verses will be read at mass?

Edit: If I'm reading you correctly you seem misinformed, the Catholic Bible has more books in it than most protestant Bibles, most of those extra books being in the old testament and primarily explain the history leading up to the new testament.

Second Edit: Upon further reading you are simply misinformed. You can't just ask for forgiveness halfheartedly. You receive individual judgement after death, if you don't sincerely repent any mortal sin God will judge you for it. You are also expected to make some form of penance assuming you don't die like 5 minutes after sincerely asking for forgiveness. For further reading on the subject,

Last edited:
The word Catholic was used by the Romans to describe them, because it was unusual that they had a universal teaching among such a disparate group of peoples. This word was used in letters as early as 110 AD.

This is partially inaccurate and irrelevant to your argument since my claim was that it wasn't the first church (true) and while Jesus was alive no one used the word.

It sounds like you don't believe in the Bible, or if you do you won't go into detail about what denomination you are.

If you actually read the bible you'd know there aren't supposed to be denominations.

Edit: If I'm reading you correctly you seem misinformed, the Catholic Bible has more books in it than most protestant Bibles, most of those extra books being in the old testament and primarily explain the history leading up to the new testament.

Your reading comprehension is bad, I never said the protestant bibles had more books (where did you even get that from?), I only mentioned the FACT that the Catholics removed books that were originally apart of the holy scriptures.

This is partially inaccurate and irrelevant to your argument since my claim was that it wasn't the first church (true) and while Jesus was alive no one used the word.

If you actually read the bible you'd know there aren't supposed to be denominations.

Your reading comprehension is bad, I never said the protestant bibles had more books (where did you even get that from?), I only mentioned the FACT that the Catholics removed books that were originally apart of the holy scriptures.

So what church was first? Show it to me. Show me the Bible with the Holy scriptures the Catholics removed. When did Catholics appear. I don't think you believe in God, or at least you aren't a Christian, and you seem to purposely avoid stating what your religious belief is. I think you are purposely doing this because you fear no one would take you seriously if they knew what your beliefs are. Are you Muslim? If so which denomination.

MaestroMike

Gold Member
Church's main mission is to spread the message of God and help bring people together & feel fulfilled spiritually & be good people. That costs money. Some money is better than no money.

Show me the Bible with the Holy scriptures the Catholics removed.

I don't think you believe in Catholics, or at least you aren't Catholic. And you seem to be unintentionally ignorant and dumb about something you care about which is why you think that the Catholics didn't remove books despite the Catholics admitting for centuries they removed books.

You already showed poor reading comprehension already buy lying about me stating that I said the protestant Bible had more books or something, based on nothing.

Also the scriptures don't back denomination, denominations are man made, with their own different rules for each one, which also contradicts scripture, you should really actually try reading the Bible for once in your life before you make yourself look like an idiot. Especially when you don't even know what you're own "denomination" supports and does, like removing books. Maybe you went to fake Catholic school were they teach the opposite of what the Pope and priests say? One of the easiest things to look up as well, are you sure you're Catholic? Are you Muslim? If so which denomination?

I don't think you believe in Catholics, or at least you aren't Catholic. And you seem to be unintentionally ignorant and dumb about something you care about which is why you think that the Catholics didn't remove books despite the Catholics admitting for centuries they removed books.

You already showed poor reading comprehension already buy lying about me stating that I said the protestant Bible had more books or something, based on nothing.

Also the scriptures don't back denomination, denominations are man made, with their own different rules for each one, which also contradicts scripture, you should really actually try reading the Bible for once in your life before you make yourself look like an idiot. Especially when you don't even know what you're own "denomination" supports and does, like removing books. Maybe you went to fake Catholic school were they teach the opposite of what the Pope and priests say? One of the easiest things to look up as well, are you sure you're Catholic? Are you Muslim? If so which denomination?

I asked you first, what do you believe? Are you Muslim, Jewish, atheist?

You might be slower than the average cabbage.

Also nice job dodging all those points and not addressing them.

You have been dodging my points and not addressing them or explaining what your position is. I don't care if you think I'm mentally slow, but the fact that you would say that makes me think you are not Christian. If you really think I'm dumb you should have sympathy. My bible doesn't have the part about only being interested in the souls of 200 plus IQ big brains. The last I checked we were supposed to care for those less fortunate than ourselves. Show me compassion by letting me know what you believe to be the one true faith, maybe I'm wrong and you will convert me.

You have been dodging my points and not addressing them or explaining what your position is. I don't care if you think I'm mentally slow, but the fact that you would say that makes me think you are not Christian. .

You can think all the false doctrine you want, but you haven't made a single-point yet, I called out your statement from before, you have yet to address a single point I've made toward you across multiple-posts, instead you ignore the posts and then ask me a dumb question about my "denomination" or "position" despite it being said multiple times and irrelevant to the argument, which s based on false catholic doctrine. Maybe you should actually read my posts and address them instead of dodging and continuing to not defend the talking points you claim are correct. Maybe you wouldn't be as lost?

Let's start with something simple, like say, your lack of knowledge of the Catholics removing books despite it being well known and admitted. I find that strange, but according to you, they didn't remove any books, so maybe you can explain why you believe that despite it being admitted? Then you can address the numerous other point I said that you've been dodging.

You can think all the false doctrine you want, but you haven't made a single-point yet, I called out your statement from before, you have yet to address a single point I've made toward you across multiple-posts, instead you ignore the posts and then ask me a dumb question about my "denomination" or "position" despite it being said multiple times and irrelevant to the argument, which s based on false catholic doctrine. Maybe you should actually read my posts and address them instead of dodging and continuing to not defend the talking points you claim are correct. Maybe you wouldn't be as lost?

Let's start with something simple, like say, your lack of knowledge of the Catholics removing books despite it being well known and admitted. I find that strange, but according to you, they didn't remove any books, so maybe you can explain why you believe that despite it being admitted? Then you can address the numerous other point I said that you've been dodging.

Show me the original Bible that Catholics supposedly removed books from. I've been asking for that, and you've been ignoring it. I will accept Amazon links or the name of the translation as answers.

Last edited:
Show me the original Bible that Catholics supposedly removed books from.

So you're not going to actually address multiple points, just play games. Amazon? Really?

Takes less than a few seconds to see that Catholics removed books from the scriptures, you sure you're Catholic? This is the poorest defense I've seen yet.

So you're not going to actually address multiple points, just play games. Amazon? Really?

Takes less than a few seconds to see that Catholics removed books from the scriptures, you sure you're Catholic? This is the poorest defense I've seen yet.

Point to the bible Catholics removed scriptures from. You can't do it.

Point to the bible Catholics removed scriptures from. You can't do it.

So you aren't a Catholic. Don't even know your own doctrine about taking books out. Also still playing games and not addressing other points.

Also why are you using random alt account with nearly the same name in this thread?

So you aren't a Catholic. Don't even know your own doctrine about taking books out. Also still playing games and not addressing other points.

Also why are you using random alt account with nearly the same name in this thread?

I only remember signing up for one account, but apparently I only use one account on my phone and the other when im on my pc. You can't point to a bible the the Catholics took books put of. If you had receipts you would provide them.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
I only remember signing up for one account, but apparently I only use one account on my phone and the other when im on my pc. You can't point to a bible the the Catholics took books put of. If you had receipts you would provide them.

Merged your accounts for you.

Top Bottom