• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CD Projekt Red - "NX Will Be Fantastic" [Up: Umm... err... well... haha?]

Jay Sosa

Totally convinced me, especially that 'we know things' part

Developers say nothing about NX

"Oh no, no one knows, Nintendo doomed, devs don't even like it."

Developers say positive things:

"eh i'll believe it when i see it."

lol.

Wonder why...maybe, just maybe it has something to do with Nintendo's recent track record.

CDPR is awesome.

You'd think that if a developer like them can understand that top-line specs aren't everything, other people could understand too.

Big One

Banned
There's def something that's going on with NX that has got all of these developers excited, something that hasn't been done yet in gaming but isn't so gimmicky you can't port anything to it like the Wii.

To me the best outcome is an edge above PS4 and XBO, even better if it gets the 4K video upgrades or whatever the Xbox One S is getting also, and all that at $299 (like the XBO S).

Most important is that it's just as easy to make games and ports for as PS4 and XBO. Wii U had the major issue is not even being able to handle PS360 ports easily (4A Games bailed despite Metro Last Light being announced due to this).

Developers say nothing about NX

"Oh no, no one knows, Nintendo doomed, devs don't even like it."

Developers say positive things:

"eh i'll believe it when i see it."

lol.

Wow. This is so true.

I always like to hear good things about a future console, especially when it's coming from a talented and respected company.

LCGeek

formerly sane
Now if only nintendo had the balls to be this happy about NX.

You'd think that if a developer like them can understand that top-line specs aren't everything, other people could understand too.

Considering how witcher 3 runs on bloaty ass windows 10 on X1, a nintendo spec machine of similiar power no bloat and vulkan based would satisfy plenty.

Malakai

Devs on here confirmed that the specs Nintendo sent were much higher than the eventual devkit. Things changed.

I have wondering about this. The Wii U only draws like 32 watts; however, the PSU is designed for a 75 watt power draw. Was the original PSU designed for the initial specs of the Wii U?

You know the best part about scorpio and neo is that now nintendos console will be on par more or less in specs with consoles that arent at the end of their cycle or dying. All games are still going to need to be able to run on ps4og and xboxog, so the odds that nx will recieve ports or third party support is much more.

faint.

Why do you hope so?

We know Nintendo won't sell NX at a loss.

Unless you expect them to launch a console with more than 6 tflops of computing power at $699 (and I'm being VERY generous here), there's no way in hell it's coming close to Scorpio.

To further clarify: my original post was pointing out the stupidity in the statement saying it will be less powerful than Scorpio. But again, the statement could have been a mistranslation of sorts.

gogoud

Remember when EA had nothing but glowing praise for the Wii U?
Remember the rumour that EA was trying to run all of wiiu servers and they praised it as much as they could before the deal went south? Remember how ea chose not to support wiiu with any legitimate games?

The rumour though not solidified and never really exposed as the truth. EA claimed unprecedented partnership that went nowhere within 3 months of announcement?

Yeah. It went to Xbox.

CDPR may have a contract with nx and its all praise because possibilities of $$$.

Any console praise from any developer that can gain something from it is to be taken with a grain of salt.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
How will a late port of an old game help a new system?

Content is King - you need to have Minecraft, Fifa, GTA, Witcher etc. doesnt really matter how old the content is as long as its still selling. Witcher was just an example of a game type you wouldnt find on Nintendo consoles before.

mp1990

Banned
That's reassuring to hear, despite not being particularly fond of their games. Having big devs covering NX's back is always a good thing.

Calm Mind

NX was never going to be a NEO or SCORPIO level device. It was always going to probably top out at a max of 2TF. It is a catch up to the generation device not a leap frog it one.

I wouldn't be too sure on that. If the Neo can be an underclocked RX480, there is nothing stopping Nintendo from doing the same.

Well nintendo has a new boss now, and he is not influenced by the yamauchi family. So maybe this is a turning point were we see nintendo go back to the super nintendo days.

OmegaDL50

We know Nintendo won't sell NX at a loss.

Unless you expect them to launch a console with more than 6 tflops of computing power at $699 (and I'm being VERY generous here), there's no way in hell it's coming close to Scorpio.

To further clarify: my original post was pointing out the stupidity in the statement saying it will be less powerful than Scorpio. But again, could have been a mistranslation of sort.

No one is expecting the NX to have Scorpio level performance, that's a given, but something slightly better than the standard PS4 or just below NEO is still a possibility.

It's just the way you replied to hope that the "NX being weaker than the Xbox" just across as Warz stuff, good to clarify, so no one else gets a mixed message from what you were trying to say.

Kimawolf

The fact they have dev kits is surprising. Bodes well that they accepted them at least considering some Devs sent Wii U dev kits back to Nintendo.

Also i wonder what the NX is really...? Maybe it has some kind of AR/VR glasses type thing or something they find amazing?

Nikodemos

No one is expecting the NX to have Scorpio level performance, that's a given, but something slightly better than the standard PS4 or just below NEO is still a possibility.
To be fair I expect it to be weaker than the original PS4, but more powerful than the 1st gen Xbone.

It would still be a considerable performance jump from the U.

Loomer

I trust them more than I trust my own mother.

image.php

Top Bottom