• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CBC is releasing a documentary on child drag queens, how is this allowed??

Kagey K

Banned
As long as we are keeping that same energy for both, then I agree.
I said this on page 1 post 44.

They are equally disgusting and I disapprove of any sort of this pageantry, as it gives the kids the wrong impressions about what their value is.

And we’ve seen examples (mostly with girl pageants) that it becomes their only source of identity.

Last edited:

Kagey K

Banned
It wouldn't be worse than yelling at him to "be a man" and telling him his feelings aren't real. We all know that's the worst.
I’m sorry if that happened to you. I know a few friends that went through that, but I think we are at a time now that most parents with kids under 18 won’t be doing that to their kids.

We all grew up with it and I don’t think would ostracize our kids like some of the previous generations have, and that’s progress.

Sadly it seems like progress may have slowed down, or even reverted. This divide that people are creating on the internet seems to have caused some pushback. You can’t be angry at everything all the time and expect people to not get angry with you.

Instead of talking about understanding and helping the greater good everyone has their own agenda and theirs is more important then everyone else’s.

In one Canadian City they had to cancel their pride festival because activists tried to hijack it into their own thing and that hurts the community as a whole.

This post was reported. Because it was left doesn't mean that any messages are endorsed, just that a wider discussion about acceptance, interpretation and standards has ensued that we believe has merit and use.
m not sure what this slippery slope that you speak of
DUPTnN7.png

betrayal

Banned
I can guarantee and i would to bet millions of dollars, that all four of these kids will face severe mental health issues starting with their adolescence or a few years later in their life. It's criminal to release a documentary about a topic like this FOR kids.

Kagey K

Banned
I can guarantee and i would to bet millions of dollars, that all four of these kids will face severe mental health issues starting with their adolescence or a few years later in their life. It's criminal to release a documentary about a topic like this FOR kids.
I agree.

Had I let my 6 year old daughter get the Monster High tattoo she wanted back then, she would absolutely be furious at me now, that it happened.

Even her Panic! At the Disco want last year she would be mad at me for and that’s less then 300 days.

Rajack

Drag is transphobic af, the fact that the mainstream is trying to normalize it is disturbing to me given it's both an appropriation of trans culture and a caricaturization/lampooning of transfolk. The fact that transfolk engage in drag performances means little to me because they either are ignorant of what drag really is, or they're just plain stupid. Kids should be taught that drag is transphobic and unacceptable, not encouraged to become performers. SMFH...

HarryKS

I genuinely still do not understand the point of drag. It is a very strange practice. Up there with furries in terms of how hard I find to understand it. Apparently, it is not even sexual?

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives

You can't be serious.

Now do a 4-panel version, but based on race (the white\black people edition set in the 1800s).

Drag is transphobic af, the fact that the mainstream is trying to normalize it is disturbing to me given it's both an appropriation of trans culture and a caricaturization/lampooning of transfolk. The fact that transfolk engage in drag performances means little to me because they either are ignorant of what drag really is, or they're just plain stupid. Kids should be taught that drag is transphobic and unacceptable, not encouraged to become performers. SMFH...

This seems weird considering most trans folks are okay with drag, so I'm willing to go along with the high majority than one poster on NeoGaf.

Papa

Banned

I don’t want my (future) kids being taught that anything is transphobic, transphilic, whatever. That stuff doesn’t belong in a classroom and they can learn about it when they’re older and less impressionable.

nkarafo

The joke Is insinuating that the original premise (gay marriage) is flawed and to blame.
I took it as the leftist demands being gradually more and more unreasonable, starting with generally accepted and harmless ideas and slowly being more controversial using the momentum to get to stuff that would deemed completely unacceptable without reaching their previous "checkpoints".

Dunno if i'm explaining it correctly with my English.

Tesseract

Banned
p. sure kagey's post is a joke about things going too far, thus the report (and extension of the comic to a 5th panel)

*edit guess i'm work, welp

Last edited:

Rajack

I don’t want my (future) kids being taught that anything is transphobic, transphilic, whatever. That stuff doesn’t belong in a classroom and they can learn about it when they’re older and less impressionable.

Sorry, but they need to learn about LGBTQ people. We exist and we deserve to be respected and allowed to go about our lives in relative safety. The only way that will happen, especially for us transfolk is through the younger generations being taught that we are valid human beings and are just as real as anyone else on this planet.

