• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CD Projekt Red - "NX Will Be Fantastic" [Up: Umm... err... well... haha?]

jaina

Fabian's so obviously kidding around and has been for years in interviews with this guy. I understand his comments more as a "I don't know anything".

So don't assume any CDPR / NX connection!

Apparently the interviewers are clearly drunk during this interview and are just joking around a lot. Anyone here speak German to confirm this?

oti

Banned
Just a little heads-up: That's Doehla. The guy is super fun and all but in the end he's a PR guy. I have a hard time believing he would know details about NX. He's the guy who writes the press emails for CD, SEGA and others. Again, he's fun and the most popular PR guy in the German region, but he's neither CD nor a developer.

ekim

German here: he is probably joking. Before the part that was transcripted he teases the host if he hasn't seen the NX at the Nintendo Booth. And that it's coming in March. The part after that's in the OP also sounds like he is just messing around with the host because the host is clearly excited for NX.

Russ T

Banned
Take Two CEO was extremely pessimistic about the Wii U before it was out. Which is why Strauss seemingly more positive about NX is something

Wii, Wii U, same system anyway am I right??

Thanks for the correction. :p

And yeah, I agree, the change in tone is definitely worthy of note. I'm excited!

zoukka

Just a little heads-up: That's Doehla. The guy is super fun and all but in the end he's a PR guy. I have a hard time believing he would know details about NX. He's the guy who writes the press emails for CD, SEGA and others. Again, he's fun and the most popular PR guy in the German region, but he's neither CD nor a developer.

Should edit the title of the thread to reflect this.

This is non-news now.

OuterLimits

Perhaps the positive vibes are related to whatever gimmick Nintendo has dreamed up this time. Maybe developers are excited by it. I have no clue.

I doubt it will be a powerful console. Nintendo does their own thing though which is exciting I think. Sure it could bomb terribly, but we don't need three companies making "traditional" consoles.

User Tron

German here: he is probably joking. Before the part that was transcripted he teases the host if he hasn't seen the NX at the Nintendo Booth. And that it's coming in March. The part after that's in the OP also sounds like he is just messing around with the host because the host is clearly excited for NX.

First I thought he's just joking but what was the reference to the last time he said too much. That sounded as he really knows something and is afraid to let it slip (again?)

Aostia

El Capitan Todd

In fact he says that he is hearing positive things from the developers.
Or he is lying or he is drunk

Lol

Speculation always leads to disappointment, especially when its Nintendo hardware power levels. Nintendo consoles have been underpowered for decades and that does not stop them from delivering the best games.

Styles

lmao.gif

oti

Banned
In fact he says that he is hearing positive things from the developers.
Or he is lying or he is drunk

Lol

Well, we went from "CDPR LOVES THE NX!" to "I've heard some developers like it". Sure, that's much more realistic and could be totally true. I'm just pointing out that this isn't CDPR speaking.

ferunnico

Neo Member
These two are friends and have known each other for many years. This is far from a real interview, they are just messing around. Also, portraying this as a quote from CD Projekt RED is very misleading. His official postion is Public Relations & Social Media at SEGA and CD Projekt RED. So he might have heard a couple of developers say that NX is great, or maybe he wast just joking around.

Vibranium

Banned
CDPR would be big for Nintendo. They really could use them and their future smaller titles could also thrive.

Considering this guy was joking and we haven't heard much from them, who knows...

NateDrake

I have a feeling it may be the first of many shits on an NX parade. =/

People just need to be smarter when it comes to this type of stuff. Checking the guy on Twitter would have saved a lot of time, or even asking on Twitter for context or clarification. Just because Trev makes a video about it, doesn't mean it is true or relevant to anything. Do people honestly think it would have taken 2 days to get this information out there had it been true? No major NX information is sitting away in a random E3 interview waiting to be found.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I was optimistic reading the thread title right up until that line about the Xbox, which is relatively antithetic to the titular quote for this thread.

he's assuming

Well it's like Fabian said, realistically Nintendo will not compete with Scorpio.

It's a fairly safe assumption. Scorpio being a 6TF machine launching in late 2017 vs a March 2017 machine rumored to be priced in an affordable range.

All quite apparent. Just seemed a bit too pointed and unprofessional. Especially knowing that CDPR isn't going to blow the lid off of NX.

^goldblumthereitis.gif

Oregano

So he was joking and probably doesn't know anything...

I wonder if there is any truth there though, in regards to certain people getting to see it behind closed doors at E3.

Kind of relieved I saw this thread after the fact, no need to raise my hopes only to get them crushed. Still excited to see it, though! Not the only instance of positive press so far, so it could turn out to be great.

Here we go again. Crazy hype train tickets are being sold by this developer. Just wait until the ticket inspector comes along and tells the crazies to calm down. We'll soon get some rumours that say otherwise, no doubt.

Top Bottom