• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CD Projekt Red - "NX Will Be Fantastic" [Up: Umm... err... well... haha?]

I don't think that some people are really understanding why this matters.

Sure developers say positive things about hardware before they come out all of the time *insert joke about EA/Nintendo partnership for wii U here.* The Difference is that most of the time there is clearly some sort of goal they have for saying it, EA praised Wii U (until they backed out) because of the partnership they had at the time. Most companies say these kind of things because they generally have something to gain from it...

CD Project Red doesn't really have that, they aren't owned by some massive corporation and even if they were developing either of port of Witcher 3 or Gwent for it they still have no direct reason to say its good unless they actually know something that does indeed excite them, the comment alone is more along the lines of this kind of thing. They've herd things and they think it'll be great because of that.

Long story short, CD Project Red doesn't really have a stake in NX so its likely that if what they have herd is true then the NX really has something special and unlike EA or Activision they aren't saying something positive because they have a large stake in it being successful.

Heres hoping at least.

watershed

Banned
The gimmick needs to be amazing. VR? Fully featured console on the go? AR? Something. I think it's fine if Nintendo doesn't aim to have the most powerful console on the market, but the console needs to be appealing at first glance.

DangerMan

Banned
Why isn't The Witcher 3 on Wii U? It runs at 1080p30fps consistently on my PC and I still don't understand why they couldn't manage (or didn't try) to get it to run on Wii U. My PC's specs: amdx4 3.1ghz, gtx550ti 1gb vram, 16gb ddr3

The wii u isn't much weaker (my pc's cpu doesn't perform much better than wii u's, gpu is roughly twice the power of wii us, and 16gbddr3 isnt exactly a huge advantage in gaming).

The Witcher 3 should have been on Wii U at 720p30fps with good gamepad controls but also support for other controllers.

The Witcher 3 should be on NX matching nonneo-PS4 visuals and performance but with support for NX controllers and older gen controller

The Witcher 4 should be on NX whever it launches

Developers say nothing about NX

"Oh no, no one knows, Nintendo doomed, devs don't even like it."

Developers say positive things:

"eh i'll believe it when i see it."

lol.

It's the truth at the end of the day. You need to just need to look at the video shown during E3 2011 during the Wii U announcement

https://youtu.be/p1JJPkd4Q28?t=3489

It's a video of various developers singing the praises of the Wii U. The most notable of course is EA as we all know how that love story ended. Pre-release words really do mean shit in this industry when it comes to support. I remember that Microsoft had Nagoshi and Kojima on a panel singing the praises of Project Natal and neither of them ended up making a thing for it.

I want the NX to get a ton of developer support. Keyword there being support. When CDPR announces and releases Cyberpunk 2077 for the NX, that'll mean a lot. This talking is obviously encouraging on some level, but it's still just a bunch of words that can quickly change as we've seen so many times before.

I don't get the last part about the Xbox and power. Could someone please translate the translation for someone without dutch or english as the first language? I don't get what he's saying, it's all riddles for me. :/
He's talking about th SCD. Hes not trying to give it away, but it seems like the SCD will give the NX boost of power to make it more powerful and Nintendo won't have to worry about making stronger hardware.

CrazyHorse

At least quote the rest of it:

Host: In theory it is possible.

Fabian: Affordable? Do they have the contacts to the industrial facilities, resources… [Shakes head several times in denial] And what would be the positive outcome? Who is going to develop games for it?

*They go on to talk about SNES, 32X, Dreamcast etc*……Fabian: But anyway, I am really looking forward to NX.

Host: I see. But what kind of console will it be? Will it be a handheld? Or…

Fabian: It will be spectacular!

Host: *Jokingly* Nah, you know nothing. I’ll have a look in the chat.

Fabian: I’ll not make the mistake to reveal a console again. Not at this time.

Host: But if – please in my show.

Fabian: If yes than with you tonight in your pool. [Talking about the pool and some private stuff. The Interview moves on in a different direction.]

http://www.nintengen.com/2016/06/cd-projekt-red-nx-will-be-fantastic.html?m=1

It's obviously something completely new in concept. The Wii effect revisited.

Fredrik

Nintendo doesn't have the money to waste to make a system that's graphically better than Scorpio.
Aren't people saying the opposite, that Nintendo have a war chest of money and could take huge losses every year for like 50 years and still have money left in the bank?

It's the truth at the end of the day. You need to just need to look at the video shown during E3 2011 during the Wii U announcement

It's a video of various developers singing the praises of the Wii U. The most notable of course is EA as we all know how that love story ended. Pre-release words really do mean shit in this industry when it comes to support. I remember that Microsoft had Nagoshi and Kojima on a panel singing the praises of Project Natal and neither of them ended up making a thing for it.

I want the NX to get a ton of developer support. Keyword there being support. When CDPR announces and releases Cyberpunk 2077 for the NX, that'll mean a lot. This talking is obviously encouraging on some level, but it's still just a bunch of words that can quickly change as we've seen so many times before.