This seems weird considering most trans folks are okay with drag, so I'm willing to go along with the high majority than one poster on NeoGaf.

Really? Because I myself and a bunch of other transfolk within my social circle absolutely hate drag for the reasons I stated. I'm trans myself and I have zero respect for drag because it is inherently transphobic. We aren't a stereotype or a caricature. We are valid, real human beings.

mckmas8808

I took it as the leftist demands being gradually more and more unreasonable, starting with generally accepted and harmless ideas and slowly being more controversial using the momentum to get to stuff that would deemed completely unacceptable without reaching their previous "checkpoints".

Dunno if i'm explaining it correctly with my English.

But what does Gay marriage have to do with Trans people and the bathroom situation? They are two totally different things. I realize the "T" is near the "LGB", but one is about gender and the other is about sexual preference.

Really? Because I myself and a bunch of other transfolk within my social circle absolutely hate drag for the reasons I stated. I'm trans myself and I have zero respect for drag because it is inherently transphobic. We aren't a stereotype or a caricature. We are valid, real human beings.

I was always under the impression that many people that dressed in drag were themselves Trans or at a minimum in a questioning or curious phase in their lives (pre-Transistion realization). I do realize that some of them were just cross-dressing dudes that love the feeling that dressing as a woman gives them.

Are you sure the actions of Drag Queens is the make "fun" of Trans people? I'm asking because from the outside it always seemed as if they were celebrating the "liberation" of it all.

Sorry, but they need to learn about LGBTQ people. We exist and we deserve to be respected and allowed to go about our lives in relative safety. The only way that will happen, especially for us transfolk is through the younger generations being taught that we are valid human beings and are just as real as anyone else on this planet.

There's nothing wrong with educating youth about trans people but it can probably wait until the later stages of sex education. I don't think teaching young, impressionable kids about it is a good idea, even though it's done with good intentions.

Hell I was never taught about trans people in school (I doubt most of us were, I don't know when it started being taught in sex ed classes). I didn't turn out to be transphobic, nor did any of my friends.

Blame Trudeau and the $500,000,000 that he sunk into the Canadian mainstream media so they can be a mouthpiece for him. Half a billion in Canadian tax dollars to support pedophilia and gender confusion,, BTW. I never liked Trudeau, and I never voted for him. I never will.

Last edited:

Rajack

I was always under the impression that many people that dressed in drag were themselves Trans or at a minimum in a questioning or curious phase in their lives (pre-Transistion realization). I do realize that some of them were just cross-dressing dudes that love the feeling that dressing as a woman gives them.

Are you sure the actions of Drag Queens is the make "fun" of Trans people? I'm asking because from the outside it always seemed as if they were celebrating the "liberation" of it all.
The reason why drag is transphobic is the long history of toxic attitudes of the cisgender performers that have dominated the scene since time immemorial. Rupaul is just the latest example of the toxic attitudes towards transwomen displayed by performers who aren't trans. The entire schtick behind drag is an exaggeration of transfemininity which involves cultural appropriation. It stereotypes us in a very negative way.

nikolino840

For what i know drag Is Just show business and nothing more, like burlesque or Moulin rouge's can can and others

Papa

Banned

Kids not being taught about gay and trans issues until they’re emotionally mature enough to contend with them does not threaten your existence or safety. To suggest otherwise is pure hysteria that I outright reject. While I’m in favour of children having general egalitarian principles instilled in them from a young age, this doesn’t need to be specifically taught by schools as it opens the door for ideologues to hijack the process; it is something that can instead be taught indirectly via culture.

Moreover, I think kids need to be allowed to figure themselves out first without having external influencing pressures thrust on them while they are too young and impressionable. There are potentially severe, life-altering consequences to this, and in my own experience most kids aren’t out of the naive and impressionable stage until late high school, if not later. Many “trans” kids simply turn out to be gay if left alone and not indoctrinated.

You say that you personally hate the drag culture and imply that you want nothing to do with it, and I respect you for that. I do see trans and drag as separate groups, but the public at large does not and your own distaste for drag is not held by all other trans people. I have given this same advice to other self-identified trans members: before trying to reshape society to be more accepting of your identity, you must first cast out the undesirable elements that are using the LGBT alphabet soup banner as a Trojan horse for some truly heinous ideas and behaviours. The existence of drag kid culture is evidence enough that this is true.

