• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CD Projekt making a New IP RPG, probably features guns

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
CD Projekt has revealed a bit about their second project.

Why does it most likely feature guns?

Well, first of all, their blog post mentions guns:

CD Projekt said:
Join our studio today!

The Studio

Back here at CD Projekt RED studio we love gaming. We are players and want to share our passion with everyone by developing complex, non-linear and mature RPG games. Our first title – The Witcher, as well as its sequel The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings are considered to be some of the best games of its genre and they’re setting new standards in RPG gaming. Both have received over a hundred awards and were praised by critics and fans from all over the world.

Our games were always created in the way we wanted – with no compromise. We want to make games, that we would play ourselves, cause for us gaming is style of life.

In order to continue in this spirit our journey within the constantly booming game industry, CD Projekt RED wants to reinforce its existing team with some highly talented and passionate people, who will help us in crafting new amazing projects.

Our mature dark-fantasy world is well known around the world, though if you can’t stomach dwarves, elves or sorceresses who put their ample charms on display in Playboy magazine, we’ve got also something special that might be right up your alley! We’re looking for people who would rather work on an entirely new and different IP – a vast RPG for which we want to assemble the best possible staff. It represents an opportunity for you to create a grand new project from the ground up!

And hell, no matter if it’s with guns or swords, we’re just having a good time here. ;)

So have a look at the job vacancies for our two ongoing projects and if you think you have what it takes, just make an effort to join us and apply your talents to creating a game you yourself would want to play!

How to apply?

If you think that our requirements match your skills, send us your cover letter and CV to careers@cdprojektred.com! Be sure to clearly specify in the subject for which position you’re applying, using the exact position name present in the ad (otherwise your application might not be taken into consideration).

Please note that artists and designers should enclose a portfolio or link to an on-line portfolio. Programmers should include code samples.

As we always look for talented and passionate people, we will be happy to receive open applications. If you do not find the job you are looking for among our current vacancies list, you can always send us your data, specifying exactly for what kind of position you would like to apply for.

If you would like to apply for an internship in our company, please clearly mention in your motivation which area of game development you would like to apply for. You should follow the same guidelines as above when applying for internships (CV, CL and examples of work). Please note that applicants for internships under the age of 18 or residing outside Poland will not be considered.

Please be sure to come back on our site shortly, as you will soon find here a lot of new useful information about working for us!
Source: http://cdpred.com/

Secondly, there's a gun icon next to the job postings for the new game:

cdprojektgunsunu6q.png

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Isn't it also a sci-fi?

The_Monk

As someone who is playing the 360 version of The Witcher 2 for the first time thanks to the support from PC Players I'm very curious to know more details about their next project.

This one may be a simultaneous PC/console release:

Required skills & experience:
Deep knowledge of C++
5 years of work experience on a similar position
Familiarity with the Visual Studio environment
Knowledge of next-gen game AI/gameplay architecture
Ability to design code
Experience in the production of AAA game titles for the PC, including having worked to completion on at least one published title
Ability to communicate in English
Experience in creating a AAA title for game consoles will be a plus
Experience with RPGs will be very welcome

bengraven

Ovwij.gif

Would be cool if it WASN'T a space or steampunk game.

Like a more refined White Gold or a crime RPG or a *gasp* Wild West rpg.

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
What was the Dungeons and Dragons pen and paper game (Whatever they're referred as) but set in space? Came out around the tail end of the 70's or very early 80's?

Gozan

A Pirx the Pilot RPG would be sweet, if they'll stick with sourcing Polish authors.

What was the Dungeons and Dragons pen and paper game (Whatever they're referred as) but set in space? Came out around the tail end of the 70's or very early 80's?

There are piles of space opera pen and paper RPGs, but you're probably thinking of Traveller.

Aeana

I'm certainly very interested in whatever this group is doing, but lordy if guns don't bore me to tears. I hope they do something interesting with it, at least.

injurai

Banned
Yes plz... CDPR knows how to get me excited and they don't even have to try. They have officially joined the ranks of Blizzard and Valve in my books.

With ME over we need a new good sci-fi and I can no longer count on prey 2. I'm counting on this CDPR!!!

Sentenza

Would be cool if it WASN'T a space or steampunk game.

Like a more refined White Gold or a crime RPG or a *gasp* Wild West rpg.
To be honest I would be totally fine with ANY of these settings... But god, if a wild west RPG from CDPR wouldn't be HYPE-INDUCING (yes, in caps) for me.

bengraven

I would be okay with another post-apocalyptic game. Yes, it's getting almost as bad as zombie games, but there aren't enough free roaming post-apocs out there.

Fallout and STALKER isn't enough to calm my cravings.

To be honest I would be totally fine with ANY of these settings... But god, if a wild west RPG from CDPR wouldn't be HYPE-INDUCING (yes, in caps) for me.

*looks at your avatar and grins*

I've been dreaming of one since the first time I saw Call of Juarez and a friend of mine lied and said it was like the Elder Scrolls games in the wild west.

One day...one day...

Wild West RPG would be AWESOME: imagine something like RDR but a full fledged RPG, that's heaven right there!

Let's celebrate over baseless assumptions!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubVc2MQwMkg

I wish the three of us had an RPG development house. haha

Mindlog

I'm not one to post image memes normally so I don't know what I am doing. How do I combine the sentiments expressed in both of these images?
7SZSW.gif
VvrpX.png

Pre-ordered anyways. Wait, that's the old way games were done. I'll buy-in whenever the Kickstarter goes up.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Good. Witcher's dreary atmosphere was always unsettling because of WITHARDS AND DRAGONS AND MONUSTERZ. A modern day setting could work a lot better with it

I would be okay with another post-apocalyptic game. Yes, it's getting almost as bad as zombie games, but there aren't enough free roaming post-apocs out there.

Fallout and STALKER isn't enough to calm my cravings.

*looks at your avatar and grins*

I've been dreaming of one since the first time I saw Call of Juarez and a friend of mine lied and said it was like the Elder Scrolls games in the wild west.

One day...one day...

I wish the three of us had an RPG development house. haha

with the success of RDR you'd think that SOMEONE would already have attempted something like this... but i guess they want to play it safe instead and stick to high fantasy/sci-fi :(

Great scenarious:
CD Projekt is making "STALKER"
CD Projekt is making "Fallout"
CD Projekt is making "Alpha Protocol"

Not so great scenarios:
New fantasy setting featuring gun-blades
Guns, but more action and not much of a rpg

Top Bottom