• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CD Projekt Red - "NX Will Be Fantastic" [Up: Umm... err... well... haha?]

faint.

You hope it's weaker than the Scorpio? To keep the cost low?

Not so much the latter, but it would be naive to expect it to be more than >6 tflops. I just found the comment pretty silly, considering they're using a console that won't launch until holiday 2017 as a baseline. The wording could be strange due to the translation.

I'm all for a super powerful Nintendo console, but to expect it to compete with Scorpio is pretty silly.

Kimawolf

Developers say nothing about NX

"Oh no, no one knows, Nintendo doomed, devs don't even like it."

Developers say positive things:

"eh i'll believe it when i see it."

lol.

This makes complete sense.

The NX will be around the base PS4 in terms of power, and that's completely okay because the base PS4 and Xbone will still be supported till the end of the generation.

Considering devs will still target the base PS4, and Xbone benchmarks for years (because all games are gonna be compatible with the iterative consoles), the NX shouldn't be difficult to port games for.

Just because iterative consoles exist, doesn't mean devs can't target lower benchmarks. It's just a matter of games being put on "medium" instead of "high" fidelity like on PC.

Kimawolf

Remember when EA had nothing but glowing praise for the Wii U?

I believe that had something to do with Origin and Nintendo declining the deal/changing Wii U at the last minute. Many devs thought Wii U would be stronger than it was. So something changed down the line.

Frankly, I don't See Xbox in the console run anymore, which is very concerning to me in regards to competition to Sony. It seems they've pretty much given up on exclusives and there's no real incentive to purchase a machine like Scorpio as a result.

If a Nintendo Machine can get Third Party Support from the corpse of Microsoft and compete, then it's alright for the market I suppose. But if Sony keeps the console mind share and Nintendo doesn't get any more mind share, I get very nervous for the future.

Dmax3901

I met Fabian at a preview event for Blood and Wine, he was generally really nice and super enthusiastic about his game. We really fed off each other's excitement (as I had just learned from him about Geralt getting his own vineyard thing).

He also stopped my playthrough at one point to turn the resolution up to 4k. Framerate dropped to around 30 but he said he loved the '4k look'.

Obviously I'm not suggesting the NX will support 4k, but it's perhaps worth noting that Fabien definitely isn't ignorant when it comes to high-end visuals and PC specifications. If he truly does have the scoop on the NX, I would say he's taken graphical prowess into consideration when saying that it'll be 'fantastic'.

image.php

On Topic:
a really good sign, hope some good games come to it.
Best avatar quote I've ever seen.

Do developers ever say negative things about upcoming hardware? Epic's "Two gamecubes duct taped together" comments about the Wii excluded.

lol.

Regardless of what anyone says, it's hard to deny Nintendo's generally declining market share, or be optimistic about the NX's profits in the face of it. And in spite of a fair bit of optimistic talk from devs pre Wii U... here we are.

Wait and see seems like the right approach, here.

Kimawolf

Do developers ever say negative things about upcoming hardware? Epic's "Two gamecubes duct taped together" comments about the Wii excluded.

One dev say Wii U is shit and figured because Mario doesn't need any CPU power. EA went from hyped as hell to nothing.

Yeah some do say sht.

TheJoRu

I don't expect the NX to be anywhere close to Neo or Scorpio. Whatever will get them to $299 with a small profit margin at launch is what I believe they'll do.

Anyway, good to hear CD Projekt RED likes it, but regardless of what they think of it I expect there to be a lot of "wait and see"-approaches from most publishers, particularly Western.

Hold the FUCK up.

CD Projekt RED said this!?

image.php

KingBroly

Banned
I met Fabian at a preview event for Blood and Wine, he was generally really nice and super enthusiastic about his game. We really fed off each other's excitement (as I had just learned from him about Geralt getting his own vineyard thing).

He also stopped my playthrough at one point to turn the resolution up to 4k. Framerate dropped to around 30 but he said he loved the '4k look'.

Obviously I'm not suggesting the NX will support 4k, but it's perhaps worth noting that Fabien definitely isn't ignorant when it comes to high-end visuals and PC specifications. If he truly does have the scoop on the NX, I would say he's taken graphical prowess into consideration when saying that it'll be 'fantastic'.

I think the more shocking thing is that CDPR has seen NX and/or has dev kits already.

And he already said it's not near Scorpio, which I don't think anyone's expecting.

Powerful than xbone 1? Yes. But definitely not as powerful as scorpio. Maybe another iteration or through scds a year after NX gets released.

I think it will be between PS4 and PS4 Neo in power tbqh. It could very easily be that at $300, but this isn't factoring any expensive innovation Nintendo might go through..

lol.

Yep. Certain people are going to interpret anything Nintendo-related as a sign of something negative.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Great to hear - stuff like Witcher on NX will def. help the system.

One dev say Wii U is shit and figured because Mario doesn't need any CPU power. EA went from hyped as hell to nothing.

Yeah some do say sht.

That was after it came out though. EA appeared in the pre-release montage video of devs talking about how great the hardware was.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
That was after it came out though. EA appeared in the pre-release montage video of devs talking about how great the hardware was.

Devs on here confirmed that the specs Nintendo sent were much higher than the eventual devkit. Things changed.

Top Bottom