While I understand that the LGBT union has been historically useful for general visibility reasons, you must recognise that continuing the union and accepting its political benefits when you have already achieved equality under the law is counterproductive and results in you being unfairly lumped in with such undesirables as in the picture below. You do not get to have your cake and eat it too and must actively distance yourself from them. In practice, this means:
  • Stop wielding the LGBT banner as a criticism shield.
  • View yourself first and foremost as an individual, not a member of a group.
  • Stop seeking validation from the word choices of others — find another means of developing your sense of self.
Do these things and the vast majority of society will view and treat you as a normal person. If that’s not enough for you then I don’t believe that you actually want equal treatment.

VhP8Nws_d.jpg

Ailynn

Faith - Hope - Love
Rajack Rajack 's view on drag queen culture is similar to my own, although I always saw it as more of a parody of all women.

The exaggerated makeup, the often bitchy attitudes and the ramped-up sexualization...it always made me uncomfortable. It seemed to me like they were mocking women...like an attempt to turn femininity into some sort of clown show. :lollipop_downcast_sweat:

Aintitcool

Banned
Wow at the person claiming acceptance of your child's perceived gender can save him from suicide... The opposite is true. Transgender community has the highest suicide rates of all hormonal treatments given to people. You effect the child's natural growths to sexualize them. The motive of getting children to be transgender before teen or during teen years is all about lowering testosterone in men, so that they grow more feminine and therefore are a more attractive trans.

This is sick. This is not correct in any way or form and california, australia and canada are pioneering this and it's absolutely horrible to these children who do not understand sexually and should not be given the decisions of sex changes until they are grown adults.

There is no scenario except in genetic transgenders (chromosome imbalance, genetic disorder of development of sexual organs) where these methods these doctors are using on healthy children will benefit their lives. Gender dysphoria should mean your gay until you're an adult. Than you may join the transgender community and label yourself what you want or don't.

Psychology has gone to shit.

Rajack

Wow at the person claiming acceptance of your child's perceived gender can save him from suicide... The opposite is true. Transgender community has the highest suicide rates of all hormonal treatments given to people. You effect the child's natural growths to sexualize them. The motive of getting children to be transgender before teen or during teen years is all about lowering testosterone in men, so that they grow more feminine and therefore are a more attractive trans.

This is sick. This is not correct in any way or form and california, australia and canada are pioneering this and it's absolutely horrible to these children who do not understand sexually and should not be given the decisions of sex changes until they are grown adults.

There is no scenario except in genetic transgenders (chromosome imbalance, genetic disorder of development of sexual organs) where these methods these doctors are using on healthy children will benefit their lives. Gender dysphoria should mean your gay until you're an adult. Than you may join the transgender community and label yourself what you want or don't.

Psychology has gone to shit.
If you truly believe any of that vile filth you typed out then I feel sorry for you. Acceptance and love have been statistically proven to significantly lower suicidality among LGBT individuals, especially transfolk. Your armchair "expert" opinion truly displays your ignorance and bigotry at its ugliest and most foolish. Let people be who they are, especially children. If your child tells you they're x gender, then accept them as such and allow them to pursue that path in life. It's their life, their body, and ultimately their agency. Any parent that strips a child of their agency is not a good parent. Robbing a child of their agency is a classic abuse tactic. Children are people, not property or puppets on strings.

Aintitcool

Banned
If you truly believe any of that vile filth you typed out then I feel sorry for you. Acceptance and love have been statistically proven to significantly lower suicidality among LGBT individuals, especially transfolk. Your armchair "expert" opinion truly displays your ignorance and bigotry at its ugliest and most foolish. Let people be who they are, especially children. If your child tells you they're x gender, then accept them as such and allow them to pursue that path in life. It's their life, their body, and ultimately their agency. Any parent that strips a child of their agency is not a good parent. Robbing a child of their agency is a classic abuse tactic. Children are people, not property or puppets on strings.
Well so far you provide no counter point.

Children are not people by law they are juvenile’s and not allowed to make adult decisions.

Ahh “kids suicide goes down if you accept them” seems to be your crown to fall on. Kids go through thousends of stupid phases till they are adults. Its like you never met a child in your life.

When I was 12 my sisters dressed me in drag. They offered me a new n64 game for doing it. Conditions were i had to walk outside the house in a dress and heals for 10 minutes.

I guess i must have been a trans boy and didn't notice what a horrible shame I ended up hetero.

Or maybe I was just a kid with no care of gender roles because i was not sexually mature and wanted benjo kazooie ?

