• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CBC is releasing a documentary on child drag queens, how is this allowed??

spsWWGX.jpg

fUEEQfP.jpg

What are your thoughts?

HUELEN10

There is nothing wrong with wearing what you want, and there is nothing wrong with gender non-conformity.

I am a non-binary queer weirdo myself, and I unashamedly identify myself such because it’s true.

Kids, like adults, can be queer.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with being a queer person.

There is absolute nothing wrong on acting in a gender-nonconformist matter.

There is, however, something incredibly disturbing about CHILDREN doing shit like this, because these are CHILDREN sexualizing themselves in the name of expression. This absolutely should not be encouraged. There are ways to express one's identity or non-conformity without being inherently sexual. Kids are not adults, and the adults acting as their guardians should be ashamed for encouraging this sexualization of possibly vulnerable queer youth.

I know some will hate me for saying it, but I don’t care, because I care about queer kids too much to stay silent. My mother taught me that god created all the colors for everyone and let me enjoy my tea parties with my teddies in peace. If I ever showed signs of wanting to do shit like this, she would have said it was not appropriate and would have guided me towards age appropriate activities, as a good parent should.

It’s like parents don’t know the difference between being supportive and nuturing thier minds as opposed to letting kids do what they want and being influenced by everyone with no restraint. It’s a madhouse, and it will end up with cases of hurting the most vulnerable queer youth at the end of the day.

Encouraging the sexualization of children is absolutely disgusting. Let children be children for god's sake. Encourage children to be children. God, I swear some of the people encouraging this care more about queer exposure than their kid's childhoods.

Last edited:

Azurro

Banned
I'd be horrified, buuuut, and saying this as someone that loves Canada...it's Canada, what do you expect?

cr0w

Old Member
By allowing shit like this to become accepted or even commonplace, the far left is directly contributing to the rise of far-right ideals in younger people due to the sheer amount of WTF this produces and their only response is to jerk the wheel as hard as they can in the opposite direction. I'm a fairly liberal (for my age and demographic) dude, and quite frankly don't give a shit who does what in general, but even I can see just how harmful this type of shit is.

TrainedRage

Banned
Take these kids away from the parents. Clearly letting your CHILD DECIDE what gender they are is dangerous parenting. Especially considering the mortality rate in the Trans community.

If you are injecting a child with hormones to change their sex you are not fit to parent. You are letting your CHILD parent themselves anyways... They don't need you.

cryptoadam

Banned
They can be gay or whatever they want thats up to these kids.

But normalizing the sexualization of children is not something I want my tax payer dollars going towards.

The drag community needs to look at itself and really ask themselves if having tweens and pre teens caking themselves in make up and dancing around in sexually suggestive ways is the image they want to put out for themselves.

For those who don't know the CBC is Canada's public broadcaster. Its free to everyone in Canada.

Ol'Scratch

I think the issue here is not the drag queen part. I think the issue here is showing and presentation. Child pageants are something that need to be actively and aggressively eradicated. Anything objectifying these children and that can result in building up mental stigma. As Huelen said children need to be first and always encouraged to be kids. When they are older more power to them.

iconmaster

Banned
Now we know exactly when the backlash begins -- when these kids are old enough to understand what was done to them.

Papa

Banned
Take these kids away from the parents. Clearly letting your CHILD DECIDE what gender they are is dangerous parenting. Especially considering the mortality rate in the Trans community.

If you are injecting a child with hormones to change their sex you are not fit to parent. You are letting your CHILD parent themselves anyways... They don't need you.

You reckon they’re letting the child decide or the child is saying what they think the parents want to hear?

timeflais

Banned
There was a time that religious fundamentalists were ridiculed for saying it was a slippery slope from the gay community delving into pedophilia.
This isnt the first time, and it wont be the last. Last known case had a child drag queen strip for gay men throwing money on stage?
Ask yourself an honest question.
Is the lgbt community larger in modern times because there is a platform for people who have always been that way to now be honest? Or rather the transformation of people's psyches is manufactured?
The children in that video do not know what they are saying.
"Entertainment"
If manufactured, who is financing this construction?
Start with the recent arrest with Jeffery Epstein.
Trafficked children.
Who used him as a service?
How high does the power structure go?
The war for your mind is real.

I saw a lot of people defending this on Twitter not long ago by comparing it to child beauty pageants. But those suck too, so...? If we can't universally get behind not sexualizing children idk where to go from there. Pushing for drag kids to be a mainstream part of LGBT culture/advocacy is a mistake.

Not that I can recall a child beauty pageant where contestants do a strip tease for an audience of adults throwing money at them, but yeah...

Winter John

There was a time that religious fundamentalists were ridiculed for saying it was a slippery slope from the gay community delving into pedophilia.
This isnt the first time, and it wont be the last. Last known case had a child drag queen strip for gay men throwing money on stage?
Ask yourself an honest question.
Is the lgbt community larger in modern times because there is a platform for people who have always been that way to now be honest? Or rather the transformation of people's psyches is manufactured?
The children in that video do not know what they are saying.
"Entertainment"
If manufactured, who is financing this construction?
Start with the recent arrest with Jeffery Epstein.
Trafficked children.
Who used him as a service?
How high does the power structure go?
The war for your mind is real.