Sorry, that video means absolutely nothing. That's like a standard video Nintendo always does when they reveal new hardware at E3.

Dmax3901

Sure developers say positive things about hardware before they come out all of the time *insert joke about EA/Nintendo partnership for wii U here.* The Difference is that most of the time there is clearly some sort of goal they have for saying it, EA praised Wii U (until they backed out) because of the partnership they had at the time. Most companies say these kind of things because they generally have something to gain from it...

CD Project Red doesn't really have that, they aren't owned by some massive corporation and even if they were developing either of port of Witcher 3 or Gwent for it they still have no direct reason to say its good unless they actually know something that does indeed excite them, the comment alone is more along the lines of this kind of thing. They've herd things and they think it'll be great because of that.

Long story short, CD Project Red doesn't really have a stake in NX so its likely that if what they have herd is true then the NX really has something special and unlike EA or Activision they aren't saying something positive because they have a large stake in it being successful.

Heres hoping at least.

A good point well made.

What's the most likely time for Nintendo to reveal the NX? I know they've said Fall but... WHEN my god I'm so thirsty.

Calvero

Banned
A couple of unrelated things popped into my mind reading the OT.

Witcher 3 - The Sword of Destiny E3 2014 Trailer
hqQrH2G.jpg

NX dev kit rumor:

Wii U E3 2011 tech demo:

MkuwQhS.jpg

this image quality wtf lol pls

Speely

Banned
GOG as a platform partner confirmed. NX controller/handheld to work with PCs that have the NX platform installed also confirmed. Super savvy joint takeover. I like it.

Jk

It IS really nice to hear some optimism about the NX from trusted devs.

Fredrik

He's talking about th SCD. Hes not trying to give it away, but it seems like the SCD will give the NX boost of power to make it more powerful and Nintendo won't have to worry about making stronger hardware.
Hmm. So they'll just release a 32X type of secondary computing device to push it ahead if needed? I don't like the sound of that tbh. :/

Ponn

Banned

Heres hoping at least.

Conversely what reason do they have to shit on an as yet unreleased console and burn bridges in a random interview question? How many devs shit on Wii U during interviews pre-launch? It's just called being professional.

Nemecyst

Now if only nintendo had the balls to be this happy about NX.

Considering how witcher 3 runs on bloaty ass windows 10 on X1, a nintendo spec machine of similiar power no bloat and vulkan based would satisfy plenty.

Has your own opinion changed on NX, or do they still need some improvements?

Herne

Bad translation? Nintendo is perfectly capable of designing a console as or more powerful than the competition - it's not as if they lack the resources. They just don't want to.

Interesting comments from CDPR, though.

Conversely what reason do they have to shit on an as yet unreleased console and burn bridges in a random interview question? How many devs shit on Wii U during interviews pre-launch? It's just called being professional.

Even then they could just say the NX is promising and just try to be more neutral. What reason do they have to say that it will be excellent when they could easily say it has potential.

I'm guessing they have had talks about putting Gwent on the NX and that is about as far as it goes. Hopefully they aren't lying and it really is a great platform though.

Hmm. So they'll just release a 32X type of secondary computing device to push it ahead if needed? I don't like the sound of that tbh. :/

Well, the patent said your NX could pull power from other NX systems through the internet I believe. I'll have to look it back up.

Lady Gaia

Bad translation? Nintendo is perfectly capable of designing a console as or more powerful than the competition - it's not as if they lack the resources. They just don't want to.

Nor should they. Both Microsoft and Sony are planning to have two-tier offerings in the market. A mass market device plus a premium device. There is no way Nintendo is going to launch two console tiers at the same time, nor are they going to opt for premium only. Ergo they'll have something competitive with PS4 / Xbox One.

Even then they could just say the NX is promising and just try to be more neutral. What reason do they have to say that it will be excellent when they could easily say it has potential.

They don't even have a reason to say anything about it to begin with since it hasn't been formally announced yet.

MilkBeard

This is true. A developer saying a console will be good, without them even making a game for it means shit.

It's hard to believe there will be a CDProjectRed game for NX. It would be great, but those kinds of developers tend to stay away from Nintendo systems.

Please let this actually indicate something, at the end of the day...

Meesh

If CDPR says it's good, it's gotta be goooood.

Diggin all the positive NX lip service, now announce a few games already ;)

skypunch

Banned
Nice. CDPR are awesome.

As long as the console is around PS4 level in graphics, I'm good. Just give me great games really.

Schnozberry

Interesting comments from CDPR, though.

I think what he was indicating is that Nintendo doesn't have the same leverage to get costs down as Microsoft or Sony, likely because of existing industrial contracts and knowing the right people. Nintendo is large, but not as large as Sony and Microsoft when you take into account all their non-gaming products.

Draper

I can see it now.

The Witcher Ultimate Edition

Reggie proceeds to go on the offensive about it being an entirely different game.

Top Bottom