A sexual orientation or gender dysphoria has no say lives of how parents raise their kids.

Last edited:

mckmas8808

The reason why drag is transphobic is the long history of toxic attitudes of the cisgender performers that have dominated the scene since time immemorial. Rupaul is just the latest example of the toxic attitudes towards transwomen displayed by performers who aren't trans. The entire schtick behind drag is an exaggeration of transfemininity which involves cultural appropriation. It stereotypes us in a very negative way.

I gotta say.....your words are making me think about drag a little differently. I know the weird story about RuPaul being anti-Trans (something that blew my mind), but as a black man, I'd hate it if a white guy told me "blackface" isn't harmful. So it's not right for me to do the same to you. PLUS, you make some great points. Hmmm......it is true that drag is "ALWAYS" shown to be overly sexualized and exaggerated.

I'm still not sure if it's Transphobic, but at the minimum, it does seem toxic since there's no balance.

Well so far you provide no counter point.

Children are not people by law they are juvenile’s and not allowed to make adult decisions.

Ahh “kids suicide goes down if you accept them” seems to be your crown to fall on. Kids go through thousends of stupid phases till they are adults. Its like you never met a child in your life.

When I was 12 my sisters dressed me in drag. They offered me a new n64 game for doing it. Conditions were i had to walk outside the house in a dress and heals for 10 minutes.

I guess i must have been a trans boy and didn't notice what a horrible shame I ended up hetero.

Or maybe I was just a kid with no care of gender roles because i was not sexually mature and wanted benjo kazooie ?

A sexual orientation or gender dysphoria has no say lives of how parents raise their kids.

I think the counterpoint is Rajack Rajack actual life. I mean Jesus christ man! You can't tell a person that's living it and knows many friends that are Trans, what it's like. And children are LITERALLY "people" by law. And you calling it a "phase" is weird. If a person is Trans and recognizes it at 12, then why ignore it? Why act as if it "HAS TO BE" a phase? What if it isn't and your kid is actually Trans?

And think about it another way. If you're the parent and you were wrong, which side would you want to be wrong on?.......

A. Saying it's a phase and ignoring your actual kid and then the worse happens and they commit suicide at 19 years old?

B. Believing your kid is trans and treating them that way, only for your son to realize at 17 years old that he's not (in some weird way) and he just likes to dress up in women's clothes every so often?

Last edited:

Aintitcool

Banned
I gotta say.....your words are making me think about drag a little differently. I know the weird story about RuPaul being anti-Trans (something that blew my mind), but as a black man, I'd hate it if a white guy told me "blackface" isn't harmful. So it's not right for me to do the same to you. PLUS, you make some great points. Hmmm......it is true that drag is "ALWAYS" shown to be overly sexualized and exaggerated.

I'm still not sure if it's Transphobic, but at the minimum, it does seem toxic since there's no balance.

I think the counterpoint is Rajack Rajack actual life. I mean Jesus christ man! You can't tell a person that's living it and knows many friends that are Trans, what it's like. And children are LITERALLY "people" by law. And you calling it a "phase" is weird. If a person is Trans and recognizes it at 12, then why ignore it? Why act as if it "HAS TO BE" a phase? What if it isn't and your kid is actually Trans?

And think about it another way. If you're the parent and you were wrong, which side would you want to be wrong on?.......

A. Saying it's a phase and ignoring your actual kid and then the worse happens and they commit suicide at 19 years old?

B. Believing your kid is trans and treating them that way, only for your son to realize at 17 years old that he's not (in some weird way) and he just likes to dress up in women's clothes every so often?
Because trans recognition is no science or fact. `Gender dysphoria barely existed on the psychological books of analyse of identity and sex. If his personal life has him wishing he got hormones earlier and hopes other children do because he may not like his body/figure. That is where i notice the drive for this movement lies.

To even claim you can identify a gender of someone's brain in a scientific manner is a ludicrous. These doctors do not spend there everyday with these kids. Yes it can be just a phase.A kid could just watch 1 trans video on youtube and be convinced. Just as much as kids are convinced they are jedi's and need to unlock the force from a youtube video. Things other children do or say in school. Children for a fact play pretend and now here we have doctors spending 3 hours with a kid and suddenly basically genetically manipulating them to form more like the sex they think/claim/want.

