• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CD Projekt making a New IP RPG, probably features guns

I heard it'll be more like Fallout.

Hmm...I'd prefer a Mass Effect-like, hard sci-fi space epic, only because the whole postapocalypse/Mad Max thing feels like it had already been done to death this gen. Then again, they are probably the only guys who could actually get that Mad Max-style game right, so I'm excited either way.

LuchaShaq

Banned
I loved some of the ideas but didn't enjoy playing witcher 1 or 2.

That said I would at least be interested in whatever they came up with next.

gabbo

Ovwij.gif

Would be cool if it WASN'T a space or steampunk game.

Like a more refined White Gold or a crime RPG or a *gasp* Wild West rpg.

If only those were the eventual outcome.

Lime

I like the use of Fry images in this thread.

If they're doing sci-fi opera, I hope the protagonist isn't a bald-headed male marine. That is all.

-BLITZ-

CD Projekt making a similar game to fallout - TPS/RPG with postapocaliptic settings or not, that would be something spectacular.

Bring them guns n bullets!

Gozan

The only post-apocalyptic type game I'd be up for (apart from Wasteland 2, natch) would be a CRPG adaptation of Paranoia.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
CD Projekt making a similar game to fallout - TPS/RPG with postapocaliptic settings or not, that would be something spectacular.

Bring them guns n bullets!

lol

from interview with their art producer:

4) If you were to describe a perfect game of your dreams, what would it be:

Michal Krzemiński: A kind of post nuclear RPG with lots of old school adventure gameplay, throw in some turn based combat system? At least parts of it? I’m not talking about another Fallout 2 but... ok, I am. Ehh, it’s so hard to describe a perfect game as I loved many different parts in many different games.

but I don't think it is a hint at what they are doing.

Did you hear it from the title of the thread? :p

no, from people who work with them. I know it's in OP, it's just another confirmation. Might as well be an announcement.

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
There are piles of space opera pen and paper RPGs, but you're probably thinking of Traveller.

From memory it was an offical TSR release, did a quick Google and Star Frontiers popped up but the name doesn't ring a bell.

cilonen

Aaaaand this instantly becomes my most anticipated game.

Coming off a S.T.A.L.K.E.R. binge, I'm so reaady for something like this.

I wish they made an isometric scifi game. Sort of Fallout 1/2 in space with a dash of squadbased combat, I can live without the turnbased stuff though( because of space rats). Oh my! ;_;

Sentenza

I wish they made an isometric scifi game. Sort of Fallout 1/2 in space with a dash of squadbased combat, I can live without the turnbased stuff though( because of space rats). Oh my! ;_;
Well, beside these two "triple A" productions, they are supposed to ship some mid budget game this year. Or at least that's what they told to the press few months ago.
No clue about what kind of game it's supposed to be, anyway.

Gozan

From memory it was an offical TSR release, did a quick Google and Star Frontiers popped up but the name doesn't ring a bell.

TSR also did Buck Rogers in the 25th Century, Gamma World and Metamorphosis Alpha. Could also have been something they bought up?

dr_rus

Sci-fi would be great. Not nearly enough good sci-fi RPGs out there. Modern day meh, although I'm interested in anything CDP has to offer.

kevm3

Make the game take place on an alien planet with it's own unique vegetation and unique landscapes that the player can actually explore. Please don't make the majority of the game where you're flying around in spaceships or mulling around in some generic space bases. I'm tired of staring at plastic and metal walls in these sorts of games.

Top Bottom