• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CD Projekt Red - "NX Will Be Fantastic" [Up: Umm... err... well... haha?]

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
Update: Seems he was just joking and pretended he knew more about the NX than he did. ><

Update 2: He's still positive though.
Reading his tweets, he's still genuinely excited and convinced it will be fantastic. That's enough for me.

Video in German here. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MeVCAgVzc4o

Full translation here: http://www.nintengen.com/2016/06/cd-projekt-red-nx-will-be-fantastic.html?m=1

Host: What do you know about NX?

Fabian: It will be fantastic. As developer [CD Projekt] you get access to the hardware and everybody [at CD Projekt] is looking forward. We know things.

Host: Are you lying now?

Fabian: No, no.

Host: Sometimes I cannot tell if you are telling the truth or not.

Fabian: No, no! It was like this in the past as the Wii prototypes came in, back then called &#8220;Revolution&#8221;. It was so funny that in Japan they were all very excited at the developer studios of SEGA, they thought it was very good. The Europeans took a little longer. Like &#8220;Well, maybe this doesn&#8217;t work&#8221;, you know, because it was technically just a GameCube. It was not much more. But NX what you hear [of the developers] about NX is all very positive.

Host: But the hardware will be much worse than the new Xbox.

Fabian: I think this will never again be the main emphasis in the future [for Nintendo]. Can it [NX] be better than the new Xbox? Take a realistic point of view: is Nintendo able to build a console that has got more power than Xbox?

I hope so! But I'm not getting my hopes up. I'll just wait for the thing to be revealed before forming any concrete opinion.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Wow. Was not expecting this.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Interesting, I dont think CD projekt said a word about the WiiU and then the 2k boss also complimented the NX....

BuggyMike

I mean this is a good sign if I've ever seen one. I doubt CD Project Red would be this hyped over a peripheral, I'm thinking he saw dem specs and likes the console as a whole. Can't wait to see this thing already.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Lmao they asked if he was lying?
What kind of interviewer is that lol, who will go to be interviewed by him in the future...
Unless he asked jokingly.

Meh. Everytime, developers are saying they're excited for it but then it comes out and no one makes games for it but Nintendo.

Remember EA's "unprecedented relationship" or whatever?

That's an unexpected endorsement. I really like this quote though.
"I think this will never again be the main emphasis in the future [for Nintendo]. Can it [NX] be better than the new Xbox? Take a realistic point of view: is Nintendo able to build a console that has got more power than Xbox?"
With all the skepticism of Nintendo not making cutting edge, beast consoles, its not in their best interest to do so.

I trust them more than I trust my own mother.
Not sarcasm

image.php

On Topic:
a really good sign, hope some good games come to it.

I'm surprised about the positive remarks surrounding the NX, but I suppose there's no real incentive to criticize and only benefits to hype, hype sells things all around.

That being said, a primarily PC dev like CDPR being impressed is..interesting.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
All I care about is region free please Nintendo.....
On the topic hard to say though what he means, but the name CDPR has earned some form of trust so I guess I'll take those comments as something encouraging, although an NX that would just have power parity for third parties wouldn't really affect me if that's what this hints at.
Part of the excitement might be something to do with the accessibility of the architecture?

gbland

wow!!! coming from CD Projekt Red that's kind of cool! I'm interested to see the NX now.

Reaction to your update: yeah... that seems more realistic lol

Top Bottom