• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CD Projekt Red - "NX Will Be Fantastic" [Up: Umm... err... well... haha?]

Sterok

They're talking, and CDPR is primarily a PC developer. That's a better sign for NX than most other statements we've gotten at least.

KrawlMan

it's nice but the same was said about the wiiu and 3ds as well.
I still remember the positive statements from the darksiders developers and the funny shitstorm 4A caused, because of the weak CPU.
let's hope the NX will be decent.

But doesn't he mention how they (European Devs) were very unimpressed with the Wii? I get the feeling that the NX is at least good enough for them to work with, and not just on "Gwent"

Hilarion

Hopefully Nintendo is trying to get CD projekt Red to make a Complete Witcher Trillogy Remastered edition for the NX. That would do extremely well

That would be FAR too much work to stick on only one platform. If that happened, it'd come to everything.

It's interesting how people are saying everything from "slightly stronger than Wii U" to "significantly stronger than PS4," and how certain people are treating even the latter end of that as a sign Nintendo is underpowered because they'd still be weaker than Neo and Scorpio.

I personally don't really care how strong it is, but it's funny how the range of speculation goes all the way from about half a teraflop to two teraflops. Pretty massive range there.

Regardless of how strong the GPU is it'll be significantly better performing than the Wii U. The system won't have an ancient CPU like the Wii U did and it'll certainly have far more than the Wii U's 2 GB of RAM...those updates alone will do wonders to modernize it.

Delio

Eh hopefully this leads to something. If it's just another lip service thing even if it IS CD Projekt then whatever.

menacin

Banned
Cmon guys.

Gc was good. Wii was good. Wiiu was good.
They had their fairly annoying weaknesses but whatever , they had great games and nx will be the same .

wrowa

I'm sure somebody pointed this out already, but Fabian Döhla is not an employee of CD Projekt Red. He's just doing PR for them.

Instro

I'm sure somebody pointed this out already, but Fabian Döhla is not an employee of CD Projekt Red. He's just doing PR for them.

I'm confused, how/why would he do PR for them but not be employed by them?

Fabian Döhla mentioned that he could see the Nintendo NX behind closed doors at the Nintendo Booth at E3 2016 ;)

And yet no show from Nintendo, so odd.

SalvaPot

6cc.jpg

antonz

I'm confused, how/why would he do PR for them but not be employed by them?

And yet no show from Nintendo, so odd.

Not that odd. Lots of behind closed doors meetings among executives, developers etc. Heard several bits of rumbling all throughout E3 that NX was being shown to select parties.

antonz

Any rumbling back after the fact?

Never followed up on the rumblings. The limited nature of access at that stage. No one would openly state anything of value. They could track down a leak from backdoor meetings way too easy

NateDrake

Never followed up on the rumblings. The limited nature of access at that stage. No one would openly state anything of value. They could track down a leak from backdoor meetings way too easy

Yeah. There is a reason why things aren't leaking following E3 on NX. May get more bits from developers similar to this interview, but nothing too in-depth (unless the person is incredibly stupid).

Schnozberry

It'd be great for Nintendo and for gaming if the NX [whatever it is] does well.

Yeah, I think people are way too caught up in the idea that console sales are some kind of zero sum game. Nintendo succeeding in their plan to expand the market for gaming outside of the core is the kind of thing that can drive private investment into the gaming industry as a whole and create a better environment for everyone who makes and plays games. Money means jobs and ideas are getting funded, and that means good times for gamers of all stripes.

MartyStu

The NX to just be a gaming PC confirmed.

Which if I were Nintendo, I would just do this. NX games would essentially be DRM'd blobs running on a locked down Linux-based system.

Excuse my ignorance, but how does the host know that Scorpio will be vastly more powerful than NX?

It's likely/guaranteed to be due to the release window, but seems like an odd absolute to throw out there when afaik the NX is still a mystery spec-wise.

Hopefully we see what this thing actually is soon.

Calvero

Banned
Excuse my ignorance, but how does the host know that Scorpio will be vastly more powerful than NX?

It's likely/guaranteed to be due to the release window, but seems like an odd absolute to throw out there when afaik the NX is still a mystery spec-wise.

he's assuming

Russ T

Banned
Hopefully Nintendo is trying to get CD projekt Red to make a Complete Witcher Trillogy Remastered edition for the NX. That would do extremely well

That'd be sorta cool but man ain't nobody gonna wanna go back and play The Witcher 1, now. 2 can still stand on its own, in my opinion, but 1 is old and flawed.

Unless by Remasted, you mean Remade, heh. I wouldn't necessarily be against that, but I'd also rather see new stuff. Cyberpunk 2077 exists of course, but what I mean is although personally I am fond of good remakes, in this case, gimme something else, heh.

ahem

That aside, this is a super interesting thing to hear from CDPR. Never thought I'd see them talking about the NX at all. Nintendo I need some damn infooooooooooo!

Its about time the nx got some hype - it seems to have died down a lot due to the lack of show at e3.

I truly hope their next home console is amazing and has a great launch line up. Tbh zelda is all i need on launch!

NateDrake

Hopefully we see what this thing actually is soon.

It's a fairly safe assumption. Scorpio being a 6TF machine launching in late 2017 vs a March 2017 machine rumored to be priced in an affordable range.

Mariolee

I've figured out how Nintendo works.

If you're skeptical about the project, they'll prove you wrong.

If you think they'll be a success, you'll be disappointed.

Or maybe that's just how everything works.

Hermii

It kind of reminds me of Ken Levine at the Wii U reveal.

"As a gamer I love this controller because it lets me game on the bed when my wife's going to sleep"

Quoting from memory.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
While this is good on the face...no developer is going to come out and say what they really think of the NX and ruin potential partnerships/relationships either good or bad. Just the generic "It'll be cool!" type stuff.

So...its just lipservice until I see CDP games on the console. =P

NateDrake

While this is good on the face...no developer is going to come out and say what they really think of the NX and ruin potential partnerships/relationships either good or bad. Just the generic "It'll be cool!" type stuff.

So...its just lipservice until I see CDP games on the console. =P

DICE and other third-party developers weren't shy saying Wii U was shit.

NateDrake

Before or after it was out?

Because you know, partnerships and all...

Before. The Wii U was publicly attacked by developers prior to launch. I understand being pessimistic about anything said by a developer/publisher/PR before the NX is officially revealed.

Jumeira

Banned
Yeah, Gwent related imo. Maybe there's a funky way to play it rather than power playing a role that some are picking up here.

Russ T

Banned
DICE and other third-party developers weren't shy saying Wii U was shit.

Yeah I definitely recall a number of devs shitting on Wii U prior to launch.

I feel like I also remember Take Two shitting on the Wii prior to its launch, but that could just as easily have been after power stuff was revealed.

antonz

Yeah I definitely recall a number of devs shitting on Wii U prior to launch.

I feel like I also remember Take Two shitting on the Wii prior to its launch, but that could just as easily have been after power stuff was revealed.

Take Two CEO was extremely pessimistic about the Wii U before it was out. Which is why Strauss seemingly more positive about NX is something

Top Bottom