I know trans people can exist but I stop at trans children because injecting hormones to change children's appearance for when they are older and especially letting the child make that decision with superiority legally over their parents. Is using hormones instead of plastic surgery and plastic surgery is not allowed under 16-18. Human science has found a good thing denying plastic surgery except in medical emergencies to pre-teens->teens has let us not live with surgery scandals on children. That's why passing laws like this have a consequence society should strongly avoid.

There are just as many cases out there of trans regret as there are of pro trans. https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/r...d/news-story/a50010fa8625fd6825834d04c8742d2f

All the natural hormonal growth years a kid loses incase he does change his mind is not something doctors can reverse or he will ever get back.

Last edited:

mckmas8808

Because trans recognition is no science or fact. `Gender dysphoria barely existed on the psychological books of analyse of identity and sex. If his personal life has him wishing he got hormones earlier and hopes other children do because he may not like his body/figure. That is where i notice the drive for this movement lies.

To even claim you can identify a gender of someone's brain in a scientific manner is a ludicrous. These doctors do not spend there everyday with these kids. Yes it can be just a phase.A kid could just watch 1 trans video on youtube and be convinced. Just as much as kids are convinced they are jedi's and need to unlock the force from a youtube video. Things other children do or say in school. Children for a fact play pretend and now here we have doctors spending 3 hours with a kid and suddenly basically genetically manipulating them to form more like the sex they think/claim/want.

I know trans people can exist but I stop at trans children because injecting hormones to change children's appearance for when they are older and especially letting the child make that decision with superiority legally over their parents. Is using hormones instead of plastic surgery and plastic surgery is not allowed under 16-18. Human science has found a good thing denying plastic surgery except in medical emergencies to pre-teens->teens has let us not live with surgery scandals on children. That's why passing laws like this have a consequence society should strongly avoid.

There are just as many cases out there of trans regret as there are of pro trans. https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/r...d/news-story/a50010fa8625fd6825834d04c8742d2f

All the natural hormonal growth years a kid loses incase he does change his mind is not something doctors can reverse or he will ever get back.

Okay while I do agree with you that "kids" shouldn't be taken hormones to change anything body wise (lets be honest when you are 12 your body is just starting puberty itself), your dismissiveness of the idea of Transgender is weird. And to say there's no scientific evidence to prove trans people's feelings seems odd to me too.

I guess it just depends on which scientist you want to listen to I guess.... 🤷‍♂️

Aintitcool

Banned
Okay while I do agree with you that "kids" shouldn't be taken hormones to change anything body wise (lets be honest when you are 12 your body is just starting puberty itself), your dismissiveness of the idea of Transgender is weird. And to say there's no scientific evidence to prove trans people's feelings seems odd to me too.

I guess it just depends on which scientist you want to listen to I guess.... 🤷‍♂️
Yeah my favorite psychologist Jung sadly isn't alive today to fix this bullshit. I am dismissive of the californian and canadian, and australian implementation. Where children can be taken out of the home, by the government if the parents do not agree to treatment. So when he said "When your son says he's a girl, you accept it". I of course would dismiss that right away. As for many people that directly is someone claiming about how to run your family. And that is religious levels moral type claim about other people's lives. When the trans community thinks they are like the homosexual community and are fighting a oppressor of misguided misinformation. It's not the same at all. Homosexuality is documented even in jewish scribes. It existed. 6,000BC.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_transgender_people_in_the_United_States ... This is a 70(Pre 1950 it is technically crossdressing) year old possibility allowed by modern medicine, specifically plastic surgery medicine. All the trans community science experts and pros, are doctors of plastic or hormonal therapy and sell their agenda for jobs. Transgender is strongly business tied, it requires income and spending. Homosexuality does not need you to do anything.

They are a community of plastic surgery and transformation, forever changing ones appearance permanently. If you choose to not want your children to be apart of that until a certain age. You are hopefully following your rights.

Last edited:

mckmas8808

Yeah my favorite psychologist Jung sadly isn't alive today to fix this bullshit. I am dismissive of the californian and canadian, and australian implementation. Where children can be taken out of the home, by the government if the parents do not agree to treatment. So when he said "When your son says he's a girl, you accept it". I of course would dismiss that right away. As for many people that directly is someone claiming about how to run your family. And that is religious levels moral type claim about other people's lives. When the trans community thinks they are like the homosexual community and are fighting a oppressor of misguided misinformation. It's not the same at all. Homosexuality is documented even in jewish scribes. It existed. 6,000BC.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_transgender_people_in_the_United_States ... This is a 70(Pre 1950 it is technically crossdressing) year old possibility allowed by modern medicine, specifically plastic surgery medicine. All the trans community science experts and pros, are doctors of plastic or hormonal therapy and sell their agenda for jobs. Transgender is strongly business tied, it requires income and spending. Homosexuality does not need you to do anything.

