• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cave Story 3DS: June 28th in the US!

vareon

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Nuclear Muffin said:
3DS import justified already!

Likewise. With this, Steel Diver, plus Devil Survivor Overclocked, the US software library is already more healthy than the EU one.

AniHawk

even though it's three months away, that happened pretty soon. can't believe it was just december they were talking about it.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Ocarina of Time 3D, Cave Story and Mercenaries 3D all in June.

Great month for the 3DS, that will be.

Jucksalbe said:
Is this 3D only or can you switch to the normal 2D graphics?

Having the slider all the way down turns off 3D on any 3DS title

edit - oh, you mean the other 3D. Damn this confusing future world!!!

Mafro

KennyLinder said:
Really??!
Haha no I was just joking. I'm still bitter about the ridiculous 6 month WiiWare delay which led to me losing interest in buying it when it finally came out here. See also: DSiWare version if we ever get it. I hope there's not a similar situation with this one.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
Xater said:
So is this a E-Shop thing or a retail release?
Retail, and the boxart is pretty horrible :(

Cyntec said:
let's prey it's not region locked... otherwise this handheld is gonna pissing me off
Retail 3DS games are region locked.

Xater

Jocchan said:
Retail, and the boxart is pretty horrible :(

Then I guess someone will pick it up for Europe. I have not played any version of Cave Story yet, so this would probably a be cool for me.

Xater

SpacePirate Ridley said:
Cave Story 3D developers were presenting the game in a 3DS presentation they did in Spain. So its probably coming to europe too.

Hopefully it doesn't take too long, it would really suck to be already stuck with shitty late releases so early.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Jocchan said:
Retail 3DS games are region locked.

Not for certain. They are so far, but Nintendo has left itself some wiggle room on it's 3DS packaging saying different region games may not work. They already made the Western Pokemon Black/White region-free, they could do the same again. Seems like it's a publisher decision and not something that's mandated, though it's best to assume that they will all be locked.

Xater

Ushojax said:
Not for certain. They are so far, but Nintendo has left itself some wiggle room on it's 3DS packaging saying different region games may not work. They already made the Western Pokemon Black/White region-free, they could do the same again. Seems like it's a publisher decision and not something that's mandated, though it's best to assume that they will all be locked.

Would be awesome if true. The Atlus should make all their games region free. ;)

Jucksalbe

Banned
_dementia said:
You can get the original game on DSiWare

Maybe you can, but I can't (for now).

But it's not like I don't like the new 3D look, but it would be nice to have the option, especially since I don't have any other version of the game (well, except for the free PC version).

Kindawant.

Have any of the Nicalis Cave Story ports released in Japan yet actually? It'd be weird if Pixel couldn't download his own game?

This is basically a enhanced 3D/2.5D remake of the original, right, kind of like Metroid Zero Mission? Or is it a whole new adventure?

Anyway, I'm excited. June may be the day I finally pick up my 3DS!

TheFLYINGManga_Ka said:
This is basically a enhanced 3D/2.5D remake of the original, right, kind of like Metroid Zero Mission? Or is it a whole new adventure?

Anyway, I'm excited. June may be the day I finally pick up my 3DS!
It's more like Mario All-Stars than Zero Mission. Just a visual remake.

-PXG-

Super, OoT, Paper Mario and this? Well shit. I might have to get one of these fuckers sooner than later. Fuck.

I just want to know if the original is on the cart as an unlockable. The 2.5D graphics don't really do it for me, but I'd consider grabbing a copy if I could pick and choose which version to play.

GrotesqueBeauty said:
I just want to know if the original is on the cart as an unlockable. The 2.5D graphics don't really do it for me, but I'd consider grabbing a copy if I could pick and choose which version to play.
It should be, but I don't think it will because the original is already on DSiWare.

They may have a promotion, maybe like a free download code for the original, if you buy a limited edition.

syoaran

Merovin said:
Being in Europe makes me cry. Should have imported. :'(

I'm going to be watching release dates closely this year, if its a fail train then I'm switching to a US machine...

ToD_

It would be nice if they could include the original version, considering the 3DS screens have the exact native resolution of the original game (well, if the top screen is used it will have black borders on each side).

D

Deleted member 20415

Unconfirmed Member
I wish they would fix the DSi Ware version before they did this version. That thing chugs and slows down and has weird issues all the time.

I think it's pretty unplayable and I've played both the PC version and the WiiWare one.

maeda

Wasn't it supposed to be a budget release? Just checked on Amazon, 40$... I am not going to pay 40$ for it, sorry...

Aru

Well, if the DSiWare version is available for 3DS owners (it should...) and the amount of new content is barely above zero, not worth 40$ yeah.
The game is still free on PC and PSP (homebrew) AFAIK.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
Cyntec said:
it's up to the publisher to release the game region locked or not
I'll believe this when the first region free game gets released.

Top Bottom