You sound normal as fuck son.

flat,550x550,075,f.u1.jpg

Is it really a surprise that this is what happens when you allow children in the lgbt community? Any queer kid will look at that community and think this is the normal way to express themselves as part of that group. I don't even think there's anything else for them to do.

iconmaster

Banned
Is it really a surprise that this is what happens when you allow children in the lgbt community? Any queer kid will look at that community and think this is the normal way to express themselves as part of that group. I don't even think there's anything else for them to do.

You keep telling kids it’s cool to be gay or transgender or non-binary and eventually they’re going to want to try it, regardless of any innate inclinations.

It’s passé to simply be a boy or girl, man or woman. Gender obliteration is today’s rock and roll.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Why is the OP allowed to make openly homophobic threads? I'm reporting this to twitter!

Dr.Guru of Peru

played the long game
What?

I mean, the sexualization is disgusting - but heterosexuals have been doing this to their children for decades.

haxan7

Volunteered as Tribute
It’s fine, leave them alone.

No one in these videos are having their bodies permanently altered or their lives irredeemably changed by the things in these videos. If they want to say it was a silly part of their childhood when they grow up, the average reasonable hiring manager or admittance committee is not going to begrudge them that.

If they want to keep identifying that way when they become adults, they’re fine because they aren’t hurting anyone.

brap

Banned
It’s fine, leave them alone.

No one in these videos are having their bodies permanently altered or their lives irredeemably changed by the things in these videos. If they want to say it was a silly part of their childhood when they grow up, the average reasonable hiring manager or admittance committee is not going to begrudge them that.

If they want to keep identifying that way when they become adults, they’re fine because they aren’t hurting anyone.
I wonder what the chances are these kids got sexually abused. But nah it's probably fine. The kids acting out in sexual ways is just normal.

Kagey K

Banned
What?

I mean, the sexualization is disgusting - but heterosexuals have been doing this to their children for decades.
For the record I think child pageants are just as disgusting.

I don’t get why people can’t just let kids be kids. All this garbage seems more like validation for the parents and they don’t consider the impact it has on the kid.

Honey Boo Boo is a perfect example of this.

brap

Banned
Honey Boo Boo is a perfect example of this.
Speaking of sexual abuse...
In an exclusive interview with "Entertainment Tonight" to begin airing Thursday, reality TV matriarch June "Mama June" Shannon explains why she was seen in the company of Mark Anthony McDaniel, a man who served 10 years in prison after being convicted of aggravated child molestation in 2004 and who is a registered sex offender.

"Shannon also revealed for the first time her claim that Pumpkin's biological father is also the father of her 18-year-old daughter Jessica," according to ET online. "His name is Michael Anthony Ford, he is a convicted sex offender who served time for sexual exploitation of minors after being caught on 'To Catch a Predator' in 2005."

juliotendo

I think the issue here is that this treads a fine line along pedophilia in a way. When you have children like Desmond Is Amazing erotically dancing in front of grown homosexual men tossing him dollar bills, what do you think those men are thinking?

What if it was a young underage girl dancing at a strip club with men tossing dollar bills at her. What do you think the media would do? They’d lose their minds and for months on end you would have pundits talking about straight males being sexual predators and toxic masculinity.

Kids are kids whether they’re gay or straight or a transsexual alien from Mars. We shouldn’t be sexualizing innocence, and the problem is that for whatever reason the LGBTQ-ETC community is always projecting themselves into everything and sexualizing everything.

Kagey K

Banned
I think the issue here is that this treads a fine line along pedophilia in a way. When you have children like Desmond Is Amazing erotically dancing in front of grown homosexual men tossing him dollar bills, what do you think those men are thinking?

What if it was a young underage girl dancing at a strip club with men tossing dollar bills at her. What do you think the media would do? They’d lose their minds and for months on end you would have pundits talking about straight males being sexual predators and toxic masculinity.

There have been a billion examples of underage girls working erotic clubs and it always ends the same, club is shut down and the owners are charged and fined into oblivion.

We have already had an eternity (my entire lifetime at least,) where we hear all men are pedos because they have a penchant for younger girls. Usually they are referring to some 40 - 60 year old billionaire who married a 20 year old hottie. And saying something like he made his first million before she was born.

Kids are kids whether they’re gay or straight or a transsexual alien from Mars. We shouldn’t be sexualizing innocence, and the problem is that for whatever reason the LGBTQ-ETC community is always projecting themselves into everything and sexualizing everything.

I agree with most of this. I don’t agree the LGBT community sexualizes everything, and would never want to make a sweeping generalization like that.

Most of the Gay/Lesbian people I know in real life don’t make a giant deal of thier sexuality and only have conversations about it if asked by other people. We all hang out and have common interests and whatever, and nobody cares who goes home and does what to who when nobody is there.

Online is an entirely different story, it seems like for some of these people their sexuality is a main or only component to their entire being or personality.

Like if there was no taboo left tomorrow and everything you did with anyone (of age) was normal, what would they be left with?

redfirm

Banned
it has been proven and shown in research that if you do not support your child in his her decision(about their sexuality/gender), regardless of how young you might find it to be, it could lead to a higher suicide rate during their teenage years. it might be a fase, it might be something they are, the thing is, your job as a parent is to support them and keep them from self harm.

Last edited:
Top Bottom