They are a community of plastic surgery and transformation, forever changing ones appearance permanently. If you choose to not want your children to be apart of that until a certain age. You are hopefully following your rights.

WOW!!!! My god are you so wrong here that it's actually funny. Do you think autism also was created by the "Autism Teachers" Community for profit too? And if you are trans, you DON'T have to get surgery to make it legitimate. And why not realize that maybe people 100s and 1000s of years ago didn't even understand the deep understanding of what it meant to feel like a gender that's not represented by your penis/vagina.

We as a human race just found out the Earth rotates around the Sun about 500 years ago! So, just because humans don't understand something, doesn't mean it's not real.

Last edited:

Aintitcool

Banned
WOW!!!! My god are you so wrong here that it's actually funny. Do you think autism also was created by the "Autism Teachers" Community for profit too? And if you are trans, you DON'T have to get surgery to make it legitimate. And why not realize that maybe people 100s and 1000s of years ago didn't even understand the deep understanding of what it meant to feel like a gender that's not represented by your penis/vagina.

We as a human race just found out the Earth rotates around the Sun about 500 years ago! So, just because humans don't understand something, doesn't mean it's not real.
Well if you want to ignore the origins and process. Autism requires care takers and special ed and is a horrible life for many parents. In the worst cases like downsyndrom caused autism They can be born with bad hearts, livers, and undeveloped body parts, disfigured and have a lower life span than most humans. But it is something we can track genetically. We now even inform mothers ahead of time about autism to give them an option to abort. Does your parallel work this far ? Can a DNA test tell me if my children will be trans? Autism existed and it used to be represented under mutant and or dead babies, and labeled "retards". Before more science came into its limelight I am no expert though. But I had a family friend family with an autistic boy and they loved him but he also was close to death in and out of surgeries. EDIT: stupid me literally confused neurological autism and´autism down syndrome. But to counter argue properly I just need to mention Autism is proven hereditary and has genetic traits discovered. It is similar to dyslexia in many ways, and that is where I am informed in neurodiversity.

The neurodiversity scientific field is very fluid with creation of conditions and of course gender dysgraphia can exist and be a description of something that "always" existed. If you believe that it is different than homosexuality which is also reported exactly the same form "I think I'm a girl in a mans body." "I am attracted to my same gender". You can invent anything in that field because it has to exist that way as no two brains are actually alike.(think thumbprints)

1000's of years ago they also didn't care about penis and vagina's and even would cut them off on slaves and do all sorts of freak stuff. They were always sexual deviants. But Transgenderism in its modern day and implementations is a birth of plastic surgery.

And you can not separate from it, as than you're a cross dresser according these people and not those, and you're not any label to most people but just a person wearing clothes he likes.

The removal of all medical involvement necessary and how that industry invented the ability to be trans. Is just living in "alternative facts". But bless you and know I hold no ill will to you or anyone offended and willing to continue to argue. Your life is yours to live how you want! Just be informed of all dangers and side effects. (like grown adults)

Last edited:

mckmas8808

Well if you want to ignore the origins and process. Autism requires care takers and special ed and is a horrible life for many parents. In the worst cases like downsyndrom caused autism They can be born with bad hearts, livers, and undeveloped body parts, disfigured and have a lower life span than most humans. But it is something we can track genetically. We now even inform mothers ahead of time about autism to give them an option to abort. Does your parallel work this far ? Can a DNA test tell me if my children will be trans? Autism existed and it used to be represented under mutant and or dead babies, and labeled "retards". Before more science came into its limelight I am no expert though. But I had a family friend family with an autistic boy and they loved him but he also was close to death in and out of surgeries. EDIT: stupid me literally confused neurological autism and´autism down syndrome. But to counter argue properly I just need to mention Autism is proven hereditary and has genetic traits discovered. It is similar to dyslexia in many ways, and that is where I am informed in neurodiversity.

