• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CD Projekt RED - Mobile game announcing "very soon", out 2014, Witcher 3 dev status

Last I heard, they said the Witcher 3 delay didn't affect it and it was still coming in 2015.
From a polish interview a few days ago:
It's too early to say whether Cyberpunk could make its debut next year. We're working on the game, but I will agree that there is no reason for two large premieres taking place in one year.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
I'm not sure about the "less compatition" point (they mean within the genre but more overall games will be coming when this releases) but I like the openness of the company.

boskee

From a polish interview a few days ago:

I don't know where people got the idea that Cyberpunk 2077 will be released next year. CDPR said 2015 at the earliest and the business plan they published last year suggests it will be released between 2013-2016, so I'd not expect it earlier than Septemberish 2016 or even Feb 2017.

PFD

I don't know where people got the idea that Cyberpunk 2077 will be released next year. CDPR said 2015 at the earliest and the business plan they published last year suggests it will be released between 2013-2016, so I'd not expect it earlier than Septemberish 2016 or even Feb 2017.

Jesus Christ man, that's a long fucking wait

Some Nobody

Less competition? In what way? Someone already listed the fuckton of PC games coming out next year.

In the console sphere, there's a good chance we'll see Nintendo's "X", a possibility for Final Fantasy XV, and in general 2015 just seems like it'll have far more games coming out.

Plus, to be honest by placing themselves outside of the holiday season most likely I'll still be playing DAI/Arkham Knight/The Order/Middle-Earth/Destiny.

A quick and dirty next gen console port of the Witcher 2 would be a nice way to fill the time caused by the delay. Would be a good way to get some save importing stuff going as well.

The reasoning behind 2015 release:

- Less competition

- Improved effectiveness of marketing campaign targeted at aware gamers and not random gift-buyers.
- Better polished game: the last 20% of time stands for 80% of the game's attractiveness.
- More new-gen consoles on the market = more customers

dat Dragon Age Inquisition :p

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
I dunno what is this mobile game but someone tweet to Shahid and GioCorsi to get it on Vita!

Vintage

- Improved effectiveness of marketing campaign targeted at aware gamers and not random gift-buyers.

Wouldn't random gift-buyers + aware gamers result in more sales than only aware gamers? I thought holiday season is good for games sales, isn't it?

Taij

Gotta love their transparency with fans. How many other developers explain their delays in this much detail?

It's interesting, a lot of their transparency comes from the fact that they are a publicly traded company and the laws in Poland require them to be that transparent so shareholders can make informed decisions. I am not sure we would even know about the delay yet if they weren't a public company.

boskee

It's interesting, a lot of their transparency comes from the fact that they are a publicly traded company and the laws in Poland require them to be that transparent so shareholders can make informed decisions. I am not sure we would even know about the delay yet if they weren't a public company.

Exactly. All the information in this thread was given out as part of their financial report. It's not transparency with gamers, it's transparency with shareholders and it's regulated by law.

You can find more interesting things on their corporate site, where they give out their detailed financial results, changes in stock ownership etc. All required by law.

Sentenza

I'm not sure about that "less competition" bullet point.I think *they* were the competition to fear for Autumn, frankly.
And no, I'm not basing this on some wishful "OMG they're so great anyone will love them"; I'm looking at the massive amount of hype they gathered across dozens of big gaming websites in the last months, including the "mainstream" ones.
They rated on top of pretty much every single chart for "most anticipated game".

Top Bottom