The neurodiversity scientific field is very fluid with creation of conditions and of course gender dysgraphia can exist and be a description of something that "always" existed. If you believe that it is different than homosexuality which is also reported exactly the same form "I think I'm a girl in a mans body." "I am attracted to my same gender". You can invent anything in that field because it has to exist that way as no two brains are actually alike.(think thumbprints)

1000's of years ago they also didn't care about penis and vagina's and even would cut them off on slaves and do all sorts of freak stuff. They were always sexual deviants. But Transgenderism in its modern day and implementations is a birth of plastic surgery.

And you can not separate from it, as than you're a cross dresser according these people and not those, and you're not any label to most people but just a person wearing clothes he likes.

The removal of all medical involvement necessary and how that industry invented the ability to be trans. Is just living in "alternative facts". But bless you and know I hold no ill will to you or anyone offended and willing to continue to argue. Your life is yours to live how you want! Just be informed of all dangers and side effects. (like grown adults)

To the bolded (to be clear), I'm a cis-gendered male. I know a lot of times when people say the things I say, it's usually from someone from within the community. But I'm just an outsider that has compassion for my fellow man or woman. As as a black person, I know what it's like to be on the receiving end of hatred.

Hopefully, as time goes on, the science that we discover with all LGBTQ people will explain more and more the "HOW" and "WHY" people are the way they are. I hope it helps, because I still have conversations and arguments with people that think black and brown people are less intelligent than white people, as they throw IQ scores at me 100 miles per hour.

Papa

Banned

Can you stop the outrage theatrics and actually address his points? He has said that he has no problem with adults undergoing hormone replacement therapy and plastic surgery. His issue — and mine too — is with encouraging kids to do it. I think he has a valid point when he says that it is like an induction into a cult when done to kids. Kids are impressionable and vulnerable and it is our job as adults to guide them through this phase of their life and prepare them for adulthood, not just give in to their every whim. That can have disastrous consequences.

mckmas8808

Can you stop the outrage theatrics and actually address his points? He has said that he has no problem with adults undergoing hormone replacement therapy and plastic surgery. His issue — and mine too — is with encouraging kids to do it. I think he has a valid point when he says that it is like an induction into a cult when done to kids. Kids are impressionable and vulnerable and it is our job as adults to guide them through this phase of their life and prepare them for adulthood, not just give in to their every whim. That can have disastrous consequences.

What outrage theatrics? We are having a good conversation. I said earlier that I agree with him that kids (anyone under the age 16) shouldn't be getting replacement therapy or plastic surgery. We agreed with each other there. Did you miss that?

We disagreed (and I disagree with you too) that it's just a "phase". Most kids don't feel like they are a different gender than their body is showing on the outside. Only a small percent of kids go through this. Calling it a phase is disastrous. And it's obviously has had consequences.

Papa

Banned
What outrage theatrics? We are having a good conversation. I said earlier that I agree with him that kids (anyone under the age 16) shouldn't be getting replacement therapy or plastic surgery. We agreed with each other there. Did you miss that?

We disagreed (and I disagree with you too) that it's just a "phase". Most kids don't feel like they are a different gender than their body is showing on the outside. Only a small percent of kids go through this. Calling it a phase is disastrous. And it's obviously has had consequences.

• Backing up Rajack after he/she started out calling his opinions “vile filth” simply because he/she is trans and you want to appear compassionate.
  • “I mean Jesus christ man! You can't tell a person that's living it and knows many friends that are Trans, what it's like.”
  • “WOW!!!! My god are you so wrong here that it's actually funny.”

It only ended up as a half decent conversation because he dragged you back, kicking and screaming. Your “as a cisgendered male” prostrating is cringeworthy btw.

mckmas8808

• Backing up Rajack after he/she started out calling his opinions “vile filth” simply because he/she is trans and you want to appear compassionate.
  • “I mean Jesus christ man! You can't tell a person that's living it and knows many friends that are Trans, what it's like.”
  • “WOW!!!! My god are you so wrong here that it's actually funny.”

It only ended up as a half decent conversation because he dragged you back, kicking and screaming. Your “as a cisgendered male” prostrating is cringeworthy btw.

- What do you mean "appear" compassionate? Is it that hard to believe, some people on the internet just are compassionate? Who hurt you in your life and made you so jaded?
- I personally wouldn't call those comments of mine theatrics, but okay. And me identifying myself as what I am is now cringeworthy? This world man....some people make it harder on themselves than it has to be. And nobody dragged me back kicking and screaming. Where I'm from we call two people communicating a "conversation". I know.....I know....hard to believe that can actually happen on an internet forum in 2019. :messenger_astonished:

Top Bottom